Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

1 hour ago, Johnny Higher said:

I wonder why Green Day was not at the GRAMMYs ?

Don't worry, they'll be there next year and they'll win the best rock album with RevRad. I really hope so. The album has a great potential, I hope it'll do well! :)

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, End Of The World said:

Don't worry, they'll be there next year and they'll win the best rock album with RevRad. I really hope so. The album has a great potential, I hope it'll do well! :)

I think they will get best Rock album, and I think they'll be nominated for Album of the Year and Song of the year (SB). If that's the name of those categories, I can't remember.

I don't think this warranted a thread, but as we were talking about publishing rights in class:

Is Green Day, or even Billie, signed to a publishing company?
I know they are now represented by SESAC for performance royalties, but what about publishing rights? Company or not?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Paola17 said:

I don't think this warranted a thread, but as we were talking about publishing rights in class:

Is Green Day, or even Billie, signed to a publishing company?
I know they are now represented by SESAC for performance royalties, but what about publishing rights? Company or not?

I assume so because Billie's real name never is in credits of the side projects. Case in point, PHGP - the songs he wrote are credited as Fink. Pinhead records weren't published by Warner, except for the stuff that was released on Adeline.

I'm no expert, @WhiteTim and @crock6000 might know more. 

In honour of Billie's birthday today, I've started a Green Day music-video-marathon. Haven't finished all of them yet, but I still think Still Breathing is the best they've ever done. I LOVE IT!

• Like 4

Every time I go to my Green Day playlist, I always find myself coming back to No One Knows. Mike's bass playing on it is phenomenal and I just love the atmosphere of the song. The lyrics are extremely mature in it as well - they were wise beyond their years back in the day ;)

• Like 4

God damn lucky luck!! Couldn't be lamer that is isn't in every set. A minute and a half or something, why not treat everybody to that. Guess you gotta be close to Armitage Shanks logos or something. But no because they have pulled it out in many different places.

On 2/11/2017 at 2:10 PM, Hermione said:

He's the lead singer of Green Day :lol: 

They're two different people...sure there are things in common but they're separate.... :dry:

10 hours ago, FallingFromTheStars said:

They're two different people...sure there are things in common but they're separate.... :dry:

I'm serious though, it's a really autobiographical work. He made use of characters to tell the story, and set it against a modern political backdrop, but it's basically the story of his own youth/coming of age. I think that's a big part of why it's so great, he was writing about himself so it all comes from a real place.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jenn. said:

When Billie says "how many old school Green Day fans are here right now?" I never know whether to respond - does he mean a fan who's been around since the old school days or a fan who likes the old school music? Make yourself clear mister :tired: (and yes I know he doesn't know or care but I like to be honest in my screaming responses)

I've always thought that he's talking about the fans that follows them since Kerplunk or Dookie :P 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jenn. said:

(and yes I know he doesn't know or care but I like to be honest in my screaming responses)

This made me laugh :lol: I asked myself the same question, but in reality it doesn't matter because I scream at 99% of everything he says :lol: 

• Like 3

I just realised that the 19th February last year was Green Day Day. I don't know if that particular day was a one off or a yearly occurrence. But I don't care:

HAPPY GREEN DAY DAY EVERYONE!!!!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MaraGreenDay said:

I've always thought that he's talking about the fans that follows them since Kerplunk or Dookie :P 

That's what I thought too which is why I always hesitated to cheer :lol: but it could be interpreted the second way too right?! 

1 hour ago, Marki. said:

This made me laugh :lol: I asked myself the same question, but in reality it doesn't matter because I scream at 99% of everything he says :lol: 

I'm sure he wouldn't notice if I screamed :lol: but, ridiculous as it sounds, I'd feel insincere if I cheered for something not aimed at me :lol: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jenn. said:

That's what I thought too which is why I always hesitated to cheer :lol: but it could be interpreted the second way too right?! 

I'm sure he wouldn't notice if I screamed :lol: but, ridiculous as it sounds, I'd feel insincere if I cheered for something not aimed at me :lol: 

I think he just means anyone who knows/likes their old stuff. Considering he sounds like he thinks 99% of the audience won't whenever he talks about playing older/rarer songs :lol:. Also pretty sure if only the people who've been into them since 1994 or earlier responded it would be extremely quiet and awkward :lol: 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jenn. said:

I get you, I felt the same when he was asking for someone to go up to play the guitar - I think I could do it (even though I'm a beginner guitar player) and of course I'd love to go up there and hug them, but when Billie ran to my side of the stage and started asking questions like "Who's the best guitar player here tonight, where are you??" I just couldn't bring myself to scream and go crazy :lol: I felt a bit ridiculous, but also I just became quite scared to go up there at that moment and felt like it wasn't right. (Of course, the girl he ended up picking couldn't play the song at all :lol:). 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Hermione said:

I'm serious though, it's a really autobiographical work. He made use of characters to tell the story, and set it against a modern political backdrop, but it's basically the story of his own youth/coming of age. I think that's a big part of why it's so great, he was writing about himself so it all comes from a real place.

I disagree. It has some things that are injected from his own life, like Wake Me Up When September ends and perhaps Whatsername, but it's different from his own life.

Jesus of Suburbia is a loner, Billie Joe always had Mike.

2 hours ago, Marki. said:

I get you, I felt the same when he was asking for someone to go up to play the guitar - I think I could do it (even though I'm a beginner guitar player) and of course I'd love to go up there and hug them, but when Billie ran to my side of the stage and started asking questions like "Who's the best guitar player here tonight, where are you??" I just couldn't bring myself to scream and go crazy :lol: I felt a bit ridiculous, but also I just became quite scared to go up there at that moment and felt like it wasn't right. (Of course, the girl he ended up picking couldn't play the song at all :lol:). 

The funny thing is he'd probably have picked you :lol: I think it was maybe Leeds he asked someone how long they'd been playing and they said 7 or 8 years and he said "then you're probably really good!" and asked someone else who said 2 years and he said "perfect!" :D

But I did the exact same when he was looking for someone to sing Longview. It felt like he was looking in my direction so I avoided eye contact, lol. I always say I'd love to go onstage but I'm just terrified that I'd freeze up or not be very engaging!

• Like 1

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day Thoughts
  • Liam unpinned this topic