Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

I think they'll definitely do at least one more music video- surely they can't do only the two videos from this album? As highlighted by that cartoon video above, I think that BOTW could potentially be a very funny video, as would TDTD. It would also be interesting to see what they do with a Troubled Times video.

• Like 1

Today I experienced (again) how American Idiot is great. At school, during the break, we put the song on the computer and... Yeah :lol:

5 hours ago, Too Dumb to Die(s) said:

I hope that Billie Joe dresses like a human sized cello for the whole video.  

Tre will dress as the middle of the road.  

Mike Dirnt will be a human sized atom bomb. 

I wish this would actually happen.

Yeah it is timeless. Listened to Uno today, enjoyed every single track. Especially Rusty James, Oh Love and Fell For You. Sweet 16's chorus isn't the greatest but I love the solo! Great album, like all of them. :cool:

Watching James Corden, and they're doing this thing where you either have to answer a painful question, or eat something extreemly repulsive. James got asked: 'Name one artist you turned down for carpool karaoke'.  He wouldn't say of course, and ate a scorpion, but I think we all know the answer.:lol::dry:

Spoiler

Green Day, obviously

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jesus of Seneca said:

Watching James Corden, and they're doing this thing where you either have to answer a painful question, or eat something extreemly repulsive. James got asked: 'Name one artist you turned down for carpool karaoke'.  He wouldn't say of course, and ate a scorpion, but I think we all know the answer.:lol::dry:

Reveal hidden contents

Green Day, obviously

I love how he rather ate a scorpion than admit it :lol:

33 minutes ago, bouncingoffthewallbja said:

I've been listening to Misery a lot recently! I just love how it's kind of a different style for GD musically and how it tells a story. It's so underrated - actually, Warning in its  entirety is underrated! :lol:

Everytime I listen to Warning in full (I did it recently after a long time of not listening to it...) I'm blown away by how perfect that album is. Just the title song, Warning, is so damn great and catchy. I was going around singing it that whole day :lol: 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Whatsername_123 said:

I think they'll definitely do at least one more music video- surely they can't do only the two videos from this album? As highlighted by that cartoon video above, I think that BOTW could potentially be a very funny video, as would TDTD. It would also be interesting to see what they do with a Troubled Times video.

Mike dressed as Satan as the two of them speed through town  in the Broken Dreams car causing havoc!   Lighting things on fire and making mayhem!  Tre Cool is a cop that is trying to catch them before it's too late.   Just when he catches up with the duo, a stranger appears from nowhere and shots him dead.   

It's Jason White - and he's wearing a badge that says "Official Green Day Guy" and he joins Billie and Mike in the car.  

At the end of the song they accidently drive into a wall at slow speed and they all jump out on the ground as the car explodes.   The song trails off into "Outlaws" and the next video picks up with them walking around in a state of shock.  

It's today's Broken Dreams.   

!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Too Dumb to Die(s) said:

Mike dressed as Satan as the two of them speed through town  in the Broken Dreams car causing havoc!   Lighting things on fire and making mayhem!  Tre Cool is a cop that is trying to catch them before it's too late.   Just when he catches up with the duo, a stranger appears from nowhere and shots him dead.   

It's Jason White - and he's wearing a badge that says "Official Green Day Guy" and he joins Billie and Mike in the car.  

At the end of the song they accidently drive into a wall at slow speed and they all jump out on the ground as the car explodes.   The song trails off into "Outlaws" and the next video picks up with them walking around in a state of shock.  

It's today's Broken Dreams.   

!

:lol: I'd love to see that. They should hire you as a screenwriter for their music videos. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bouncingoffthewallbja said:

I've been listening to Misery a lot recently! I just love how it's kind of a different style for GD musically and how it tells a story. It's so underrated - actually, Warning in its  entirety is underrated! :lol:

It's kind of a proto-JoS or Homecoming. Warning has the political (Warning, Minority, Macy's Day Parade) and story elements (Misery) which laid the groundwork for American Idiot. Warning's influence on Green Day's overall direction is unjustly disregarded, whilst it still stands lyrically next to 21CB and AI as their finest works.

• Like 3

Warning is so underrated. Some people say it's their worst album, but I don't think they've really listened to all the nuances of it. They just blow it off because it's different. 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, unextraordinarygirl said:

Warning is so underrated. Some people say it's their worst album, but I don't think they've really listened to all the nuances of it. They just blow it off because it's different. 

Luckily, people on this forum love Warning enough. At least it seems to me being like that :D Agree. Let's take Misery - it has so many instruments there and together they make this mind-blowing song. I can't rank GD albums by what's my favourite or least favourite, all I can say that this one is pretty good. The lyrics are probably the main reason why I love it so much. And it's great that they did what they wanted to do, and didn't stuck with their previous sound just to satisfy their fans and they always kept evolving it. I'd rather be listening to their experiments and jamming than rehearsed sounding all over again for years. The great thing with this band is that they don't sound exactly the same as they did on their first live shows, which is cool cuz you can see the path and experience they have behind, and to me it's important and interesting, but through all those experiments they still sound like themselves, even if it doesn't sound like that at the first listen (for me Still Breathing was quite shocking the first time I heard it but now it sounds just like another GD song - thanks God for my patience :D).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Whatsername_123 said:

I guess I use GDC too often because last night I dreamt about reading a post from @End Of The World!

AHAHAH:lol:

Now repeat with me: "I won't dream this post anymore, I won't dream this post anymore...":D

Seriously, I've never been addicted to anything, except for GD. But this place has something special (I don't know what) that pushes me to come here. Maybe I just love discussing with you all, or "I'm just stoned"...

• Like 3

4 hours ago, unextraordinarygirl said:

Well said :lol:

I had a strange dream last night that Billie Joe, Tré and Mike were the servers in my school canteen

14 minutes ago, Libertine Angel said:

Warning is definitely their bravest, its diversity both within itself and in comparison to their previous stuff shows a kind of confident ease that says "we know we're good and we know it too well to feel compelled to prove it to your standards".

Yes, absolutely this. Warning to me sounds so confident and sophisticated. It's a really important album that bridges the gap between "old" Green Day and "new" Green Day. @Dakke said it well. If anyone's confused by Green Day's apparent change in musical direction with AI, they need only listen to Warning.

• Like 3

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day Thoughts
  • Liam unpinned this topic