Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

I hate how on the digital version of American Idiot (on iTunes, Spotify, etc.) like half of the songs are joined and listed as one track. For instance, Holiday/Boulevard of Broken Dreams is one track. I realize that they transition into each other but I would still prefer it if they were separate.

• Like 2

I know they demoed Haushinka for Dookie, but damn they really perfected that song for nimrod, I'm bummed they never played the nimrod version out on tour. There's even video of a live show on the Warning tour where someone requested the song and Billie said "I like that song... but we're not gunna play it"

• Like 1

Listening to 21CB must involve massively turning up the volume in the short gap between the drums at the end of the intro and the guitar to make a proper crescendo.

I may also be deafening myself but it's worth it.

Before the Lobotomy needs the same thing too.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Libertine Angel said:

Listening to 21CB must involve massively turning up the volume in the short gap between the drums at the end of the intro and the guitar to make a proper crescendo.

I may also be deafening myself but it's worth it.

Before the Lobotomy needs the same thing too.

I was listening to it last Sunday and thought the same thing. It's fun to do that. I also thought it would be a good idea to accompany with whiskey shots. 

• Like 2

I love 21st CB. I arranged Restless Heart Syndrome for my  HS piano class, they loved it!

• Like 4

21 hours ago, GenXIdiot said:

I love 21st CB. I arranged Restless Heart Syndrome for my  HS piano class, they loved it!

That's my favourite song on that album. :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JJ1964 said:

I'm taking Thing 2 to see American Idiot tomorrow.  It should be fun.

Exciting! I've never been. Dumb question here, but where is it playing? We just don't follow musical theatre at all. My thing 2 is only into opera! But after reading about it on here, I'd like to see it!!

13 minutes ago, GenXIdiot said:

Exciting! I've never been. Dumb question here, but where is it playing? We just don't follow musical theatre at all. My thing 2 is only into opera! But after reading about it on here, I'd like to see it!!

I've seen it once before but this is playing in a cute little dinner theater in bridgeport xalled the downtown cabaret theater

• Like 1

They have been doing a little something around the first of every month (usually with instagram) Its unlikely but i'm hoping we get something good tomorrow! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JJ1964 said:

I've seen it once before but this is playing in a cute little dinner theater in bridgeport xalled the downtown cabaret theater

Oh wow that sounds great, have fun!

9 hours ago, Harry Potter. said:

That's my favourite song on that album. :)

Me too!  It's just a great song! 

saw a few days ago a a special edition of the rolling stone magazine...think it was somehow called 90s or something like that....however, there is an article of green day in it...is there someone who has this magazine...i mean i wanted to buy it but it really pricey here

5 hours ago, LisaBJA said:

saw a few days ago a a special edition of the rolling stone magazine...think it was somehow called 90s or something like that....however, there is an article of green day in it...is there someone who has this magazine...i mean i wanted to buy it but it really pricey here

I have a copy, I think the green day article was just one that was reprinted from 94 or 95, it might actually be in the magazine section on the GDA site

• Like 1

This is as random as it gets, I had the house to myself for a little while today so I fooled around on the piano and figured out "Ordinary World":

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Kyle Serlington said:

I have a copy, I think the green day article was just one that was reprinted from 94 or 95, it might actually be in the magazine section on the GDA site

okay thanks a lot!

The trilogy is brilliant and most people I've met that hate it are knobs (unpopular opinion?).

• Like 3

Just now, StefanoBras said:

The trilogy is brilliant and most people I've met that hate it are knobs (unpopular opinion?).

Yep, unpopular opinion :P A few of us defend it (though it does have its faults), but it's definitely not their most-loved around here.

Just now, Libertine Angel said:

Yep, unpopular opinion :P A few of us defend it (though it does have its faults), but it's definitely not their most-loved around here.

The thing is... the trilogy reminds me of a really pleasant time in my life, everytime I hear songs like Stray Heart, Wild One or Sweet 16 I just get the shivers.

I don't think they are bad albums, at all.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, StefanoBras said:

The thing is... the trilogy reminds me of a really pleasant time in my life, everytime I hear songs like Stray Heart, Wild One or Sweet 16 I just get the shivers.

I don't think they are bad albums, at all.

I don't dislike them either, they're overproduced (Demolicious sounds much better) and I haven't listened to Nightlife since 2012 but on the whole they're decent enough.

2 minutes ago, Libertine Angel said:

I don't dislike them either, they're overproduced (Demolicious sounds much better) and I haven't listened to Nightlife since 2012 but on the whole they're decent enough.

I really couldn't care less about the production. I mean, you're right,  it could be better if it had less filters and stuff but either way.. it has it's own sound which I absolutely love.

Nightlife is different but I enjoy the bass line and most of the time I love when they experiment (Take Back :shy:)

5 minutes ago, Libertine Angel said:

If trilogy is overproduced then AI and Dookie are very extremely overproduced 

1 minute ago, StefanoBras said:

I really couldn't care less about the production. I mean, you're right,  it could be better if it had less filters and stuff but either way.. it has it's own sound which I absolutely love.

Nightlife is different but I enjoy the bass line and most of the time I love when they experiment (Take Back :shy:)

I don't like Take Back either, I just can't stand growling :P

Just now, WhiteTim said:

If trilogy is overproduced then AI and Dookie are very extremely overproduced 

Nah, the Trilogy's guitars sound like they've had the life thinned out of them.

1 minute ago, Libertine Angel said:

I don't like Take Back either, I just can't stand growling :P

That's why I used to say... then I got into Bring Me the Horizon, Asking Alexandria and Enter Shikari HAHAHA

1 hour ago, Libertine Angel said:

Nah, the Trilogy's guitars sound like they've had the life thinned out of them.

The trilogy is the least produced albums GD has done since the Lookout albums 

Green Day using clean tones has nothing to do with the actual production also instead of using the close up mics to the amps they used the room mics which has nothing with being overproduced 

Yes the vocal filters should've been adjusted to fit the sound as they used the same amount for AI and 21st which fit fine with the dirty loud tone those albums had 

• Like 3

I love Nightlife.  It's a really fun song.  I can't wait until they tour so I can get pulled on stage to sing the Lady Cobra part.

• Like 4

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day Thoughts
  • Hermione pinned this topic
  • Liam unpinned this topic