Mike's Instagram post hints that something's coming...?

Punkfreak1414

A little phrase i like to associate with Green Day "Always expect the unexpected"

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's unlikely but hey, none of us saw a trilogy of albums coming, and Foreverly pretty much came out of nowhere. It's entirely possible (though very unlikely) that Green Day will have a new album out in the summer. Again, VERY UNLIKELY, but entirely possible. :) They're unpredictable.

Nope. Not this summer. We knew about Breakdown and the trilogy about 7 months before their releases, anyway if they do go into the studio soon, it won't be until after the australia tour in march, which means that 7 month turnover would take us to October/November. Anyway, given the hectic last 18 months or so, it seems they wanna take some time off before doing anything spectacular.

Nope. Not this summer. We knew about Breakdown and the trilogy about 7 months before their releases, anyway if they do go into the studio soon, it won't be until after the australia tour in march, which means that 7 month turnover would take us to October/November. Anyway, given the hectic last 18 months or so, it seems they wanna take some time off before doing anything spectacular.

Yeah but look at Foreverly. We found out about that pretty much right before it came out, and we knew NOTHING until they decided to tell us about it. Granted, it's a much smaller project than a Green Day album, but the fact remains that they could be doing anything and we wouldn't know a thing if they didn't want us to. I agree with you, I highly doubt they have any plans for new material anytime soon, and I actually hope they do take a longer break.

Yeah but look at Foreverly. We found out about that pretty much right before it came out, and we knew NOTHING until they decided to tell us about it. Granted, it's a much smaller project than a Green Day album, but the fact remains that they could be doing anything and we wouldn't know a thing if they didn't want us to. I agree with you, I highly doubt they have any plans for new material anytime soon, and I actually hope they do take a longer break.

True, but Foreverly wasn't really promoted that much, a new green day album would be and that would be a few months of promotion.

I would expect them to do something for Dookie this year, though what and when is anyone's guess.

I can remember that Billie Joe published a photo inside the studio last year.

Maybe it has to do with it?

Maybe they're gonna do a Bionce and drop a surprise album :)

I am 80% this thing that's going on will be Dookiev related though, must be. Although i wouldn't say no to a new album :)

Only just thought of this, maybe it's something to do with those little acoustic clips Billie posted to Instagram

Yeah, because a couple of out of tune acoustic videos on Instagram definitely means they're doing an acoustic album :rolleyes:

That it does :)

Maybe it has something to do with the long-awaited American Idiot movie. Seriously can't wait for more news about that :ga:

''What it really means:

working on a new album

putting out some documentaries (GD love documentaries)

a live album

some crazy stupid solo stuff

working on the american idiot movie

visiting cool places (Tré Cool loves cool places)

working on cars (Mike Dirnt loves working on cars)

doing crazy stuff on instagram (Billie Joe loves doing crazy stuff on instagram)

playing the guitar (Jason White loves playing the guitar) ''

The good thing is we're actually getting something and chances are one of us has said it on this thread already

I wish they'd spill the beans already

You know what? Me too! I wonder when it'll be

Can you explain to me the meaning of ''spill the beans ? (sorry ... ;))

It basically means to tell/explain.

So in this case it means we hope they tell us what they're doing soon! :happy:

Can you explain to me the meaning of ''spill the beans ? (sorry ... ;))

basically telling us what's going on, what they've got for us :) telling us their secret they're keeping!

I'm thinking it is most likely going to be something having to do with a special version of Dookie for the anniversary and they are going to announce it on February 1.

in billies RS interview the 10th and 20th anniversaries of the albums were mentioned and he said "theres also that to think about". which could mean something or nothing at all lol. maybe they do have a little something planned for it. maybe theyre taking a break after australia to gear up for a big anniversary tour or something! hey im just spitballin here.

in billies RS interview the 10th and 20th anniversaries of the albums were mentioned and he said "theres also that to think about". which could mean something or nothing at all lol. maybe they do have a little something planned for it. maybe theyre taking a break after australia to gear up for a big anniversary tour or something! hey im just spitballin here.

Yeah it definitely supports the idea that this is something to do with Dookie/AI. At the very least, it proves that they've at least considered doing something special to commemorate them.

Yeah it definitely supports the idea that this is something to do with Dookie/AI. At the very least, it proves that they've at least considered doing something special to commemorate them.

Can't see it being anything else, I'd love to see a remastered Dookie and/or acoustic versions of AI and Dookie, that would be so awesome

American Dookie.

I think it would be awesome if they released a 2 disc set each featuring acoustic/re-recorded/remastered versions of both Dookie and American Idiot.

American Dookie.

I think it would be awesome if they released a 2 disc set each featuring acoustic/re-recorded/remastered versions of both Dookie and American Idiot.

Just thinking about how awesome that'd be gives me goosebumps! :)

That's true. So basically were looking at one of these to be what the secret it.

1) Nothing were just over out heads

2) There working on there next album

3) there making an international super hits type of thing.

4) there having either a dookie or american idiot or both anniversary tour.

5) there having a second leg of a normal tour after there break

6) pre dookie documentary

The good thing is we're actually getting something and chances are one of us has said it on this thread already

Archived