Thoughts on Bohemian Rhapsody/previous intros

She is Amanda

I'm not sure about Good, the Bad, and the Ugly..it was a bit too much for me. But I loved singing along with so many other people for Bohemian Rhapsody. For the first time I felt like I was part of a community. We were all there to enjoy a kick ass show and a band we all love. I'll never forget that moment.

Bohemian Rhapsody provided one of the coolest pre-show concert moments ever! Both times I saw them, the entire crowd sang their lungs out... Though I know Chicago was the loudest.

That's right we were!! :P

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BR is fucking epic and the reason for Good the bad the ugly is because that's what the ramones came out to or that's how I got the feeling from it with the drunk bunny dancing to the Ramones record

If you were at the Emirates gig Bohemian Rhapsody is the perfect song, Blitzkreig bop is also fun. Good the bad and the ugly I think is a really cool way to open the show too

I'm not sure about Good, the Bad, and the Ugly..it was a bit too much for me. But I loved singing along with so many other people for Bohemian Rhapsody. For the first time I felt like I was part of a community. We were all there to enjoy a kick ass show and a band we all love. I'll never forget that moment.

That's right we were!! :P

Hellz yeah! :dance::wub:

I love Bohemian Rhapsody, i think it's an awesome intro, i wish i could hear it live just waiting for the moment to see the boys :wub:

But i think this it's my second favorite

Sorry is just i can't remember the name of it

:ninja: 0:33

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRN-_Xjpe7k

I love Bohemian Rhapsody, i think it's an awesome intro, i wish i could hear it live just waiting for the moment to see the boys :wub:

But i think this it's my second favorite

Sorry is just i can't remember the name of it

:ninja: 0:33

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRN-_Xjpe7k

Also Sprach Zarathusa, the theme song from 2001: A Space Odyssey. I think Elvis used to come on stage to it, that's why Billie used it.

Bohemian is nice but I don't think the theme of The Good, The Bad and The Ugly fits (yeah, I know it's a Ramones reference).

My favorite opener is the combo YMCA, Do You Remember Rock'n'Roll Radio? and Song of The Century. That was amazing!

i haven't experienced the bohemian rhapsody thing yet, but i think it would be AMAZING because everyone knows that song - and just watching the video from Emirates gave me shivers when everyone was singing it.

unsure about the good, the bad and the ugly - i think they should definitely play 'see you tonight' then come in with their opening song.

it'd be a lot more exciting! and i can just imagine it in my head.

The good the bad the ugly is such a random song. Song of the century is the best song coming on. And Bohemian Rhapsody is lengedary!! I love this song!! I love the feeling it gives me. It's just so epic. I wouldn't have mind if they tried see you tonight as an opening song- very similar feel to song of the century- it would have been better than the rando western song.

Also Sprach Zarathustra was amazing, but it doesn't really lend itself to singalongs, and it doesn't particularly get the crowd going. But it was still a great experience, I get chills just listening to it on Bullet In A Bible. I think the fact it was used when a lot of new (American Idiot-era) fans were seeing them for the first time really helped it - it doesn't suit a singalong but it lends itself to massive applause and cheers pretty well :P

Going to two shows, the first one being my first Green Day show ever, Bohemian Rhapsody was surreal, but the second time, it definitely brought my mood down and Blitzkrieg Bop just annoyed me after. I didn't notice until the second time that it just didn't fit.

This. Nothing can beat the SOTC/21stCB combo. Fucking chills every time.

Me too.

I think See you tonight would've been so much better, it fit the theme and it was actually a Green Day song.

I would have loved a SYT/Fuck Time combo.

I actually don't know if I'd consider BR and BB as "openers," necessarily, just because it's not expected that the band is gonna walk out during those shows. They're just expected pre-show inclusions (which I love ... there's a reason that Emirates Bohemian video went viral), but whatever. I was not a fan of The Good, The Bad and the Ugly. It felt awkward and it didn't give enough buildup to the band coming out like SOTC/21CB did ... they just showed up on stage, idk.

(I'm listening to Baba O'Riley as I type this. Now there's a good hype song!)

I think it would be cool if green day opened up with the "yeahhhhhhhhh" thing from the intro of dirty rotten bastards over the pa...and while its happening they run on stage and then start dirty rotten bastards as an opener.

I always thought the Good, Bad and the Ugly was a in-joke between the three. Like Billie is good, Mike is bad and Tre is ugly.

:lol:

i think the current tracklist now is my fav they have ever done, followed by the theme used for BIAB (cant remeber whats its called now)

The whole crowd singing along to Bohemian Rhapsody at Brixton was simply wonderful :wub:, so much fun and the perfect way to get the crowd ready for the show. And I think having the The Good, the Bad and the Ugly music is really funny and enjoy how it leads into 99 Revolutions.

I do miss Do You Remember Rock N Roll Radio from the previous intro songs, because before we even knew Green Day used it my sister and I had a thing about that song and would sing it all the time, so it was really fun singing it with her with great enthusiasm at the beginning of the show :lol:. And I liked doing the YMCA dance too. So for me it'd be perfect if they mostly kept their current songs, but replaced Blitzkrieg Bop with Do You Remember ROck N Roll Radio and stuck YMCA in there somewhere.

This was a good way to learn about previous intros. Thank you all. :)

Same! Learned some interesting little tidbits there. Personally my fav was the 21stCB ere of RnR Radio into SotC, but that's just because I've only ever seen GD during that era and it has good associations. The "stay tuned for more rock n roll" ending was perfect though, wish they'd kept the song in for that reason. That being said, the viral BR video is one of the best videos I've seen in recent times!

My opinion, I hate Queen (well actually I dislike Queen, what I hate is that you can't say you don't like them without people being like :o what do you mean! are you mental) and Bohemian Rhapsody I consider one of the most annoying and overrated songs of all time. Green Day happens to be my all time favourite band, so having one of my least liked songs pre empt my favourite bands makes me feel confused. I was at emirates, I was one of the few standing still and not singing, I wasn't impressed.

Ready for the hate.

A few bands have used 'The Good, The Bad and The Ugly' as their intros, so it was a little underwhelming. 'Do You Remember Rock N' Roll Radio' then 'Song Of The Century' were fantastic, they set the scene for the evening and got everybody excited. I got goosebumps when I saw them both times on that tour. Plus the pyro in '21st Century Breakdown' worked well after that build up.

I would have liked them to have used 'See You Tonight' into 'Fuck Time' or 'Nuclear Family'. Also, 2001: A Space Odyssey theme tune into 'American Idiot' was killer!

BR is truly a great opener, even without singalong (both Russian shows had shittiest crowds full of arrogant teenage girls and they didn't know the song). I still have goosebumps every time I hear this song, for me now it's forever associated with that awesome feeling of GD show. I mean, the song is obviously so huge and epic and it kinda sums up all the waiting and expectations you had before concert (I bought tickets 9 month before the show and it sure was a long wait). I will remember that feeling forever, even if noone around knew the lyrics, all that mattered back there was the feeling that Green Day show is about to begin.

As for Blitzkrieg Bop I had wonderful experience in Berlin last summer with crowd singing along (again in Russia barely anyone knew the song) and it's really good, helps set up the mood. YMCA also was fun but I prefer BR, it's just much more epic.

My opinion, I hate Queen (well actually I dislike Queen, what I hate is that you can't say you don't like them without people being like :o what do you mean! are you mental) and Bohemian Rhapsody I consider one of the most annoying and overrated songs of all time. Green Day happens to be my all time favourite band, so having one of my least liked songs pre empt my favourite bands makes me feel confused. I was at emirates, I was one of the few standing still and not singing, I wasn't impressed.

Ready for the hate.

For a singalong like that I don't think it really matters what the song is, it's the fact that everyone sings it together that makes it enjoyable. I don't think everyone who's said they like it as an intro is a Queen fanatic, it just so happens that Bohemian Rhapsody is one of the few songs that everyone knows and that has lots of different parts so it's a laugh to sing along to. Whether you particularly like the song or not being a good sport and joining in can be fun!

Did you know Billie does the "heeey ohhhh" thing as a bit of a rip off of/tribute to Freddie Mercury, who was famous for doing that? Hehe :D. Each to their own when it comes to liking or disliking bands of course, but Green Day are big Queen fans so it does make sense at a Green Day show.

A few bands have used 'The Good, The Bad and The Ugly' as their intros, so it was a little underwhelming. 'Do You Remember Rock N' Roll Radio' then 'Song Of The Century' were fantastic, they set the scene for the evening and got everybody excited. I got goosebumps when I saw them both times on that tour. Plus the pyro in '21st Century Breakdown' worked well after that build up.

I would have liked them to have used 'See You Tonight' into 'Fuck Time' or 'Nuclear Family'. Also, 2001: A Space Odyssey theme tune into 'American Idiot' was killer!

A few bands have used 2001 A Space Odyssey too, Elvis, Blink-182

Archived