Green Day are re-recording Dookie?

ColinOr

Who gives a FUCK what the purists think? lol I would love to hear Dookie re-recorded. The original would still be around anyway. I just wanna hear how how the band would make it sound now after 20 or so years. :)

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who gives a FUCK what the purists think? lol I would love to hear Dookie re-recorded. The original would still be around anyway. I just wanna hear how how the band would make it sound now after 20 or so years. :)

Exactly the same, except with shite guitar tone and auto-tuned vocals.

maybe. dont release it on itunes or anything. maybe just on their youtube account or bonus tracks on the next album. seems kinda stupid to re-release, re-package, re-distribute an already decently recorded album. really the only difference is billie's tone

Exactly the same, except with shite guitar tone and auto-tuned vocals.

Too bad you'd listen anyway lol

I still have the original + remastered + acoustic + live + B-sides as a wild fantasy in my head.

The live being a combo of the two times they played it all, mainly the first time because racecar.

Why can't I see these videos :(

You have to open them directly on Instagram. For some reason they don't work standalone lol

I love Dookie and will accept whatever they want to relive with it, recording, live performance or otherwise, but I dislike all this because they have 3 brand new fucking great albums that they released less than a year ago and have played very very few of those songs live, and very rarely when they have. It's just such a tragedy to the trilogy that it's Dookie that they're playing live right now, and not Uno, Dos, or Tre.

Listen again to Pulling Teeth it's acoustic! Maybe they're releasing Dookie acoustic!

Wait it is? YES IT IS! :woot:

That I would like to hear re-recorded!!! :runaround:

I love Dookie and will accept whatever they want to relive with it, recording, live performance or otherwise, but I dislike all this because they have 3 brand new fucking great albums that they released less than a year ago and have played very very few of those songs live, and very rarely when they have. It's just such a tragedy to the trilogy that it's Dookie that they're playing live right now, and not Uno, Dos, or Tre.

It does seem odd. Especially considering how different the band's mentality was during the secret shows, where they indeed played half the Trilogy.

"Fuck the past, think about now, think about the future".

Um....where is that Green Day?

I would love to hear one of GD's earlier records re-recorded, just for interest's sake. Kind of the opposite of Dookiefied.

I would love to hear one of GD's earlier records re-recorded, just for interest's sake. Kind of the opposite of Dookiefied.

I've always wanted 1039 rerecorded. Could be amazing. I actually put together a comp a while back of all the recent times they've played those tracks live but it needs updating.

im excited they are showing us stuff like this.. good to see them in a studio

(Sorry if this has been said) this tour seems like it's more for promoting Dookie than the trilogy

I've always wanted 1039 rerecorded. Could be amazing. I actually put together a comp a while back of all the recent times they've played those tracks live but it needs updating.

Yeah! I'd love that one and Kerplunk re-recorded... in acoustic. That's one of my GD related dreams :shy:

(Sorry if this has been said) this tour seems like it's more for promoting Dookie than the trilogy

Agreed. But maybe 'cause the "real" tour hasn't really started yet.

Why, because they played the album in full at a few shows and seem as though they're going to a couple more times?

Why, because they played the album in full at a few shows and seem as though they're going to a couple more times?

At the show I went to, they still played more songs from Dookie than from the Trilogy.

Maybe they're music nerds. :sherlock:

And for that I blame you. Oh sorry wrong thread haha! :P

It was actually only two times.

But now it feels like "promoting" because everybody on GDC is making a big thing out of it.

The rumour about playing Dookie in full was started before they even released the trilogy (right before Reading 2012). I think Billie Joe himself hinted at it. And now, full dookie at Reading will probably become true.

Did Billie use an acoustic guitar to play Pulling Teeth in the tour?

He did in 2009. It sounds amazing :wub:

I just think they were practicing is all. Billie hinted at playing Dookie in full at Reading last year and since they've done it in other places this year it wouldn't be surprising if they did it at Reading and Leeds this year.

would love another live album to be released, maybe of the Emirates show

Archived