Green Day performing at O2 Academy Brixton August 21

InsideOut

YUP. even you managed to get yourself sorted. you got flights, buses & a ticket sorted within the space of an hour. i get why people are annoyed, but seriously? calm it. be happy for those who have the chance to go and just try again next time, like every other person who didn't get a damn ticket.

That hour included sweet-talking my dad into letting me borrow money to pay for the whole fuckin' thing :P

Seriously though, it's shite that you missed it, but it's not the end of the fuckin' world. If it makes you feel better, knowing my luck they'll just play Know Your Enemy for two hours until Billie Joe voms all over the crowd.

Except me. Why am I on idiot nation shit

I got mine at 7pm on Monday, and loads of people got them yesterday. Not sure how you could have missed them.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That hour included sweet-talking my dad into letting me borrow money to pay for the whole fuckin' thing :P

Seriously though, it's shite that you missed it, but it's not the end of the fuckin' world. If it makes you feel better, knowing my luck they'll just play Know Your Enemy for two hours until Billie Joe voms all over the crowd.

and i would love every minute of it. i'd catch the vom in a plastic bag to sell on eBay to Flo.

i'm sorry but people are seriously kicking off because it was last minute? try Shepherds Bush last year, 2 days notice. this is a week. yeah, still pretty last minute for a lot of people but my god calm the hell down. this is what Green Day do, they put on last minute shows, they do surprise/secret gigs. get over it & realise that within the next year, they'll be fuckin back. now stop throwin pissy fits and ruining the buzz for others who got tickets MY GOD.

anyway, i got all the time off work sorted, got travel sorted & i can't fuckin wait. all my clothes i ordered for this, Reading & Leeds showed up this morning too so got new clothes for it, too :happy:

Okay, its one week but what about whole months before for organize and booking stuff?

I tell my parents and they laughing in my face. Most of people here as lucky as shit and managed to go but think at the rest who CANT AFFORD the voyage NOW. Flight now are so expensive but if you book in advance no, they arent. So I dont care what do you think abou what I said now but please... PLEASE.

And also, IN should have AT LEAST let us know maybe a week before. Maybe they didnt change nothing but at least there would have been more time, jesus.

I even get the presale! And Im on idiot nation, what can I say? Will you go there? Ok, have fun bye

I'm especially laughing at all the people from the UK who are complaining about it. You guys have no idea how good you have it, seriously.

Couldn't you just swim across? Maybe stop off at the isle of man for a swift pint?

I got mine at 7pm on Monday, and loads of people got them yesterday. Not sure how you could have missed them.

Im not at home, I dont have friends who buy me the ticket.. the main reason I dont know how many times billie goes to the toilet

Couldn't you just swim across? Maybe stop off at the isle of man for a swift pint?

That's the plan mate :P

It's even funnier about the Brits though, because in order to SAVE MONEY, I'm flying to Cardiff and getting the bus to London. And yet people who live a couple of hours outside London are shitting themselves over having to travel. Madness.

Okay, its one week but what about whole months before for organize and booking stuff?

I tell my parents and they laughing in my face. Most of people here as lucky as shit and managed to go but think at the rest who CANT AFFORD the voyage NOW. Flight now are so expensive but if you book in advance no, they arent. So I dont care what do you think abou what I said now but please... PLEASE.

And also, IN should have AT LEAST let us know maybe a week before. Maybe they didnt change nothing but at least there would have been more time, jesus.

I even get the presale! And Im on idiot nation, what can I say? Will you go there? Ok, have fun bye

my god. seriously, i get why your upset, it sucks that you're in that situation, but bitching and ranting isn't going to change anything. i am not 'lucky as shit' that i got to go. i work my ass off, every hour i can get my hands on to pay for this kind of stuff. so no, it wasn't down to 'luck' that i got the tickets.

all i'm saying it, stop bringing others down who are able to go. it's unfair on them. yeah, it sucks for you, but everyone else is feeling high as a goddamn kite and they don't need that ruined.

That's the plan mate :P

It's even funnier about the Brits though, because in order to SAVE MONEY, I'm flying to Cardiff and getting the bus to London. And yet people who live a couple of hours outside London are shitting themselves over having to travel. Madness.

Enjoy the bus journey. How long is that? 4 maybe 5 hours? :') It's going to be sweaty.

real mature love. i can tell you're a total adult.

ANYWAY. :rolleyes:

i can't wait to meet you GDCers who are going. it'll be awesome to see you, some for the first time, some for the 2nd/3rd! it's gunna be an amazing night. :)

Enjoy the bus journey. How long is that? 4 maybe 5 hours? :') It's going to be sweaty.

he's getting the buss down with me, 3 & a half hours. it's fucking horrid on that damn bus. like a sweat box. :P but, if it gets me there in time to camp out, am no bothered :lol:

my god. seriously, i get why your upset, it sucks that you're in that situation, but bitching and ranting isn't going to change anything. i am not 'lucky as shit' that i got to go. i work my ass off, every hour i can get my hands on to pay for this kind of stuff. so no, it wasn't down to 'luck' that i got the tickets.

all i'm saying it, stop bringing others down who are able to go. it's unfair on them. yeah, it sucks for you, but everyone else is feeling high as a goddamn kite and they don't need that ruined.

AMEN

Ive booked it and its costing me £200 in travel to add this to the tour, Green Day Are Not ASKING people to come, there saying hey heres a show Come if you can make it - if not well be playing again !!! i dont get the stress off ppl - but nobodys bringin me down i cant wait to meet up with everyone again :D itl be alot easier at brixton :D

AMEN

Ive booked it and its costing me £200 in travel to add this to the tour, Green Day Are Not ASKING people to come, there saying hey heres a show Come if you can make it - if not well be playing again !!! i dont get the stress off ppl - but nobodys bringin me down i cant wait to meet up with everyone again :D itl be alot easier at brixton :D

i need to meet you mate! i will hunt you down and get a picture with you. :P luckily, i got it all rather cheap. bus down & back home is costing me £11.50 so i'm lucky there. but for R&L? tickets & fuel are costing me about £300 in total. it's fuckin insane. plus merch money, taking about £100. then food money on top... it's expensive, of course it is, we all know thsi so why get so worked up when you know you'd never be able to afford it anyway, y'know? :lol:

I know Green Day didnt pray anyone, please.

I have some money from last xmas and stuff but i have money from last xmas and stuff.

I have seen a train at 450 euros only one travel. Its fucking insane. I dont bother about this show BUT if it was announced earlier it would be better even for italian stupids like me.

i need to meet you mate! i will hunt you down and get a picture with you. :P luckily, i got it all rather cheap. bus down & back home is costing me £11.50 so i'm lucky there. but for R&L? tickets & fuel are costing me about £300 in total. it's fuckin insane. plus merch money, taking about £100. then food money on top... it's expensive, of course it is, we all know thsi so why get so worked up when you know you'd never be able to afford it anyway, y'know? :lol:

Its these things that will make Great Memories forever Too !!!

hell yeah i want pics with everyone :D what time u be there ?

Its these things that will make Great Memories forever Too !!!

hell yeah i want pics with everyone :D what time u be there ?

10:30pm, ready to camp out :D you camping out too? :)

Are there still tickets going on the Idiot Nation? :ermm:

if you would like to go, your best bet is to check the tour thread for this show, people have tickets going there! or scout around on eBay/GetMeIn. :)

They make small shows last minute deliberately so that there aren't so many people who are able to go. If they announced a small show weeks in advance it would be a NIGHTMARE for anyone to get a ticket because there'd be so many people trying. Can you imagine if they left enough time so that anyone from the UK or around the world could go, when there's only 5000 tickets? There's a reason why small shows are done this way.

They're doing this show with people who live here who happen to be able to make it in mind, not with everyone from around the world in mind. The vast, vast, vast majority of people who live hundreds of miles away in other countries can't go, only a tiny handful of people are doing that.

10:30pm, ready to camp out :D you camping out too? :)

Nah i wont get tehre till about 2pm ive gotta get the train the morning of the show but as soon as u see me Shout me and ill come over n say hey :D

They make small shows last minute deliberately so that there aren't so many people who are able to go. If they announced a small show weeks in advance it would be a NIGHTMARE for anyone to get a ticket because there'd be so many people trying. Can you imagine if they left enough time so that anyone from the UK or around the world could go, when there's only 5000 tickets? There's a reason why small shows are done this way.

They're doing this show with people who live here who happen to be able to make it in mind, not with everyone from round the world in mind. The vast, vast, vast majority of people who live hundreds of miles away other countries can't go, only a tiny handful of people are doing that.

plus, they have done similar stuff in other countries, too. it's not just England that gets this. other places have to, to my knowledge. the demand for these kinds of shows is here, majorly, where-as it may not be as prominent in other countries. thats why they come here and do these shows.

Nah i wont get tehre till about 2pm ive gotta get the train the morning of the show but as soon as u see me Shout me and ill come over n say hey :D

i recognised you when you got to Emirates, was too scared to say anything though. this time i'll just chase you down mate :P

plus, they have done similar stuff in other countries, too. it's not just England that gets this. other places have to, to my knowledge. the demand for these kinds of shows is here, majorly, where-as it may not be as prominent in other countries. thats why they come here and do these shows.

i recognised you when you got to Emirates, was too scared to say anything though. this time i'll just chase you down mate :P

LOL you dont need to be scared :D make sure u say hey tho :)

who u gonna be with ?? anyone ?

i'm camping with Ceadog, Letterbomb92 & her friend and probably Dirty Rotten Bastard, too! :) plus others who are turning up early in the morning. we'll be curled up in a small ball at the front of the queue regretting every decision we made that led to us camping out.. again :P

I'm leaving this topic to "only the few lucky people"

was that really necessary? :shy: no one said you had to leave, just stop throwing a piddly fit over things that in reality, aren't that big a deal. they'll go to Italy on their next tour, you can see them then.

Archived