Worst choice of lead single

ColinOr

189 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I actually do because my mum was obsessed with the radio stations that played GD.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again, but your mum is fucking mental.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But it's one of Green Day's most succesful songs. So I don't see why you chose it. This isn't a favorite single poll

But it's one of Green Day's most succesful songs. So I don't see why you chose it. This isn't a favorite single poll

For me there were better songs on dookie for me

Coz you remember all the songs on the radio from when you were 6 :P

Idk...seems like I'm the only one on the forum who doesn't remember the songs I heard when I was that young.

I chose Oh Love for the sole purpose of its bad chart performance because THAT IS HOW YOU TELL A BAD SINGLE FROM A BAD SONG not whether you like it or not because a random person listening to a single on the radio does not care whether or not you like it. Some people are so self absorbed.

It's Oh Love. Not because it's a bad song. But Nuclear Family or Stay the Night are more deserving from that album, but Stray Heart and X-Kid are also better IMO. Still though, I think Oh Love is a great song. Just not as a lead single for a 37-song compilation.

Gotta say though, I don't understand the hating on Know Your Enemy. It's one of the most popular Green Day songs of all time, and one of the single-most played in a public setting, or on TV or in movies. 21 Guns is my favorite song off the album, maybe more deserving of lead single than Know Your Enemy, but when this was talked over, KYE was going to have a more consistently solid approval rating than 21 Guns would. For most people, Green Day fans or not, you love 21 Guns or you hate it. I don't know of many people who do NOT like Know Your Enemy.

Oh Love, definately. It's great, but not as a lead single. Not so great song to represent Uno, I don't even talking about whole trilogy.

Geek Stink Breath. Great but not as great/powerful to be lead. No wonder that Insomniac was underrated back then. Actually, all the Insomniac singles choices were pretty weak.

I don't get why someone chose Longview as worst lead single choice. WTF?!! There's no better song on Dookie. Even Basket Case wasn't as great as Longview.

It's Oh Love. Not because it's a bad song. But Nuclear Family or Stay the Night are more deserving from that album, but Stray Heart and X-Kid are also better IMO. Still though, I think Oh Love is a great song. Just not as a lead single for a 37-song compilation.

Gotta say though, I don't understand the hating on Know Your Enemy. It's one of the most popular Green Day songs of all time, and one of the single-most played in a public setting, or on TV or in movies. 21 Guns is my favorite song off the album, maybe more deserving of lead single than Know Your Enemy, but when this was talked over, KYE was going to have a more consistently solid approval rating than 21 Guns would. For most people, Green Day fans or not, you love 21 Guns or you hate it. I don't know of many people who do NOT like Know Your Enemy.

Why would Stray Heart or X Kid be the lead off single for Uno?

I'm just saying either of those songs could have been flipped with another song off Uno so that it could be the lead single for the trilogy. Now that it's nearly been a year, I tend to look at Uno/Dos/Tre as one big album, not three separate albums.

i think they meant from the entire trilogy, not from uno.

I picked Oh Love, second would be Minority.

I love all the songs but Oh Love doesn't have enough power to be a lead single and Minority is just... well, kinda tiresome.

Great idea for a thread ! I'm going to explain what i think

-Longview for Dookie, i would have maybe chosen a song like Chump or FOD as single because it reflects more musically the sound of the record meanwhile Longview has that silent bass with that drum part.

-Geek Stink Breath for Insomniac, seriously all the songs from that record should have been singles. All the songs reflects the album.

- Hitchin A Ride for Nimrod, maybe a song like Redundant or Reject could have been better singles. Even Platypus.

-Minority for Warning, i would have chosen Deadbeat Holiday. Imo, it's one of the best songs of Warning.

- American Idiot, is a very good choice.

-Know your enemy for 21st Century Breakdown, they should have chosen another song.

-Oh Love, is a very bad decision. They should have chosen a song like Stay the Night or Troublemaker.

KYE without any doubt. The song itself is catchy, and I understand why they chose it. But leading singles are not supposed to become overplayed that easily. And although Longview is pretty annoying, I found myself so much more annoyed when they played KYE at both of my shows. There are so many other songs on 21stCB that would've been a better single. Those songs where we know Green Day put themselves "out there." Gloria, East Jesus Nowhere, American Eulogy; KYE is a very weak song compared to those.

I don't know. Oh Love was a pretty bad choice as well... but If I go down that road I'll end up talking about the trilogy for an hour... Unlike 21stCB, Uno had very few strong songs on it. Stay the Night, Maybe Nuclear Family.

Green Day is just getting worse and worse at picking singles in my opinion. I think Geek Stink Breath accurately showed Insomniac, and Minority was a great lead on Warning. American Idiot was meh... and then KYE and Oh Love which pretty bad ideas.

I'm just saying either of those songs could have been flipped with another song off Uno so that it could be the lead single for the trilogy. Now that it's nearly been a year, I tend to look at Uno/Dos/Tre as one big album, not three separate albums.

They are seperate albums tho...

I like all those songs, but, since we must choose only one, I vote for Oh Love. The song is good, but it doesn't represent the trilogy. It is like it came out of nowhere and it isn't a catchy song. It didn't do well on charts. Even Kill The Dj did better than Oh Love on radio's charts last fall in Montreal. Oh Love is also considered too long as a single to be play in its integrality by radio stations.

Archived