Worst choice of lead single

ColinOr

189 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What lead single do you think was the worst choice?

To me all the lead sigles were great choices except for Oh Love on the ¡Trilogy! which to me is not only the worst song of the whole trilogy, but one of their worst songs ever. I like the song, but it's so weak compare to ANYTHING else they could have released instead. Imagine if Stay The Night was the lead single, it would've been perfect. Even Kill The DJ was a better lead single, but they didn't promote the ass off it like they did with Oh Love.

P.S.

I put ¡Trilogy! instead of doing ¡Uno!, ¡Dos!, ¡Tré! seperately as ¡Dos! and ¡Tré! they didn't really have lead singles, the chronology was confusing as The Forgotton was released on Twilight soundtrack before the ¡Dos! single Stray Heart was even released and when ¡Tré! finally did come out, it had no lead single. I hope you understand why I chose Oh Love as the lead single for the whole trilogy.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gotta be Oh Love, it's a great song but they really should have released Nuclear Family or Stay the Night instead.

Oh Love. It didn't really show off the album well and it's not one of their strongest songs.

Probably Oh Love. KYE is one of the weakest songs on 21CB but it had some mass appeal.

KYE. I remember hearing it for the first time. After waiting 5 years waiting for the follow up to AI, it was a serious disappointment =/ It's a great song to get the crowd pumped up at a gig, but as a single it just doesn't do it for me and doesn't do justice to Green Day or 21st Century Breakdown.

Know Your Enemy for sure

followed by Oh Love, which is not a bad song at all, but UNO has many wonderful tracks that they could get picked instead.

know your enemy. definitely. 21st century breakdown has a lot of good songs like peacemaker and murder city, and kye isn't that great. just angry.

None of the ones you mentioned. Last of the American Girls is the worst choice of single they've ever put out, because, even though it wasn't the lead, it represented an otherwise fantastic album horribly. While I'm no great fan of Oh Love, it wasn't such a big misrepresentation of the trilogy, although there are far better songs across the three albums, if that makes sense.

oh love, at least know your enemy was fun and made you want to head bang, oh love was boarding

Oh Love isn't so bad but I would have prefered Nuclear Family, Let Yourself Go or Carpe Diem!
Yeah, Know Your Enemy isn't so

KYE. I remember hearing it for the first time. After waiting 5 years waiting for the follow up to AI, it was a serious disappointment =/ It's a great song to get the crowd pumped up at a gig, but as a single it just doesn't do it for me and doesn't do justice to Green Day or 21st Century Breakdown.

Yep. When you hear it live is so catchy! but the cd version is a bit boring.

Oh Love isn't so bad but I would have prefered Nuclear Family, Let Yourself Go or Carpe Diem!

Yeah, Know Your Enemy isn't so

Yep. When you hear it live is so catchy! but the cd version is a bit boring.

This!! Live is a good track, but the studio version is meh...

As much as I love it, I gotta say Oh Love

Minority. I chose that because I wouldn't be excited for hearing the album after hearing this first.

To me, Know Your Enemy..

Semi-Catchy song, but not really anything special. Most of the time I see it used in high school football games.

Didn't really feel it.

2nd in Line is probably Oh Love.

Gotta say Geek Stink Breath, just seems like a song that shouldn't have been a single in the first place, even though it's good.

I don't like Know Your Enemy that much, but I don't know what should've replaced it. It needs to be a light song, so definitely not 21 Guns, but maybe 21st Century Breakdown, but even that is kind of heavy, topically, so maybe it was the best choice as a first single.

i'd say know your enemy because it doesn't represent the album at all.
but beside minority and american idiot, i wouldn't have chosed any of them as lead singles.

I think people would like Oh Love a lot more if it wasn't the first single and instead the second or third. A lot of pressure and hate goes on first singles.

I'll go with Hitchin' A Ride, i love the song, but i don't think it was the best one from Nimrod or the best one for lead single.

I really wanted to say "Know Your Enemy," but looking back, it was a pretty decent choice. I feel like "Oh Love" would have been an okay single, but had they lead with "Let Yourself Go," I think at least !UNO! would have fared much better.

Archived