Joe Van Winkle

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

American idiot: 2004
21st century breakdown: 2009
UNODOSTRE: 2012
Next Album: 2015-2016...

More vocals from Mike and Tre. They should both have at least one whole song, and a few lines in others. Tre hasn't gotten to sing lead since Homecoming, and hasn't had a whole song since....Dookie? Mike got to sing one line on Tre' (album), but hasn't had a whole song at all other than the B-side, Governator. Them singing would gel nicely with it being a continuation of American Idiot.

Here's a thought. Even I think's stupid, but it just popped in my head. We are living in the times of Reboots. Every movie that comes out is a reboot. What if Green Day decided they would be the first music group to "reboot" one of their own albums, and made American Idiot Redux: It could retell the story of Jesus, Jimmy and Whatshername - and continue with the main characters current struggles in his middle-age. a half reboot / half sequel, with a musical and everything. ???????????

American idiot: 2004

21st century breakdown: 2009

UNODOSTRE: 2012

Next Album: 2015-2016...

Was there any logic used here or just a guess? Because there's nothing in common between 2004, 2009, and 2012

I don't think we will even hear about a new album until 2016.

But it's good to wait, makes things more exciting when they finally happen!

If I had to guess I would say a very deep album but either way it would be awesome. . He has such a pure voice and can play his guitar like none other! I can't wait to see what happens and if they do put out another♥♥♥

Lmfao. Wtf?? He did not shrink.

Not shorter just not as big. The speed intake had more to do with it anyway. His voice just gradually evolved really, stature might have little to do with it.

Something I've noticed (and it's probably just be me being obsessive or a coincidence) is that there's a side project before each concept album, The Network was a year before AI, and Foxboro was a year before 21CBD. So we could maybe watch out for another side project as a sign of something new?

Something I've noticed (and it's probably just be me being obsessive or a coincidence) is that there's a side project before each concept album, The Network was a year before AI, and Foxboro was a year before 21CBD. So we could maybe watch out for another side project as a sign of something new?

I feel like the small side projects may have died when Billie went to rehab - at least from what i've seen the small projects tend to have shows that involve a large amount of alcohol

I feel like the small side projects may have died when Billie went to rehab - at least from what i've seen the small projects tend to have shows that involve a large amount of alcohol

Well yeah, twitch (Billie) was always drinking on stage. So there's most likely no return of Foxboro. But there's still (hopefully) the possibility of a different side project?

Well yeah, twitch (Billie) was always drinking on stage. So there's most likely no return of Foxboro. But there's still (hopefully) the possibility of a different side project?

I'd love to see another one, but I don't see it happening...hope I'm wrong

That's the most horrific thing I've heard on this site yet, and sometimes I parouse the unpopular opinions thread. Who seriously wants Green Day to stop. Sometimes I seriously lose hope in GD's fans... :ermm:

He's not wrong. The guys are in their mid 40's. All good things must end sometime, and I have a feeling that the end is not too far away. :cry:

Could "Fuck Time" and "Stray Heart" being changed to Green Day songs be related to this or do you think they just happened to like the songs?

He's not wrong. The guys are in their mid 40's. All good things must end sometime, and I have a feeling that the end is not too far away. :cry:

i hope you're totally wrong. i know they're getting old but they are better than they've never been right now and with the new Billie i think it's gonna last a a least another 10 years. well i hope :(

since when was 41 mid-40s?

Could "Fuck Time" and "Stray Heart" being changed to Green Day songs be related to this or do you think they just happened to like the songs?

I think they were just changed because they liked the songs. They already had the track lists finalized before the iHeart incident and Billie stopped drinking.

since when was 41 mid-40s?

Lmao apparently math is not some people's strongest point lol

Lmao apparently math is not some people's strongest point lol

indeed. apparently the numeric system has changed since i was at school.

Billie Joe said in Rolling Stone that he wants to still be in Green Day until his 60's/70's, and the band all agrees on that. They get along so there's really no reason to break up. It's their passion so they will never stop.

Billie Joe said in Rolling Stone that he wants to still be in Green Day until his 60's/70's, and the band all agrees on that. They get along so there's really no reason to break up. It's their passion so they will never stop.

True that! Even after all this time, it's so awesome to see that they still love what they do. You can see the pure joy on their faces when they play live. When I read that article in Rolling Stone it ended any worries that I ever had about them calling it a day. They love it too much to stop!

i hope you're totally wrong. i know they're getting old but they are better than they've never been right now and with the new Billie i think it's gonna last a a least another 10 years. well i hope :(

I hope i'm wrong to, that's just how I see it. I've gotten a lot of angry replies so I guess a lot of people agree with you. haha.

Let's pray that they'll be like The Rolling Stones and forever exist eternally :toocool:

If the next Green Day album is a Live one, What would be your setlist? Here's mine:

99 Revolutions

Know Your Enemy

Stay The Night

SWTRLF

Letterbomb

Holiday

Fuck Time

Stray Heart

Oh Love

Waiting

Missing You

Sassafrass Roots

Knowledge

Only of You

She

Minority

X-Kid

Brutal Love

If the next Green Day album is a Live one, What would be your setlist? Here's mine:

99 Revolutions

Know Your Enemy

Stay The Night

SWTRLF

Letterbomb

Holiday

Fuck Time

Stray Heart

Oh Love

Waiting

Missing You

Sassafrass Roots

Knowledge

Only of You

She

Minority

X-Kid

Brutal Love

There's a thread for that. You should post it there. That's a good setlist!

I was very disappointed that the whole Rodeo Queens with Jesse Malin never amounted to more than one song ("Depression Times"). I loved that song, even just hearing crappy youtube versions of it. It was amazing. With the side project bands, I'm not sure if they are all one-offs, or could potentially continue. I would enjoy hearing more from The Network for sure. It's been 10 years (!!!!!!) since their first album. But back to the subject. It would be great to have a side project of any kind, followed shortly after by a full-fledged Green Day epic in the form of a concept album. And as for time frame, I would say we start hearing the rumors and buzz picking up by the end of 2015 about what the next album will be, and by late 2016 the album (or albums) will be released. I would like SOONER, but as a lot of people have said, they just released 37 brand new songs, on three new albums. Of course those three albums didn't really perform well, and aren't getting much love on the stage, so maybe Green Day will move ahead and start work on the new album sooner than they usually do. It stinks, but the trilogy just didn't get recognition it deserved - and by now, let's face it. It's over with. Maybe they do need to come back with something completely different to combat the rough times they've faced recently. But we just have to wait and see.

Archived