2014 is the 10th anniversary of AI and 20th anniversary of Dookie

Scott34

I seem to remember both Billie and Mike, in separate interviews, mentioning something about doing Dookie celebrations next year. I think Billie mentioned something in the BBC Radio 1 interview last year and Mike said something about special shows for Dookie next year in an interview he did earlier this year (January I think?).

I'd love to have a special tour for Dookie and American Idiot, finally a release for Heart like a Hand Grenade, a live CD/DVD for the 99 Revolutions tour, and end the year with a new album as big as Dookie and AI (which is possible because Billie did talk about new music during the rehab interview). That would be epic. But at the same time I don't want them to take on too much!

Well, don't forget they have to do something this year :lol: I see the release of Heart Like a Hand Grenade pretty possible. And maybe a new big album would be cool, but as big as AI/Dookie would be too much wishful thinking. If they DID get a big success again next year I'd kinda die of laughter because it'd already be a tradition to release a mega hit each 10 years! :P

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

, and end the year with a new album as big as Dookie and AI (which is possible because Billie did talk about new music during the rehab interview).

No he didn't he said he had only been doing fragments and he didn't want to rush into doing an album cause of pressures they'd have to rush the sessions if they were to have a new album by 2014

there could be many things we could think about they might do maybe for AI they'll release the HLaHG and maybe the AI movie will be released that month or something actually we still havent heard any news about it and for Dookie like a Deluxe Anniversary Dookie remasterd CD/Document/Live performance and a couple cool stuff now that would be nice

I think Dookie could be remastered and there are two possibilities to considered as bonus content:

* Include B-Sides like On the Wagon, Tired of Waiting for you, 409 in your Coffemaker and some demos. Maybe some unreleased songs.

* Include live songs from that era, maybe a re-release of Live Tracks EP on the same disc.

And of course there is the documentary told by the boys for pre-dookie era.

On American Idiot I think they could include all the B-Sides from that era (Favorite Son, Too Much Too Soon, Shoplifter, Governator) plus the studio version of Cigarettes and Valentines or Just Live Tracks from AI Singles. Also there is a chance for Like a hand grenade documentary or maybe a remastered DVD/CD for GD's Gig in Tokyo 2005 (That was a bonus content in Japan around that year)

I realy hope they tour England. I didn't get to see the American Idiot tour which I was devistated about! I have seen them 5 times since but it would be amazing to be able to see it! I do feel old with how time has flew by though! But I'm happy Green Day are still doing what they do best and keeping strong! :)

10 years for American Idiot? Wow...it doesn't even feel that long.

for dookie's 10th year celebration, they released american idiot.The only thing that would make sense is they release epic stuff again to mark 10 years of AI.I hope so.

for dookie's 10th year celebration, they released american idiot.The only thing that would make sense is they release epic stuff again to mark 10 years of AI.I hope so.

I don't think that was their intention with AI :lol: It was most certainly just a coincidence since they had an album meant to be released on 2003.

Why we don't do a big fan video , including Dookie and AI and some things like thant to thanks the band for all what they did for us , it would be amazing ..

I don't think that was their intention with AI :lol: It was most certainly just a coincidence since they had an album meant to be released on 2003.

I know lol. Iwas just saying they could repeat the magic again

I know lol. Iwas just saying they could repeat the magic again

if they did that I'd die of laughter :lol: would be like 'ok these guys have an official pattern, let's expect another success by 2024'

10 years for American Idiot? Wow...it doesn't even feel that long.

I feel old.... time passes by like lightning

2014 is gonna be another great year! :D I can feel it!

If anything, I'd like for them do a tour to commemorate the anniversaries for the two albums. Pretty nostalgic setlist, no? ;D

personally I imagine a lot of C&V Material has been used or used as inspiration since then. But a studio version of Cigarettes and Valentines (song) would be nice. I see HLAHG being a strong possibility and I would love to see another Studio album with all new material but I can't see that until 2015 at the earliest. Maybe a live album ( they would name it Cinco obviously) with random songs from the 99 revs tour similar to Awesome as FxxK. Defiantly something is going to happen excited to see what for sure.

personally I imagine a lot of C&V Material has been used or used as inspiration since then. But a studio version of Cigarettes and Valentines (song) would be nice. I see HLAHG being a strong possibility and I would love to see another Studio album with all new material but I can't see that until 2015 at the earliest. Maybe a live album ( they would name it Cinco obviously) with random songs from the 99 revs tour similar to Awesome as FxxK. Defiantly something is going to happen excited to see what for sure.

I would love a studio version of C+V, but I am terribly afraid that it will end up like Carpe Diem. It sounded amazing live, then on Uno it sounded watered-down and suicidally over-produced.

I would love a studio version of C+V, but I am terribly afraid that it will end up like Carpe Diem. It sounded amazing live, then on Uno it sounded watered-down and suicidally over-produced.

I actually completely agree with that. I was so excited for Carpe Diem but it was disappointing to say the least on Uno.

LMFAO how is ANYTHING on the trilogy over produced?

your joking I hope

I'm pretty sure this has been talked about many times on GDC, but I think the guitars (and many other aspects) shouldn't have sounded as crisp and clean as they did. Even Dos, the garage album, paled in comparison to the sound it should have had - something closer to Insomniac.

I'm betting on a few secret shows where they play dookie and AI front to back and probably some unreleased demos from both eras. Maybe a documentary or something.

your joking I hope

In comparison to say 21st the trilogy has no production at all...

I'm pretty sure this has been talked about many times on GDC, but I think the guitars (and many other aspects) shouldn't have sounded as crisp and clean as they did. Even Dos, the garage album, paled in comparison to the sound it should have had - something closer to Insomniac.

The guitars sound that way because the band used different amps and settings.

Production has nothing to do with the actual guitars being clean dirty that is up to the band themselves and the amps recording/production just records what being played...

Music wise it's not that much of a produced album

Vocally maybe but the trilogy isn't "over produced"

In comparison to say 21st the trilogy has no production at all...

The guitars sound that way because the band used different amps and settings.

Production has nothing to do with the actual guitars being clean dirty that is up to the band themselves and the amps recording/production just records what being played...

Music wise it's not that much of a produced album

Vocally maybe but the trilogy isn't "over produced"

this man knows what he's talking about

Most likely there would be an official release of both Heart like a Handgrenade as well as the Dookie documentary and maybe an International Superhits #2 .

2014 is gonna be another great year! :D I can feel it!

If anything, I'd like for them do a tour to commemorate the anniversaries for the two albums. Pretty nostalgic setlist, no? ;D

I would love this! But unfortunately they would still be world touring the trilogy..

oh and also I would love them to finally play a show where they play through Dookie! Best concert ever!! Or even American Idiot and invite the broadway cast to be backup dancers for the show! ( that would be sickk)

Archived