• Last Reply
Just now, Billie Joe Armstrong said:

That photo deserves to be posted again and again :wub:

I know but we’ve been reprimanded and that freaks me out :ninja:

6 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Respecting authority isn't one of my strengths I'm afraid :ga:

20 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

@NickTheToaster just an FYI so we don’t get in trouble with the mods again, when you quote something with a photo or video in it, you’re supposed to remove it so it doesn’t get posted over and over. 🙂

Okay, thanks for the heads up.

4 minutes ago, Billie Joe Armstrong said:

Respecting authority isn't one of my strengths I'm afraid :ga:

I probably have an unhealthy respect for authority because I hate confrontation 😊

15 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I was a bit ~ too when I saw that :P but retrospectively I understand what was pointed out as a bit too free-style in the thread, considering the reminder of what it is supposed to be - though I've personally enjoyed it the way it has been until now, and I bet mostly everyone, otherwise we wouldn't have posted that way. :lol:

I absolutely love this show::wub::wub::wub:

Billie in that leather jacket, omg.:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub: How is it possible for somebody to be that freakin' sexy.:wub::wub::wub:

I know I always complain that he doesn't wear colours often enough, but he looks so damn good in all black too.:wub::wub::wub: It's just so difficult to choose what he looks better in.:wub: He looks amazing in everything, tbh.:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

^ Every time I watch that performance I get stuck replaying the "boop" at 28:36 over and over :lol:

His little smile afterward is adorable

4 minutes ago, Starlight said:

^ Every time I watch that performance I get stuck replaying the "boop" at 28:36 over and over :lol:

I love that part.:lol::wub: And his little smile afterwards.:wub::wub::wub:

Ha ha, that show reminds me of one year ago when I was binge watching 2016 concerts one after the other on Youtube, like "OMG! OMG! That was just yesterday! ":runaround::lol: (That 2016 iHeart show was actually uploaded on Youtube just after the performance, by another user, and it was deleted before the Green Day Official live upload. Oh well :P)

Anyways, fangirl confession time.

I remember like yesterday when @G-L-O-R-I-A said we had 700 pages of fangirling behind us, and hopefully we had still at least 700 pages ahead of us. We're already 44 pages later now. ;)

So just now I asked myself what do I like so much about hanging on here? Above all, the fact my fangirling is completely normal here. And that this thread is made of people, you guys, who share that with me. I feel like the most awkward person in general, even on GDC, but being a fangirl is the most natural thing ever, no explanations needed, we just get into it through every of us' posts and we just want to go on. :wub: 

I have some sort of feeling, maybe this thread is going through a *midlife identity crisis*. Without saying this in a too serious way (and neither in a negative way, at all), the thing is this thread received more than one post from a mod telling us we have been tending to get out of control. I came in here pretty much at the same time, I feel concerned (I have a knack for fucking everything up... :lol:) especially since I'm realizing how much this thread means to me; an exclusive place where we can all be the fangirls we are. This thread is simply the most valuable of all. What's more pure than fangirling over Green Day and Billie? And you guys remember I've read all of it (of what was already there) before coming? I can assure you it was pure delight. There's absolutely nothing more pure than fangirling over Green Day and Billie. Oh, and fuck it, just Billie. :wub:

As I was thinking to all this, I came back to page #1 of this thread, and I have to say, I completely forgot it looked like that. There was more the "confession" aspect than the simple "fangirl" one, like, "as a fangirl, here is the place you can confess for all the fangirl stuff you do and you feel ashamed of in real life. You can say all of it right here". I'm not quoting literally, but if you give a look, it sounded just like that. And as ingenuous as it may seem, it corresponds to reality. Starting with mine. Curiously I've never made my confessions about how infamous my fangirling looks like every day :P; here are a few examples:

1. every person I speak with more than 15 minutes during one day will hear of Billie and look at me like I'm suddenly a crazy 12 years old. I don't know what I look or sound like but every people's first reaction would be just about my reaction when I'm dealing with someone really deficient.

2. I think of Billie many times a day no matter the place or time and I can't help but having a stupid smile or even saying stuff like "he's so cute, I can't handle it" (in French :D) even without listening to anything or watching any picture. Even with people around. The thought pops in my head and I'm off for a minute. That doesn't help me look less awkward. Another problem, when I'm at work: everybody knows I'm crazy and plays with it, but when it's just serious concentrating moment and I feel like laughing out of control because of a Billie-related thought... hard... 

3. I'm relocating in an apartment of my own, leaving my parents, and instead of getting done with electricity, wi-fi, stuff remaining to buy etc., I've started hanging my numerous pictures of Billie (in color) on the walls. Because that's the most urgent, and the rest can wait! :ga:

20 hours ago, NickTheToaster said:

And the cutest Billie Joe is from the 21CB tour. There's just something about the hair that gets me. :wub:

That is one of my favorite looks.

10 hours ago, Montclare said:

Count me in as another black haired fan.  I particularly didn't like the extremely short hair he had during part of 21CB.

I like the black hair too but I think he is so beautiful in this video. The hair, the skin, his eyes. EVERYTHING!

Remember this press conference?

Check this out (it's from 2009, I think):

40b81f-1509189118.jpg

Billie looks very alike when you look at his clothes and hairstyle. And eternally beautiful, of course :wub:

7 minutes ago, heathenchemist said:

Remember this press conference?

I'll never forget it. Prednisone :wub:

He is so gorgeous in the iheart video, I think I just realised how much I like him with a shirt collar, the all black is great yes but white would be nice occasionally, or yellow a la the Rev :wub: but he has to have the sleeves rolled up and at least a couple of buttons undone.....

I like the KROQ Red Bull sound space gig they did in October last year. I can watch that performance of Still Breathing over and over. Billie looks so damn good during that gig  :wub:

13 hours ago, Kuromignonne said:

So just now I asked myself what do I like so much about hanging on here? Above all, the fact my fangirling is completely normal here. And that this thread is made of people, you guys, who share that with me. I feel like the most awkward person in general, even on GDC, but being a fangirl is the most natural thing ever, no explanations needed, we just get into it through every of us' posts and we just want to go on. :wub: 

I'm realizing how much this thread means to me; an exclusive place where we can all be the fangirls we are. This thread is simply the most valuable of all.

I completely agree with this. I spend almost every minute of my spare time in this thread and it means so much to me.:wub::wub::wub:

I sometimes feel uncomfortable when I'm fangirling in public because there are always people that will say "you only like GD because of the way they look" and "you're a fake fan" and bullshit like that, and they use the term 'fangirl' in a derogatory way.:dry: As a result of this, I usually try and tone down my fangirling in order to avoid that negativity. I think that's where my total overuse of the wub face comes from:lol: - because I feel like I have to contain my fangirling until I get to this thread and then I can just let go. I just feel so comfortable here - everybody shares similar feelings towards our wonderful boys and there is none of that negativity. It's just like one big happy family.:wub: I know I can say whatever I'm feeling about GD and I won't get judged or absolutely ripped to shreds for it.:happy: I love you guys.:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

This thread is like my fucking second home.:lol: I spend way too much time here, but IDGAF because I'm proud to say that I love this band so fucking much.:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

2 hours ago, jengd said:

He is so gorgeous in the iheart video, I think I just realised how much I like him with a shirt collar, the all black is great yes but white would be nice occasionally, or yellow a la the Rev :wub: but he has to have the sleeves rolled up and at least a couple of buttons undone.....

Totally agree with him wearing white. He looks soooooooo good in it:wub::wub::wub:, but he rarely ever wears it.:cry:

I love this thread too, feel I can just let go and revel in the slight silliness I feel about feeling the way I do about this  band, I wouldn’t have anyone else to squeal with otherwise!

4 hours ago, heathenchemist said:

Billie looks very alike when you look at his clothes and hairstyle. And eternally beautiful, of course :wub:

I think he looks even better now than in 2009. I mean, he has always looked great, but the current Billie is my absolute favorite. He's never looked healthier and happier:wub:

5 minutes ago, Thatsername said:

I think he looks even better now than in 2009. I mean, he has always looked great, but the current Billie is my absolute favorite. He's never looked healthier and happier:wub:

THAT's a name change! :runaround:

Is it weird that I want to touch Billie just to see what he feels like?:lol: I wanna feel how fluffy his hair is, how soft his skin is, how chubby his cheeks are.:wub: And I do mean the cheeks on his face, not the other cheeks.:lol:

Spoiler

Although I wouldn't mind touching his other cheeks...:ninja::lol:

Not to spam or anything, but...

tumblr_oyjiv7f0Jh1w6ad87o1_400.jpg

8 minutes ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

Is it weird that I want to touch Billie just to see what he feels like?:lol: I wanna feel how fluffy his hair is, how soft his skin is, how chubby his cheeks are.:wub: And I do mean the cheeks on his face, not the other cheeks.:lol:

Reveal hidden contents

:lol: I'm sure many of us can relate. 

1 hour ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

Reveal hidden contents

No, not weird, I would love to smell him too :ninja::ninja:

1 hour ago, Billie Joe Armstrong said:

THAT's a name change! :runaround:

I just figured that, after thinking about it for 13 years, he can finally recall the name:happyhands:

1 hour ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

Reveal hidden contents

It's funny to think of it that way :lol:. I've felt that his hair is thick and soft, thighs are rock hard, calves are hairy, and um other cheeks are squeezable :ninja:. Definitely fun things to find out :D 

• BeachBum locked this topic

Archived