The Green Day Fangirls' Confessions Thread

musso_kn

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, reneetaleena said:

I absolutely melted at this gif, does anyone know what show this is from?

source: http://greendayisnotpunk.tumblr.com

tumblr_n4jffvoSsI1r82kj2o1_250.gif

Yes! This is from Southwave Sydney Feb 2014. The full concert is on YouTube I just saw it the other day. So good! This is what I'm talking about with the hair I want to see it this long again. Great performance too. And shallow comment here while on the subject of clothes -- I love when he wears t-shirts because his tats are so cool. 

I would DIE to hear Last Night on Earth live!!!

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I would DIE to hear Last Night on Earth live!!!

Hearing LNOE was the most loveliest surprise ever, because I was listening to that song on repeat and watching live performances of it days before the show, and lo and behold he freaking plays it! 

*And thanks for answering my question, I'm gonna go watch that now. :)

3 minutes ago, reneetaleena said:

Hearing LNOE was the most loveliest surprise ever, because I was listening to that song on repeat and watching live performances of it days before the show, and lo and behold he freaking plays it! 

*And thanks for answering my question, I'm gonna go watch that now. :)

Enjoy with caution--he's so freaking adorable it could hurt. :wub:

18 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

"Billie looks like Charlie Chaplin except for that moment when he stands there with his arms outstretched. You know who he looks like when he does that? Napoleon." - my mom.

Napoleon was a dictator. Charlie Chaplin did filmed a movie called The Dictator (great movie btw). And Billie Joe acts like a dictator with his bodyguards during concerts + he was Charlie Chaplin in one episode of Drunk History. So, we can all agree Billie is a dictator, but in a good way. 

18 hours ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

I love how he does all the hand signals to command the crowd between 0:57 and 1:32 and then he just points and everyone cheers and he starts laughing. :wub:

The hand signals with the crowd made me remember that Bugs Bunny did the same joke with a opera singer in one episode like 30 years ago. XD *Thanks Billie! Now I want to watch Bugs Bunny again!* Anyway, I love Billie's laugh. It's so cute.

With all the gifs posted recently in the topic, I think I will watch them all day. I love them!

4 minutes ago, IcyMoffatt said:

The hand signals with the crowd made me remember that Bugs Bunny did the same joke with a opera singer in one episode like 30 years ago. XD *Thanks Billie! Now I want to watch Bugs Bunny again!* 

He has actually admitted he stole that from Bugs Bunny. There's an interview with him and Michael Mayer about AI on broadway where he says that's where it came from and demonstrates with the live audience at the panel. Funny. 

Thank you for answering. I remember to have watched the interview, but I totally forgot about this part! (I have ADD.) I might need to rewatch it again.

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Enjoy with caution--he's so freaking adorable it could hurt. :wub:

I really wish it was filmed professionally, if there was a way to block out those annoying aussies in the background, haha. But that kiss me deadly cover, oh my :wub:

6 hours ago, Q.B said:

Just made these and thought I'd share.. :D

Just another reason why St. Jimmy is amazing live. :wub:

25 minutes ago, reneetaleena said:

I really wish it was filmed professionally, if there was a way to block out those annoying aussies in the background, haha. But that kiss me deadly cover, oh my :wub:

Yeah the video is a little frustrating but there are moments of brilliance throughout that it's worth persevering. Gah! When he sings WMUWSE. 

Wow, this is just magical and a great example of why I love Green Day so much. Sad for the people there that the show got cut short but Billie sure did his best to make up for it! 

39 minutes ago, Q.B said:

Wow, this is just magical and a great example of why I love Green Day so much. Sad for the people there that the show got cut short but Billie sure did his best to make up for it! 

I know I love this and his positive attitude about the spontaneity of the thing. Did you see when the video pans to the right and Mike and Tre are just sitting on the steps watching and smiling? I love these guys so much.

8 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

I liked this pre-hobo billie joe hair. 

I know 2014 was funny it kept getting longer and then he added the beard he looked like Arlo Guthrie. Definitely a "hiatus" look. :lol:

9 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I know 2014 was funny it kept getting longer and then he added the beard he looked like Arlo Guthrie. Definitely a "hiatus" look. :lol:

I loved that look though :ga: scruffy billie is hot. (disclaimer - scruffy, not hobo.)

1 hour ago, Q.B said:

Gutted for the people who only heard 24 songs, but it's a musicians prerogative to keep playing when shit happens. That he did keep playing helped to make the gig even more memorable to the fans that were there- the power outage is certainly something that differentiates last night from any other GD gig!

3 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

And shallow comment here while on the subject of clothes -- I love when he wears t-shirts because his tats are so cool.

I see you are new to the fangirls' confessions thread :toocool::P

5 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

And shallow comment here while on the subject of clothes -- I love when he wears t-shirts because his tats are so cool. 

New, but fitting in so well :D

1 hour ago, herewegoagain said:

I see you are new to the fangirls' confessions thread :toocool::P

Haha, yes of course! It's just hardly the most shallow  - or controversial - subject we've covered :lol: 

Look at his little peekabo curls :wub:

OMG those curls! :wub: *dies* He should just give in and let his hair go naturally curly instead of trying to straighten and style it. It would probably save him a lot of time since he sweats so much during shows and it curls anyway. Plus it's just so darn cute! :wub:

Yes, you are right, but then we might get used to these lovely curls and miss seeing that process. :lol:

19 minutes ago, herewegoagain said:

Haha, yes of course! It's just hardly the most shallow  - or controversial - subject we've covered :lol: 

Look at his little peekabo curls :wub:

His curls are so cute. :wub: And what a gorgeous smile. :D :wub:

24 minutes ago, jengd said:

New, but fitting in so well :D

Yeah, thanks guys. Nice having a place to express these things where people don't look at you like a lunatic. :ga: This is a safe space.

And on the subject of curls, a little goes a long way. In the Cuatro! docu he looked like a poodle! It's easy to forget what it looks like when he doesn't straighten it.

:wub: I'm in love with this picture of Billie Joe. Everything about it is perfect. His shining eyes with just the right amount of eyeliner, that delicious plump bottom lip:wub:, he's slightly sweaty, and he's even wearing a t-shirt to show off those sexy arms and the amazing tattoos. He looks absolutely splendid. :wub:

25c5ff339f8e74ff0df64081d8916cf0.jpg

Ha, Poodle Joe Armstrong :wub:  While he's totally cute right now I agree the long, unstraightened style can get a little out of hand. I like it when it's pretty short and sort of semi-curly, but I doubt he'll go back to that any time soon. It's interesting to see how long he intends to keep growing it out though!

• BeachBum locked this topic

Archived