Psy responds to Billie Joe comment on Instagram

JIGD13

But what about Festivus.

LOL seinfeld refference, It will be time for us to reflect on how us weak mortals cannot grow a magnificent beard like Mr. Grohl's.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grohl grows a mightier beard as well, for this, with my authority as Vice Head Minister of the church of grohl, we must wear a fake beard on the anniversary of Mr. Grohl's birth. We will call it, Grohlmas.

Head of boobs approves!

And this is why I love this thread :happy:

Anyways back in topic: did Psy say anything serious to this? :lol:

Everyone saying it was immature of Billie to say that:

First of all, I don't even think he meant it on a serious note.It was just a joke.He keeps saying shit about many artists in a fun way.So many people do that.

Joking and Bitching are two different things.Bitching is when someone seriously means what he says and usually says that out of jealousy.Like those brothers from Oasis.Nobody gives a fuck as to what they think but they keep speaking shit anyways.Another example would be Jonny Rotten.

It was very mature of Psy to NOT take it seriously.Even Dave Grohl jokes around about other artists,not being offensive.Why don't you guys call Dave a whining bitch then?He is a legend, so is Billie.

Billie is fuckng 41 years old and off drugs.He definately didn't mean anything.Oh god why do people here take things so seriously.Just relax.

Amen. Thank you. :hug:

I'm a bit confused because when Billie went on his whole iHeart tirade, the vast majority were really happy about it and thought it was awesome. And that was after he played an awful show and seemed incredibly fucked up. Not everyone was so thrilled about it of course, but many people were. This is about 1000x more harmless than that and such a fuss is being made over it. Of course everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion, but I just find this being incredibly, bizarrely blown out of proportion. It feels like the Twilight Zone or something, lol. I kind of wonder had Billie posted the same comment about someone generally more disliked by us than Psy, if the reaction would be the same.

billie was wrong for calling psy herpes of music that's obviously rihanna.

I like psy he's been a star in his own country for years and he definitly deserves his success. Gangnam style is actually really clever song but people dismiss it because it's korean and has a silly video.

and i also find music snobs very annoying as long it's entertaining who cares??

You are a smart one Jacob :thumbsup:

I say Vote Jacob 2016

Maybe he even agrees with Billie's statement about him. And he just said, hey. Whatever, thanks.

I love Green Day don't get me wrong, but what Billie says to PSY really has no merit considering the different positions they're in and if I was PSY I wouldn't care at all

When I first saw Billie's Instagram post, I chuckled then kept scrolling, forgetting about it in minutes. I can't believe this is apparently such a huge story that it generates tons of media coverage and almost 8 pages of discussion here. Just because he's a celebrity, he can't state an opinion about a musician, and in a fairly harmless and joking manner? He's a person too. Plus, as others have pointed out, he's said far worse. Remember that Steve Jobs shit? Did that get any media coverage at all?

This is not a big deal. In fact, it's literally the tiniest deal of all time.

When I first saw Billie's Instagram post, I chuckled then kept scrolling, forgetting about it in minutes. I can't believe this is apparently such a huge story that it generates tons of media coverage and almost 8 pages of discussion here. Just because he's a celebrity, he can't state an opinion about a musician, and in a fairly harmless and joking manner? He's a person too. Plus, as others have pointed out, he's said far worse. Remember that Steve Jobs shit? Did that get any media coverage at all?

Herpes are harmless?? Lol jk

I'm not mad/upset about Billie's post but he should stop using diseases in joke form...

yes we know but we're just having a good time and laughing about PSY response about it. if he wouldn't have reacted no one would have give a fuck about it. same thing about the medias.

I just think it's funny how the interviewer wanted a good juicy story and failed. I just don't see what the big deal is of billie stating his opinion lol and i'm surprised this is getting as much attention as it is.

1.Hire a choreographer to make an iconic dance move for you

2.Hire a producer to make an iconic beat for you

3.Ask the record company to promote your shit.Writing lyrcs is optional.

4.Just wait and hope that the music video becomes viral.

5.Congo, you're PSY!

On the other hand-

1.Leave your mother and live in rags with drug addicts

2.Keep struggling till you finally attract a record label.Chances are 1% that you will be succesful

3.Work your ass off trying to make good music.

4.Keep working hard and people still call you a 'whining bitch' for every negative comment of yours.

5.Congo, you're Billie!

i personally dont think its a big deal, that being said, billie should really watch was he says for a while. The media still has him labeled as a lunatic and are looking for fuel to bring it up again. lets face it, crazy billie makes good tv. He should be extra careful to avoid bad press of any kind.

I agree. However I don't think he should walk on eggshells of any kind. I mean he shouldn't have to hide his opinions because people can't handle it.

I agree. However I don't think he should walk on eggshells of any kind. I mean he shouldn't have to hide his opinions because people can't handle it.

thats true, im not sure where i stand. not that this is an indication that he will, but i just dont want him to become one of those old punks who just bitches about everything popular and doesnt produce anything of value. that would break my heart

1.Hire a choreographer to make an iconic dance move for you

2.Hire a producer to make an iconic beat for you

3.Ask the record company to promote your shit.Writing lyrcs is optional.

4.Just wait and hope that the music video becomes viral.

5.Congo, you're PSY!

This clearly shows you have no fucking clue on what you speak of

Psy wrote and produced the song has NO label he is on his OWN label sold 70 million copy of the song ON HIS OWN with NO label which has never been done before...

Controversial? THIS is what you deem to be controversial?

Oh my, you must live in a really wonderful world where something as minimal as this is controversial. I envy you.

Sarcasm apart,I didn't exactly mean THIS to be controversial.But he keeps saying controversial things from time to time and he gets away almost every time.

Like the Steve Jobs incident.

However, I think the media tries to make a big deal out of everything he says.This wasn't even a thing but they tried to show as if he commited some crime.In most of the articles,it usually reads, "Green Day frontman, freshly out of rehab, calls psy the herpes of music", totally trying to make a big deal out of it.

thats true, im not sure where i stand. not that this is an indication that he will, but i just dont want him to become one of those old punks who just bitches about everything popular and doesnt produce anything of value. that would break my heart

Nahh I think everyone is over analyzing this toooo much lol. back to your point tho that I do want to mention, remember that interview where Billie said something like how at that time everyone was starting to sound like cher? Like nickleback and stain and he made fun of them? Well nobody cared about that. Everyone is caring about it now because of what happen at iheart and I just think it's fucking stupid.

This clearly shows you have no fucking clue on what you speak of

Psy wrote and produced the song has NO label he is on his OWN label sold 70 million copy of the song ON HIS OWN with NO label which has never been done before...

first of all,I hardly give a shit as to what you say.You just contradict everything with some stupid made up shit.

70 million copies?Yeah sure.Please try making some sense yourself before you tell me to make some.

Park Jae-Sang and Yoo Gun Hyung wrote and produced the song.It was released by Universal Republic.Do you have any idea as to what you are saying?

Don't fucking tell me that I don't know what I say, when the thing is you have no idea yourself how the world functions.

Sarcasm apart,I didn't exactly mean THIS to be controversial.But he keeps saying controversial things from time to time and he gets away almost every time.

Like the Steve Jobs incident.

However, I think the media tries to make a big deal out of everything he says.This wasn't even a thing but they tried to show as if he commited some crime.In most of the articles,it usually reads, "Green Day frontman, freshly out of rehab, calls psy the herpes of music", totally trying to make a big deal out of it.

There's no doubt that the media is blowing this way out of proportion. It really must be a slow news week for them to start skimming instagram for news.

I found this on Tumblr.

43563567547_zps51205149.png

It really pissed me off. I mean don't get my wrong Billie shouldn't have said it. But like someone else said, Billie has said worse things. Also I don't think Billie hates all pop music, just because he doesn't like Justin Bieber and Psy doesn't mean he hates all pop music. Also I wouldn't call Green Day "pop". OVERALL they are rock. I think this just gave Green Day haters another reason to talk shit.

Also Psy was Anti-American a few years ago. He may have apologized but it's still not ok what he said and did. It was worse than what Billie said.

Nahh I think everyone is over analyzing this toooo much lol. back to your point tho that I do want to mention, remember that interview where Billie said something like how at that time everyone was starting to sound like cher? Like nickleback and stain and he made fun of them? Well nobody cared about that. Everyone is caring about it now because of what happen at iheart and I just think it's fucking stupid.

oh yeah i was thinking about the same thing actually. I remember after iheart there was an article about how mainstream media "doesnt allow" the rock n rollers to be rock and rollers anymore and that theyre being choked by different standards than they used to be. Anyway that was actually legitimate, this is just silly. I think when i first saw this instagram post i giggled for five seconds and then forgot about it. i never foresaw it to become a scandal :dry:

first of all,I hardly give a shit as to what you say.You just contradict everything with some stupid made up shit.

70 million copies?Yeah sure.Please try making some sence yourself before you tell me to make some.

Park Jae-Sang and Yoo Gun Hyung wrote and produced the song.It was released by Universal Republic.Do you have any idea as to what you are saying?

Don't fucking tell me that I don't know what I say, when the thing is you have no idea yourself how the world functions.

You do realize Park Jae Seng is Psy real name dumbass

It has sold 70 million world wide

Go make an account at billboard to access the full site membership is 500

And Univeral re released it it came out on Psy's label YG

I found this on Tumblr.

43563567547_zps51205149.png

It really pissed me off. I mean don't get my wrong Billie shouldn't have said it. But like someone else said, Billie has said worse things. Also I don't think Billie hates all pop music, just because he doesn't like Justin Bieber and Psy doesn't mean he hates all pop music. Also I wouldn't call Green Day "pop". OVERALL they are rock. I think this just gave Green Day haters another reason to talk shit.

People are I just- why. PEOPLE NEED TO UNDERSTAND WHAT THE FUCK AN OPINION IS. I hate eveRyone.

You do realize Park Jae Seng is Psy real name dumbass

It has sold 70 million world wide

Go make an account at billboard to access the full site membership is 500

I know that dumbo, he co-wrote the lyrics with another guy, that's what I'm trying to say.

Gangnam style sold 10.4 Million copies worldwide.ConfIrm that with the Neilsen Soundscan, the company that provides this data to Billboard.

Do you even thinK it's possible for a record to sell 70 million copies in such a short time?

I know that dumbo, he co-wrote the lyrics with another guy, that's what I'm trying to say.

Gangnam style sold 10.4 Million copies worldwide.Conform that with the Neilsen Soundscan, the company that provides this data to Billboard.

Do you even thinK it's possible for a record to sell 70 million copies in such a short time?

The song came out in 2011 over seas 2012 on the US has a billion views on youtube yes it's very easy to buy the figures..

Still the fact remains the same your assetment of Psy paying for a writer and other was wrong

And before you talk to me bout i dont know the world revolves please make sure you are on the same playing field as me thank you...

Archived