Billie Joe on new Lonely Island album

Blond-O-Sonic Shimmer Trap

its obviosuly cool to hear billie ... but im not a fan of the music / song AT ALL

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>.> man, it's almost like some of you guys were expecting Mozart to rise back and write one last song for us all judging by the reactions.

Hardly. I think the song is bad because it's not funny or catchy. That's all I expect from a Lonely Island track but it doesn't even fulfill that criteria.

Wow how one song can divide the GDC!

Yeah song isn't that great, but what did people expect from a comedy album?! I love Billie's voice on this, but then I love Nightlife! (which I didn't realise lots of people don't like either!)

Wow how one song can divide the GDC!

Have you heard Nightlife? :P

The best explanation is probably that this will be an "album track". it seems like a but of a throw away, or filler.

Also over the years i'm still not sure if the lonely island take themselves too serious as part of the joke or they actually think they are good rappers...

She talks about nightlife in the same post you're quoting silly

She talks about nightlife in the same post you're quoting silly

I was being sarcastic.

Those words... will never be used in that context ever again.

True :lol:

As it happens, yes I have. It is a beautifully crafted masterpiece of electro rap punk rock pop enhanced by the delightful Lady Cobra. How there was debate arguing the contrary I don't know.

Hardly. I think the song is bad because it's not funny or catchy. That's all I expect from a Lonely Island track but it doesn't even fulfill that criteria.

Personal preference I guess. I thought it was hilarious and catchy!

As it happens, yes I have. It is a beautifully crafted masterpiece of electro rap punk rock pop enhanced by the delightful Lady Cobra. How there was debate arguing the contrary I don't know.

Your description alone made me like/appreciate the song just a tad bit more. Just a tad bit. :happy:

Before the song starts, the spoken "mayor" sounds like Ben Stein to me.

How much do ya wanna bet it's a piss take of the iHeartRadio thing.

Oh how I wish this had been the case.

lol at @ people saying it sounds like night life it's clear that you guys don't listen to much hip hop

the song is alright I'm just not really here for white people rapping. It never sounds right to me.

I'm listening to it for the first time- I don't even know why anyone would make this a song. It has no point, it's not funny, where did it come from? I don't get it at all. Billie sounds good, but the other guys' voices are too 'aggressive' for me

I love it! I just wish the other two lonely island people had been on it as well.

Billie's part is so catchy, and I love how is voice sounds. Andy's parts are great too. It's probably my favorite off of the album.

Also over the years i'm still not sure if the lonely island take themselves too serious as part of the joke or they actually think they are good rappers...

They've stated a LOT of times that they don't actually think they're good rappers and all of their songs are meant purely for comedy.

They've stated a LOT of times that they don't actually think they're good rappers and all of their songs are meant purely for comedy.

ahh okay. ive only heard their music, i never actually heard them interviewed. good to know

The way he sings and the effects in the song actually remind me a lot of vocals he did in "Nightlife".

lol at @ people saying it sounds like night life it's clear that you guys don't listen to much hip hop

the song is alright I'm just not really here for white people rapping. It never sounds right to me.

i think people keep bringing up nightlife just because its the closest thing green day has done compared to this. other than a drum machine i dont think theyre similar

i think people keep bringing up nightlife just because its the closest thing green day has done compared to this. other than a drum machine i dont think theyre similar

Did Nightlife use a drum machine? I remember in Cuatro they messed with one a little somewhere but I don't think it was used on the record, at least not entirely.

FUCKING THANK YOU. This all comes down to me not liking much I've heard from this Lonely Island era and being sad Billie didn't have the chance to collaborate with them in the Incredibad or Turtleneck & Chain era.

I'm listening to it for the first time- I don't even know why anyone would make this a song. It has no point, it's not funny, where did it come from? I don't get it at all. Billie sounds good, but the other guys' voices are too 'aggressive' for me

TLI, Andy in particular, has always adopted that aggressive, angry sound (Lazy Sunday, Like a Boss, etc.) but with this song and others on this album, it's REALLY too much.

Is Billie the one doing the talking in the beginning I can't tell

As the mayor? No, it's Andy. (Actually, though, the first time I heard "Ladies and gentlemen, the mayor of New York," I thought it was Mike :lol:)

It's not bad. I like how billie sings his part. I have no idea about this band. Though they seem to be good I don't think i'm gonna listen their other songs. I'm not into rap music!

Archived