American Idiot - Red/Black Swirl Vinyl (Hot Topic Exclusive)

lbw87

Colored vinyl always has worse quality than black, so it's not even worth listening to. Colored vinyl is meant for collecting.

THIS!!!

Picture discs are even worse :/

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

THIS!!!

Are they? Well, I wasn't planning on playing any anyways- if I get any of the 5 Green Day picture discs that there are (Each one is $30 though... WICA, AI, BoBD, WMUWSE, and Holiday)

Mine shipped today, so it should be delivered by next week!!! I'm so excited!!!!! :D :D :D

I got this thing for $15 off of a purchase of $30 or more at Hot Topic, so I guess I'll get American Idiot with that.

You can't use your Hot Cash on vinyl. Also, I can't find it on Hot Topic's site anywhere. Did these sellout already?

You can't use your Hot Cash on vinyl. Also, I can't find it on Hot Topic's site anywhere. Did these sellout already?

Hot Topic took down all vinyl during this Hot Cash promotion :(

I really don't like buying vinyl from Hot Topic anyway. Whenever I buy vinyl at my local Hot Topic, I walk out and the security system goes off because they forget to take the security strip off of the back of it. :mad:

Hot Topic takes down vinyl during hot cash now because they finally realized that people were buying large numbers of albums for cheap with the hot cash and flipping them for ridiculous prices after. It'll be back - there's no way they sold 800 of these in a matter of days. ;)

Also re: picture discs, they're defiitely on the lower end of the sound spectrum. What a picture disc is is basically two flimsy pieces of clear vinyl squished together with a paper graphic in between. Hence, they're pretty to look at but are often prone to clicks and skips.

Also re: picture discs, they're defiitely on the lower end of the sound spectrum. What a picture disc is is basically two flimsy pieces of clear vinyl squished together with a paper graphic in between. Hence, they're pretty to look at but are often prone to clicks and skips.

I can agree with this, even though I personally own only one picture disc. Then again, the picture disc I own is from the late 60s-early 70s.

Are they? Well, I wasn't planning on playing any anyways- if I get any of the 5 Green Day picture discs that there are (Each one is $30 though... WICA, AI, BoBD, WMUWSE, and Holiday)

I have all of those as well. I framed them in 8x8 frames and put them on the wall. No need to play them when I've got 4 or 5 different versions of the album they came from. Unrelated, I picked up the first two "Enforcer" records (metal band from Sweden) on picture vinyl and they sound like they were pressed on a block of cement.

I have all of those as well. I framed them in 8x8 frames and put them on the wall. No need to play them when I've got 4 or 5 different versions of the album they came from. Unrelated, I picked up the first two "Enforcer" records (metal band from Sweden) on picture vinyl and they sound like they were pressed on a block of cement.

It'd be interesting to see a cement record.

THIS!!!

Picture discs are the worse

But the color vinyls nowadays are the same as the black vinyls pretty much in sound

I have both the color and black versions of the trilogy and there is no difference at all between them

The color vinyl has been produced ALOT better in the last 5 years than the color vinyls that were produced in the 80's and 90's

I have several colored records and they're all perfectly listenable. I don't notice any difference between them and most of the black ones I have.

I just don't see the point in spending so much money on vinyl just to put them all in frames, but that's just me.

I do. That's why I own two or three copies of every Green Day record.

But to do that with every band? Just collect vinyl to say you have it is retarded. I play all of mine. Listening to an original LP of Blue Oyster Cult's "Fire of Unknown Origin" as I type this.

It'd be interesting to see a cement record.

If I'm not mistaken at one point there was one pressed on copper or bronze material of some sort. It goes for a TON of money and I can't for the life of me remember what band/album it was or who pressed it. I'm sure it sounds like garbage. If it even plays at all.

If I'm not mistaken at one point there was one pressed on copper or bronze material of some sort.

There was a release from some band a year ago that had an ice tray to pour water in, freeze, and voila! a record. Playing would probably not be the best thing to do to a turntable, though.

I'm heading out to my local mall and Hot Topic store, if I happen to get lucky and find this vinyl there I will buy it, in case any GDC'rs can't find a copy...

I ordered mine online, it hasn't arrived yet.

I went to Hot Topic in Santa Monica hoping to find this... the shop sucked. Nothing Green Day related at all and lots of 1D and Beiber merchandise. They were playing Fall Out Boy but other than that was disappointed.

May have to buy this online then...

Sucks that they excluded vinyl this time on the hot cash I was looking forward to 15 dollars off. That's how I got all of the other hot topic exclusives. Not cool man.

Just got mine in today, and it looks BEAUTIFUL!!!! I finally have a vinyl copy of the album that changed my life!!! :D

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived