Your ideal Green Day show/playlist

Saint Walshie

A short set just for something like TV or a festival.

- Panic Song

- Bab's Uvula Who?

- Stay The Night

- Letterbomb

- Give Me Novacaine

- Having a Blast

- Longview

- Blood, Sex and Booze

- Carpe Diem

- Don't Wanna Fall in love (acoustic)

- Good Riddance

• Like 2

Thank you! I enjoy doing it, as you can see. Here's one just for you:

1. At the Library
  2. Welcome to Paradise
  3. One of my Lies
  4. Jesus of Suburbia
  5. Barbara Allan
  6. Holiday
  7. Haha You're Dead
  8. I Love Rock N Roll
  9. Amanda
  10. Teenage Blue
  11. 80
  12. Boys Don't Cry
  13. Know Your Enemy
  14. Basketcase
  15. Stray Heart
  16. Dominated Love Slave
  17. Kill the DJ
  18. Stay the Night
  19. Minority
  20. Brutal Love
  21. Nightlife

Ohhh I wish I thought of Haha You're Dead. Awesome track.

1. Last Night on Earth
  2. Lazy Bones
  3. Red Tide
  4. Transistors Gone Wild
  5. Waiting
  6. Stuart and the Ave.
  7. Nuclear Family
  8. Stay the Night
  9. Eye of the Tiger
  10. You Shook Me All Night Long
  11. Geek Stink Breath
  12. Spike
  13. Boulevard of Broken Dreams
  14. Welcome to Paradise
  15. Santa Claus is Coming to Town
  16. American Eulogy
  17. Shout/Earth Angel/Swanee/I'll Be There
  18. Road to Acceptance
  19. She
  20. Brainstew
  21. Viva la Gloria
  22. When I Come Around
  23. Shoplifter
  24. Nice Guys Finish Last
  25. Jinx
  26. Static Age
  27. Are we the Waiting
  28. Best Thing in Town
  29. American Idiot
  30. Love and Money

Your shows are getting long again. I'm ready to pack my tent and make it a weekend. Last Night on Earth as a opening??? I don't see it.

• Like 1

1. When I Come Around - 2:58
  2. Death or Glory - 3:55
  3. Rock N Roll 3:41
  4. Extraordinary Girl (acapella) 3:39
  5. King For A Day 3:13
  6. Jesus of Suburbia 9:08
  7. We are the Champions 3:03
  8. 21 Century Breakdown 5:09
  9. Basketcase 3:03
  10. 2000 Light Years Away 2:24
  11. Stray Heart 3:45
  12. Let Yourself Go 2:57
  13. Maria 2:47

Your shows are getting long again. I'm ready to pack my tent and make it a weekend. Last Night on Earth as a opening??? I don't see it.

I don't leave any time for on-stage banter, or hey-ho's in most of my set-lists. I imagine the band just playing the songs back to back, destroying the place and leaving. And as of late, no encores. I just posted a shorter show. I usually give them so many songs because I don't want Billie Joe to get mad at me and smash his guitar. I think he would be okay with this last one: Show probably would run...... 49 Minutes and 70 seconds. Yikes, that does seem a bit short. Still 14 Minutes and 54 seconds longer than their I heart Radio slot. So, I think Billie's guitar and I are safe.

I don't leave any time for on-stage banter, or hey-ho's in most of my set-lists. I imagine the band just playing the songs back to back, destroying the place and leaving. And as of late, no encores. I just posted a shorter show. I usually give them so many songs because I don't want Billie Joe to get mad at me and smash his guitar. I think he would be okay with this last one: Show probably would run...... 49 Minutes and 70 seconds. Yikes, that does seem a bit short. Still 14 Minutes and 54 seconds longer than their I heart Radio slot. So, I think Billie's guitar and I are safe.

lol, I don't think he's hit anyone with the guitar lately. And I like the on stage banter and he-yo's. :wub:

• Like 1

lol, I don't think he's hit anyone with the guitar lately. And I like the on stage banter and he-yo's. :wub:

I like their banter as well. I love going online and finding the really unique ones. I also love the newer ones stuck in "broken dream". Like "Thank God I'm Alive" and "Welcome back" after his rehab stay. Very emotional. Also just recently watched a bunch of videos where he let other band members sing during "shout". Not just Tre and Mike, but Jason White AND Freeze and Jeff! So funny!

• Like 1

I like their banter as well. I love going online and finding the really unique ones. I also love the newer ones stuck in "broken dream". Like "Thank God I'm Alive" and "Welcome back" after his rehab stay. Very emotional. Also just recently watched a bunch of videos where he let other band members sing during "shout". Not just Tre and Mike, but Jason White AND Freeze and Jeff! So funny!

I have been looking for the one at the first come back show in CA where he says something about not feeling entirely comfortable.

• Like 1

I have been looking for the one at the first come back show in CA where he says something about not feeling entirely comfortable.

I saw another cool moment where Billie Joe is introducing a song (can't remember which) and he says something like "You only live twice. The second time is for second chances. Who needs a second chance here tonight? I know I do." It was a wonderful moment. I think we can all agree that just about ANY set-list by Green Day is ideal, banter, pink bunnies and all. Except for that one somebody made with "Last Ride In" over and over. Well, it's been a few hours since I've posted one, so here it is:

1. At the Library
  2. Judge's Daughter
  3. When I Come Around
  4. All By Myself
  5. A Little Night Music
  6. Dominated Love Slave
  7. Sweet Children
  8. She
  9. Haushinka
  10. Deadbeat Holiday
  11. Desensitized
  12. Scumbag
  13. 21 Guns
  14. A Little Night Music
  15. You Lied
  16. Rest
  17. Green Day
  18. Silent Night
  • Like 1

1. Judy is a Punk
  2. Having a Blast
  3. Cuts Like a Knife
  4. Don't Leave Me
  5. Sleigh Ride
  6. Let Yourself Go
  7. Life During Wartime
  8. Walking Out on Love
  9. Too Much Too Soon
  10. Dry Ice
  11. 21 Guns
  12. State of Shock
  13. Kill the DJ
  14. Oh Love
  15. Fell For You
  16. Brat
  17. Teenage Blue
  18. American Idiot
  19. Jesus of Suburbia
  20. Longview
  21. Blood/Sex/Booze
  22. Redundant
  23. Walk Away
  24. Letterbomb

1. Last Ride In
  2. Walk Away
  3. Last Night on Earth
  4. Peacemaker
  5. Kill the DJ
  6. F.O.D.
  7. Worry Rock
  8. Redundant
  9. Dirty Rotten Bastards
  10. Working Class Hero
  11. The Saints are Coming

I saw another cool moment where Billie Joe is introducing a song (can't remember which) and he says something like "You only live twice. The second time is for second chances. Who needs a second chance here tonight? I know I do." It was a wonderful moment. I think we can all agree that just about ANY set-list by Green Day is ideal, banter, pink bunnies and all. Except for that one somebody made with "Last Ride In" over and over. Well, it's been a few hours since I've posted one, so here it is:

• At the Library
  • Judge's Daughter
  • When I Come Around
  • All By Myself
  • A Little Night Music
  • Dominated Love Slave
  • Sweet Children
  • She
  • Haushinka
  • Deadbeat Holiday
  • Desensitized
  • Scumbag
  • 21 Guns
  • A Little Night Music
  • You Lied
  • Rest
  • Green Day
  • Silent Night

So that was obviously after iheart - do you remember which one

I'd love to see that if you can find it.

I'd love to see that if you can find it.

Okay, it was the 2012 Irva Plaza show. During Letterbomb. There may have been another one as well, but this is the one all over the internets.

So that was obviously after iheart - do you remember which one

Oddly enough, it was right BEFORE iheart. Billie even chugs a beer (or a dozen) during this performance. It's Irving Plaza, September 2012, during Letterbomb. This seems to be a really epic concert, with the band playing 39+ songs. Unfortunately I can't find the whole concert yet. Found one youtube video claiming to be the whole thing, but it's only an hour of what was obviously at least 2 hours. I'm over at setlist.com right now taking in the awesomeness of the show.

1. Blitzkrieg Bop
    (Ramones song)
  2. (with snippets of AC/DC's Highway to Hell and Ozzy Osbourne's Crazy Train)
  3. (with snippets of Led Zeppelin' s Stairway to Heaven and Lynyrd Skynyrd's Sweet Home Alabama)
  4. (First Time Live Since 2001)
  5. (with a tease of 86 at the beginning)
  6. Encore:

1. Holiday
  2. Make Out Party
  3. Holiday In the Sun
  4. Basketcase
  5. When I Come Around
  6. Before the Lobotomy
  7. Who Wrote Holden...
  8. Roll a Joint
  9. 409 in Your Coffee Maker
  10. Death or Glory
  11. Have yourself a merry little Christmas
  12. Fused
  13. All By Myself
  14. Stop When the Red Lights Flash
  15. Amanda
  16. Roving Gambler
  17. 21 Guns
  18. I Fought the Law
  19. Redundant
  20. Stay the Night
  21. Kill the DJ
  22. Geek Stink Breath
  23. Ashley
  24. Carpe Diem
  25. Letterbomb
  26. Search and Destroy
  27. Welcome to Paradise
  28. She
  29. King for a day
  30. Longview
  31. Brutal Love
  32. Fell For You ENCORE:
  33. Know Your Enemy
  34. Oh Love
  35. American Idiot
  36. We Are the Champions
  37. Boulevard of Broken Dreams
  38. Minority
  39. Whatshername
  40. Amy
  41. Good Riddance

Okay, it was the 2012 Irva Plaza show. During Letterbomb. There may have been another one as well, but this is the one all over the internets.

Oddly enough, it was right BEFORE iheart. Billie even chugs a beer (or a dozen) during this performance. It's Irving Plaza, September 2012, during Letterbomb. This seems to be a really epic concert, with the band playing 39+ songs. Unfortunately I can't find the whole concert yet. Found one youtube video claiming to be the whole thing, but it's only an hour of what was obviously at least 2 hours. I'm over at setlist.com right now taking in the awesomeness of the show.

1. Blitzkrieg Bop
    (Ramones song)
  2. (with snippets of AC/DC's Highway to Hell and Ozzy Osbourne's Crazy Train)
  3. (with snippets of Led Zeppelin' s Stairway to Heaven and Lynyrd Skynyrd's Sweet Home Alabama)
  4. (First Time Live Since 2001)
  5. (with a tease of 86 at the beginning)
  6. Encore:

I hope this doesnt post twice - my computer froze - but I remember this was when billie staged dived backwards - he was pretty wasted - in WMUWSE he said 30 years & Daddy - a little confronting.

• Like 1

I hope this doesnt post twice - my computer froze - but I remember this was when billie staged dived backwards - he was pretty wasted - in WMUWSE he said 30 years & Daddy - a little confronting.

Just watched it. Wow. It was a good performance, but I'm excited to see more shows with a clean and sober Billie Joe.

• Like 2

Just watched it. Wow. It was a good performance, but I'm excited to see more shows with a clean and sober Billie Joe.

Did you notice at the end Mike kinda just walks off looking like is is pissed off with billie. I think it is the same concert he explains in the rolling stones interview that he woke up in a park.

Did you notice at the end Mike kinda just walks off looking like is is pissed off with billie. I think it is the same concert he explains in the rolling stones interview that he woke up in a park.

That part of the interview always bothered me alot. He said he woke up in a park on the west side highway. That is literally right on the Hudson River. 10 more feet and he easily been found floating face down. It really made me realize how bad he was. Very scary stuff.

• Like 2

That part of the interview always bothered me alot. He said he woke up in a park on the west side highway. That is literally right on the Hudson River. 10 more feet and he easily been found floating face down. It really made me realize how bad he was. Very scary stuff.

Have you watched the concert?

The other one to watch is Shepherds Bush in UK - where GD were late on stage & Tre had to start the concert.

• Like 1

Have you watched the concert?

The other one to watch is Shepherds Bush in UK - where GD were late on stage & Tre had to start the concert.

I haven't watched the concert yet but I'm going to try tomorrow unless work keeps insisting on getting in the way. I really get creeper out by that part of the interview. The Westside Highway is so close to the water. Also depending on which park, it could have been drug dealer and hooked infested. There are so many things that could have happened.

I haven't watched the concert yet but I'm going to try tomorrow unless work keeps insisting on getting in the way. I really get creeper out by that part of the interview. The Westside Highway is so close to the water. Also depending on which park, it could have been drug dealer and hooked infested. There are so many things that could have happened.

ooh I know when I was in NY after a baseball match the guy we were staying with insisted on taking us for a drive - it was the small hours of the morning & I was scared to death & I was in a car. NY was an eye opener for me.

The Shepherds Bush concert Mike was mighty pissed at Billie as well. I know someone who was there & she didn't think much of it at the time - but it was her first GD concert.

I Never really noticed any of these times when Mike seemed angry with Billie. Not an ideal show I guess if the band isn't getting along. Their performance is always great, even when there are obvious problems. There's been a lot of drunken shows, but I heart was the only one where Billie almost sounded bad. I know some people made some stupid statements that Green Day was going to 'suck now that he's sober'. But they really proved those people wrong. I thought the band sounded better than ever, which should put to rest Billie's worries about bands that take time off (like he mentioned in Cuatro!). Anyway, back to the real topic...here's a more realistic setlist from me:

1. State to Shock
  2. 99 Revolutions
  3. Welcome To Paradise
  4. Stop When the Red Lights Flash
  5. Fell For You
  6. Letterbomb
  7. Holiday
  8. Boulevard of Broken Dreams
  9. Wake Me Up When September Ends
  10. Missing You
  11. 2000 Light Years Away
  12. St. Jimmy
  13. Let Yourself Go
  14. Brutal Love
  15. Longview
  16. When I Come Around
  17. Hitchin' a Ride
  18. Basketcase
  19. She
  20. Maria
  21. American Idiot
  22. Jesus of Suburbia
  23. Nuclear Family
  24. Redundant
  25. Amy
  26. Whatshername
  27. Good Riddance
  • Like 1

Followed by a crazy setlist filled with Green Day songs that probably don't exist (all titles that were rumored to be Green Day songs but have never surfaced in any format that I know of - except Girl From New York).

1. Dirty Polka Christmas Song
  2. Sleepy Head
  3. Wasteaway
  4. Bob's Your Uncle
  5. Crushing Bastards
  6. Gabriella
  7. If my friends could see me now
  8. Taringa
  9. Coffee and Repent
  10. Hillside Dance
  11. Ruse of the Rubes
  12. Rebel Radio