Write an editorial for GDA

Fuzz

Hey! We need some more original writing on GDA. I think it'd be great to feature more thoughts from the community as a way to share ideas and opinions about Green Day. I'd like to open this up to more people.

First, let's brainstorm some ideas together for good editorials. What's something related to the trilogy that would be interested to read about? From there I'll take volunteers who are interested in writing something. Editorials are usually in the 1000-1500 words range, depending on the topic.

So, ideas??

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps two different editorials, one pro three albums and the other pro one album with all the best songs from the trilogy?

I think that reviews of the trilogy would be interesting to read as an Editorial. :)

I think that reviews of the trilogy would be interesting to read as an Editorial. :)

Good point. We haven't done our own review of them. That's a pretty big one though, I think I'd have to find someone very capable of doing it.

Good point. We haven't done our own review of them. That's a pretty big one though, I think I'd have to find someone very capable of doing it.

Is there anyway I could try out for it, maybe? (It's totally up to you though)

I would be interested in reading (and writing, I guess) editorials about the general feel of the trilogy, if that makes any sense. What people think about the idea and the change, this new era of Green Day, and how it relates to them and their relationship with the band is hella interesting to me. Maybe I am just tired and rambling, but I can say that the trilogy came at a point in my life with a lot of changes going on, and I have to believe a bunch of other fans who are around my age feel the same way.

I'm up for the challenge. I've been wanting to write a review for the trilogy and just haven't gotten around to it. I'm on spring break right now, so I've got nothing but free time.

I would be interested in reading (and writing, I guess) editorials about the general feel of the trilogy, if that makes any sense. What people think about the idea and the change, this new era of Green Day, and how it relates to them and their relationship with the band is hella interesting to me. Maybe I am just tired and rambling, but I can say that the trilogy came at a point in my life with a lot of changes going on, and I have to believe a bunch of other fans who are around my age feel the same way.

I would also be up for something like that. Just some thoughts on the Trilogy as a whole.

Since there's a lot of interest in a recap for the trilogy, how about we do it this way. If you would like to do it, send me a sample paragraph (via PM) of how you'd write it. First give me a simple idea of the things you'd like to cover in the editorial, then write a paragraph no more than 5-7 sentences just so I can get a sample of your writing, tone, etc.. Then I'll pick someone by Thursday to actually do it. I'm excited that many of you would like to :)

Perhaps two different editorials, one pro three albums and the other pro one album with all the best songs from the trilogy?

I like this idea.

I would hate on the trilogy to much so to not enrage some people I shall refrain from sending a sample.

i would love to write a review track by track.. i'll post my review. :P

I'd actually like to do some creative writing as soon as I get a good idea for a topic. I won't stress with it though, I don't want it to be forced or anything.

Writing about fanatic fans would be fun, but they are usually uptight and won't give interviews :P

I've had a trilogy review on my mind for a month now, this makes me wanna finally start typing it.

I am taking up Journalism as a career now and this would be a great practice!

I think there are a lot of approaches to tallking about the trilogy. You could talk about how perceptions of the songs might have been different without Billie Joe's rehab and how the release date change of Tre might have changed things, or you could go for how the set up of it actually being a trilogy went for the band. I don't know if things like that would be worth much outside of a mention in a review, but they're things I started to think about when considering what a review might be like.

What about a more personal editorial?

I'm currently in the process of expanding my musical tastes as far as I can, while listening to minimal amount of Green Day. I want to see how my feelings towards Green Day change when I complete this little experiment, which will probably be in the summer, when I have more time to fully dive into it. I could write a reflection on what I've discovered.

So yeah, I can't really write anything any time soon, but it's something I would love to do in the future :)

How about personal interpretations of the trilogy lyrics? Obviously not implying anything about Billie himself, just what the story of the songs is to different people. I really like that idea.

I'd love to write some editorials. I've already written a review of each album for my student paper when I was finishing up college last semester, so writing a review wouldn't be too tough. When would you like to have this ready by? Not sure if I should take it on when I have a lot of writing for my actual job to finish up this week... (but let's be real, GD is much more important). :happy:

I definitely want to partake in this! The only idea I have is personal like how I got into Green Day and stuff like that. Otherwise I have no idea...maybe how they try to keep their punk roots even though the music isn't really punk or something?

So, I was trying to write something for this and I wonder, is this more of a Trilogy Era recap, or reviews of the actual Trilogy itself? I want to make sure to mention context in anything I write, but there's definitely two very different articles there.

I'd be a fan of a creative review of the trilogy. Maybe a review through photos or paintings of the feeling you got from listening to the album, or why not a song about an album? There are tons of possibilities.

That wouldn't be an editorial though, so maybe it's not even relevant, but it'd be really damn awesome.

Archived