Billie Joe on the cover of Rolling Stone "The Road Back From Hell"

Sanity Loan

There are so many glimpses of light in that article. Aside from Billie's health, the idea that they might roll out a new album next year is the most exciting. I can't wait.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

crying with all my heart!! :( i'm so proud of him and his recovery, also proud of mike, such a good friend <3 i would ever love them

There are so many glimpses of light in that article. Aside from Billie's health, the idea that they might roll out a new album next year is the most exciting. I can't wait.

Where did you get that? If anything he said he didn't want to rush things - sounds like having too much on his plate didn't help matters at all.

Waiting to read it, but for those of you who've read it, would you say it's more depressing or uplifting? And does he talk at all about how their live shows will be different, or new music? That's all I want to know.

It's depressingly honestly, but in a good way.

READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

When I was reading about everyone crying, I though "you people need to get over yourselves." But then I read the part about Mike and Billie hanging out at the coffee shop and sitting at the park. Holy crap, I can only hope that I have a friendship that ends up that way.

Waiting to read it, but for those of you who've read it, would you say it's more depressing or uplifting? And does he talk at all about how their live shows will be different, or new music? That's all I want to know.

A bit of both. He gets pretty dark but i completely love how open he was about everything. He knows what he did was wrong and he owns up to it. He also doesn't want to let the people he loves down (friends, family, fans) . I gained so much more respect for him. He's honestly a Role Model.

Wow. That was a great read. He was so straightforward about everything and just very genuine and very much so sounding like himself.

I didn't mention this before, but I must say, in the few months leading up to his rehab, he looked off. He looked out of it; you could see in his eyes that he wasn't totally there. That cover photo is so beautiful because I can really see him for the first time in a while.

What I find sad but interesting is that he fell into addiction the same way a lot of people do. Started taking too many pills to take care of anxiety/insomnia. Started drinking some to calm nerves, which turned into excessive drinking after a while. If you have that in you to become addicted to something, it is so easy for addiction to take over. You don't have to be a crackhead or a crazy partier to be an addict.

My heart hurts from what I have been reading from the interview so far. I am just overly ecstatic that he is fighting this and getting better everyday! And most of all, he is back to fucking rock our world!

Where did you get that? If anything he said he didn't want to rush things - sounds like having too much on his plate didn't help matters at all.

I may have misread it, but there's a mention in the article that Billie has written a lot of songs and that they're planning towards 2014. To me, that's a good indication of a new album. An even better indication is the fact that Billie said he was mostly healthy when the band was in the studio. Keeping himself busy with music is a sure fire way to kick the bottle.

Just read it. I am just so proud of this man. I have a feeling Green Day will have a good comeback.

I may have misread it, but there's a mention in the article that Billie has written a lot of songs and that they're planning towards 2014. To me, that's a good indication of a new album. An even better indication is the fact that Billie said he was mostly healthy when the band was in the studio. Keeping himself busy with music is a sure fire way to kick the bottle.

No he said he wrote some riffs, but not full songs because he didn't want to rush it.

Hope the shows are still over two hours long :)

Looking forward to finding out. They still have the physical stamina, the big ? for me is whether Billie's energy on stage can be fueled with the audience interaction alone, w/o a few shots of booze juicing him on. If so -- and, hey, we know he loves performing for its own sake -- I think he'll do ok and we can still have some good long nights to share with him.

Billie and Mike met randomly by fate at a coffee shop and Billie apologized and then they chatted like old friends? Thats like poetry, the mike and billie love story

*touches cheek* What are these? TEARS!? my happy and sad emotions are colliding, damn you!

Mike Dirnt is the best friend a person could ever hope to have.

Hands down, no contest.

My love for him has also grown exponentially throughout all this - from him standing by Billie on the iHeart stage and smashing his bass, to hanging out chatting about life on park benches.

God bless Mike Dirnt......

Still trying to process all that I just read, but that article was fantastic. I can't imagine him saying anything more than he said there.

And it didn't leave me depressed. He was so honest, but I sensed optimism and determination in his spirit and words, and it filled me with warmth. Billie's got this, he's very self-aware. If he's wanted to get sober since Nimrod but never really tried until now, he knows it's important.

Also, endless applause for Adrienne and Mike. With him to the end, bitches!

It's a terrific article. I feel a mixture of things - relief, proud of him, and a little scared for him, too.

No he said he wrote some riffs, but not full songs because he didn't want to rush it.

There's that, but where does it say he's not rushing it? It says "He has started writing new music and mentions two impending milestones in 2014." aside from the riff part.

There's that, but where does it say he's not rushing it? It says "He has started writing new music and mentions two impending milestones in 2014." aside from the riff part.

The milestones are American Idiot and Dookie anniversaries.

the milestones are dookie being 20 and american idiot being 10 years old.

It's a terrific article. I feel a mixture of things - relief, proud of him, and a little scared for him, too.

Same. He called himself a functioning alcoholic. To read this and see how bad it had gotten, I'd say "functioning" was an understatement. I mean, we all knew they liked to party. We've seen Foxboro shows. But when you hear him talk about it, and think back to Mike's early comments that he was "worried for his friend's life" it's kind of scary to realize just how bad it had gotten.

I also loved when he talked about Mike and Tre's reactions. I haven't been that enthralled in something since....Tre leaked lol

What an epic comeback by Green Day. A RS interview and 4 new shows. Green Day is back, bitch!

Btw, do we have scans?

Archived