Billie Joe on the cover of Rolling Stone "The Road Back From Hell"

Sanity Loan

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i dont think its healthy to take billies lyrics so seriously, but i also dont think its a far off judgement. I'd connect the music to myself than the artist, yet billies a very honest lyricist so you just dont know.

I'm not usually one for new interviews or feeling emotionally attached to a specific band member but...wow. I can't wait to read this. I really hope this clears stuff up. This looks like a good sign on the road to recovery, both for Billie Joe and Green Day.

He's been getting wasted and jumping around on stage as long as Green Day has existed. Yes we now know he's been battling with addiction, but that doesn't mean every single piece of footage of him performing while under the influence of something needs to be picked over for signs of it. It's pointless.

What? I do know how he is during shows and that he's been drunk 221351 times before. And I didn't mean jumping around like that, i meant when he was spinning around while jumping looking really gone.. that was all I said. It wasn't to analyze everything he does, it was just about Irving Plaza, and he was very wasted there

As a songwriter, not every song is about yourself or someone you know. I'm not saying that he's not using the songs as a form of relief, a diary of somesorts, but we can't over-analyze it, either. He's also written "taking all you down with me / explosives ducktaped to my spine / nothing's gonna change my mind" -- does that mean he's a terrorist? No! Sometimes you just write in someone else's mind. Billie may have used the characters in American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown as his alter egos. Maybe he needed to imagine himself as someone else to really see his problems. but then again, maybe he just wrote random crap! While it's a good possibility, we shouldn't go looking for "clues", unless we're gonna turn this into a "Paul is dead" type thing. Listen to the songs backwards!!! Maybe they'll tell you all of Billie's secrets! :lol:

Not that I'm suggesting everyone go nuts searching through lyrics for "clues" or anything but I assume you are familiar with the use of metaphors? I believe that is what you what you've got yourself there rather than "Billie the terrorist"...however you cannot simply ignore that numerous times he has said his lyrics are autobiograpical. Obviously there are exceptions but sometimes fans just don't want to see him as less that perfect...he sings about pills and alcohol and up to today people (some not all) found a zillion ways to justify/explain it away and those same people will do so with other aspects of his lyrics they don't like.

Looks like she has most of the article

http://instagram.com/lastgangintown/

That person cried.. holy shit. I feel this is going to change everyones perspective on Billie Joe and its going to add an abundance of love to him for who he is. This is huge.

I think Oh Love is a racist pedophilic song. There. How'd I do?

yeah man i'm a loser and a chooser and that song just offended me so much

and they way he says "don't stop when the red lights flash" ugh that's just creepy

As a songwriter, not every song is about yourself or someone you know. I'm not saying that he's not using the songs as a form of relief, a diary of somesorts, but we can't over-analyze it, either. He's also written "taking all you down with me / explosives ducktaped to my spine / nothing's gonna change my mind" -- does that mean he's a terrorist? No! Sometimes you just write in someone else's mind. Billie may have used the characters in American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown as his alter egos. Maybe he needed to imagine himself as someone else to really see his problems. but then again, maybe he just wrote random crap! While it's a good possibility, we shouldn't go looking for "clues", unless we're gonna turn this into a "Paul is dead" type thing. Listen to the songs backwards!!! Maybe they'll tell you all of Billie's secrets! :lol:

Billie did say in an interview that the 21st Century Breakdown characters was himself. We also know that Billie have said many times that most of his lyrics are autobiographical, so why ignore that?

Omg, thank you so much!!!!

Aw fuck, I really wish RS didn't have to bring up the Steve Jobs rant... btu then again Billie might have brought it up himself.

Not surprised he was juiced when that happened, though.

I want to read it now, but I want to wait for at least the scans. I want this to really mean something to me, not that it wont.

I'm actually too tired to read it now. Going to read it tomorrow.

What? I do know how he is during shows and that he's been drunk 221351 times before. And I didn't mean jumping around like that, i meant when he was spinning around while jumping looking really gone.. that was all I said. It wasn't to analyze everything he does, it was just about Irving Plaza, and he was very wasted there

Ahh, well I agree with you about that. I just don't see much point in looking back at shows to see when he was wasted or "not right" etc. Just not really looking forward to the inevitable over-analyzing of it that people are gonna be doing.

Nice, but she zoomed in on some parts, missing whole paragraphs....

Thats another reason im waiting

Aw fuck, I really wish RS didn't have to bring up the Steve Jobs rant... btu then again Billie might have brought it up himself.

True...........

Thanks Andres! I was reading what I could of those photos and it's really an awesome interview, makes me rethink everything that happened.

Somehow I read it with Billie's voice

Eep I've been trying to forget that ever happened :lol:

Archived