The 99 Revolutions Tour

JIGD13

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Stop When the Bus Lights Flash Tour" would be the best choice.

Maybe it would be full of responsible parents

Is this whole thread seriously still just about the name? It's decided, we might as well be at peace with it. I would've thought we'd moved on by now, but whatever. I don't care what the tour is called. I just want to see a Green Day concert!

Is this whole thread seriously still just about the name? It's decided, we might as well be at peace with it. I would've thought we'd moved on by now, but whatever. I don't care what the tour is called. I just want to see a Green Day concert!

I just wanted to people knew the change of the name I din't know it would turn into a whole thread to discuss the which other names should it have

I just wanted to people knew the change of the name I din't know it would turn into a whole thread to discuss the which other names should it have

Oh I'm not blaming anyone here. :) I was just making an observation.

So lets see...

Uno Dos Tre (2011-2012)

99 Revolutions (2013-2014)

That seems about right.

Oh I'm not blaming anyone here. :) I was just making an observation.

yes I know, I'm just saying what I meant for this thread

yes I know, I'm just saying what I meant for this thread

Oh okay.

To be honest, it's what the guys do best -- politically-rooted concept arena rock that merges classic rock'n'roll vibes with an in-your-face punk attitude. That's Green Day being true to themselves, so props to Warner for finally recognizing THAT at least. That being said, 99 Revs, as great as it plays live, isn't a branding hook that's going to grab attention for the tour. I agree with someone else's post in the GDA comments that calling it the "Wow! That's Loud Tour" would have been a little piece of awesomeness. And yeah, they'd better put THAT one on the setlist or someone's gonna be pissed. :P

Hmm not sure about finally. They've been marketing them that way ever since AI came out (and when I say they I mean whoever's job it is to market them, not necessarily just Warner). That is Green Day being true to themselves, but so is making fun retro party songs. That's Green Day being true to themselves right now. It's a bit of a shame they're not brave enough to market them as today's true Green Day instead of clinging to marketing them as the AI era's Green Day. I agree on Wow! That's Loud though :D

If this is the name of the tour now are they possibly going to have 99 Revolutions be a single or is there no chance of that? I love 99 Revolutions

If this is the name of the tour now are they possibly going to have 99 Revolutions be a single or is there no chance of that? I love 99 Revolutions

I think so is one of ¡Tré!'s best songs

i can't wait for the tour. i wish i could go though. need money for college. but my sister regrets not buying the Philly tix instead of the Wilkes Barre tix since that one got flat out cancelled.

I don't care what the name is, but they need to schedule more shows in more cities. now.

With so many new songs, do you think the shows will have a even longer setlist and ail be longer in time?

With so many new songs, do you think the shows will have a even longer setlist and ail be longer in time?

The Irving Plaza show had 42 songs, longer that the 21st Century Breakdow shows I think 45 or 47 songs will be ok to fit good songs

I'm 99% sure that they won't, but will have a higher ratio of new:old songs. I hope I'm wrong. MOAR GD!!!

99 Revolutions is the perfect name. It implies that they're going to be revolving around the world 99 times. As long as they stop in the Bay again after the Berkeley tour I support 99 shows across the globe.

Would never ever happen.

Sadly. Although they did release a live album called Awesome As Fuck, so the idea isn't that crazy.

Why not?

Because of the word. Not sure if you're American or not, but people here, in general, are not too tolerant of curse words. Not too tolerant about anything actually. I know tour names aren't THAT important but Green Day isn't going to advertise a tour with the word "fuck" in it.

Sadly. Although they did release a live album called Awesome As Fuck, so the idea isn't that crazy.

It was an album not a tour name

Archived