Unpopular Green Day Opinions

Kayfabe

It just seems kind of cheap, too. It's literally "I'm really angry, let's put music to it." Compare it to the more angry songs on Insomniac, like Babs Uvula Who? and it just seems forced. How Platypus made it onto Nimrod and Desensitized didn't is beyond me, the latter is clearly far superior yet in the same vein.

well they could've at least made a better song that says "im really pissed off." it probably would work better in one of those really short and fast songs like In the End and Not My Problem (but that song's by Joint Aktion)

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First I thought you were talking about them as couples O_o

nope. i am the Jason White nut.

My favorite is Jeff Matika. We've spoken on twitter guiz he knows I exist!!!!1!11!!

i got a retweet from Jeff once. i was bitching about how there should of been a jason, freese and matika poster. just them . :lol:

I nominate Stuart and The Ave for best f-bomb in Green Day's catalog.

Honorable mentionS: Longview, Letterbomb, and BOBD

Edit : A travesty that I forgot Minority

Stuck With Me and American Idiot are my favourites. Stuart and the Ave is indeed great, though.

"Horseshoes and Hand Grenades" for me. "Minority" is also great just because it's the only song with profanity on the album, which makes it that much more striking.

"Horseshoes and Hand Grenades" for me. "Minority" is also great just because it's the only song with profanity on the album, which makes it that much more striking.

ohhh H and H is a good one. Minority's I somehow forgot. It is definitely up there. Especially live oooo that gets me amped every time

Stuck With Me and American Idiot are my favourites. Stuart and the Ave is indeed great, though.

The faggot america line sticks in my head more, but AI is a good one too, can't even think of the Stuck With Me one of the top of my head

edit: I found the Stuck With Me one, I legitimately had no clue he was even dropping an f-bomb there :P That whole song is tough to understand

edit: I found the Stuck With Me one, I legitimately had no clue he was even dropping an f-bomb there :P That whole song is tough to understand

Haha yeah. It's a good one though, I love the venom in it.

I'll second this. Horseshoes and Hand Grenades is rather sexy. :shifty:

How is Uptight a Stevie Wonder rip-off?

Same song title and similar chorus melody, that's about it. But still. :D

Agreed :thumbsup:. I really like the "I don't give a FUCK anyway" in Let Yourself Go. Nice surprise "fuck" after the "I don't give a damn anyway" eariler in the verse.

Agreed :thumbsup:. I really like the "I don't give a FUCK anyway" in Let Yourself Go. Nice surprise "fuck" after the "I don't give a damn anyway" eariler in the verse.

That blew my mind the first time I heard it without two "fucks," like in the live version. :lol:

The Letterbomb performance at the Rock and Roll hall of fame ceremony is one their best peformances ever...

The Letterbomb performance at the Rock and Roll hall of fame ceremony is one their best peformances ever...

I don't like Letterbomb live if there's the long break right before the climax of the song.

I thought you weren't allowed to say anything positive about 21CB, though? :huh::lol::P

I don't like Letterbomb live if there's the long break right before the climax of the song.

I definitely prefer a version without the break, too. It works on something like Hitchin' A Ride, but I think Letterbomb is best when it flows completely.

it was pitchy as hell

Letterbomb is one of the best songs they've ever done, and it took them forever to do it live routinely, and now they do it's a total disappointment. I'd only ever seen the live version from Storytellers and the one on Awesome As Fuck, and they were really good. I absolutely lost my shit the first (and only) time I saw it live, but Billie's soliloquy and the decision to drop all the instruments out before the bridge absolutely killed it. Shame.

Letterbomb is one of the best songs they've ever done, and it took them forever to do it live routinely, and now they do it's a total disappointment. I'd only ever seen the live version from Storytellers and the one on Awesome As Fuck, and they were really good. I absolutely lost my shit the first (and only) time I saw it live, but Billie's soliloquy and the decision to drop all the instruments out before the bridge absolutely killed it. Shame.

Letterbomb is my favorite song but it needs to be played the way it was written and recorded with no breaks to have the most impact

Letterbomb is my favorite song but it needs to be played the way it was written and recorded with no breaks to have the most impact

Exactly! They pointlessly drag so many songs out live, that's why their shows are so long. They could at least leave that one alone!

I thought you weren't allowed to say anything positive about 21CB, though? :huh: :lol: :P

There are a few rare exceptions. H&H and Murder City are two of them, as much as I don't like to admit it. :lol: They're quick and catchy enough that I forget they're on that album.

Yeah but when you're there you don't even realize what's going on. I still liked it... :ninja:

Just somewhat related, but the "You're not the Jesus of Suburbia..." part and its following lines is one of my favorite overall Green Day lyrics. It's not like I connect to it emotionally or anything, but it's just so damn climactic. Love, love, love it.

Yeah but when you're there you don't even realize what's going on. I still liked it... :ninja:

Just somewhat related, but the "You're not the Jesus of Suburbia..." part and its following lines is one of my favorite overall Green Day lyrics. It's not like I connect to it emotionally or anything, but it's just so damn climactic. Love, love, love it.

The annoying thing is I found it really underwhelming at the time.

Yes! I love that too. The first time I heard it I just started laughing. I don't even know why, I was just gobsmacked at how fucking awesome and euphoric it is, when played as part of the album rather than in isolation. The fact that that moment has stayed with me for 9 years speaks volumes I think.

The annoying thing is I found it really underwhelming at the time.

Yes! I love that too. The first time I heard it I just started laughing. I don't even know why, I was just gobsmacked at how fucking awesome and euphoric it is, when played as part of the album rather than in isolation. The fact that that moment has stayed with me for 9 years speaks volumes I think.

Well, then again, I was still in "OMG GREEN DAY IS RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME" mode, because I think it was just like 3-4 songs into the setlist... so yeah, maybe my perspective is skewed. :lol:

But yeah, that line is like, "holy shit, you just tied how many songs together in the epic climax of this song..." Awesome. 'Nuff said.

Well, then again, I was still in "OMG GREEN DAY IS RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME" mode, because I think it was just like 3-4 songs into the setlist... so yeah, maybe my perspective is skewed. :lol:

But yeah, that line is like, "holy shit, you just tied how many songs together in the epic climax of this song..." Awesome. 'Nuff said.

Well yeah, that'd make sense! I'd already seen them three times before I saw them do Letterbomb, maybe if it was my first time I'd have reacted the same as you.

Yeah, that and the American Idiot line in Homecoming are both brilliant in that respect. Strokes of genius.

Yeah, that and the American Idiot line in Homecoming are both brilliant in that respect. Strokes of genius.

I was always irritated by that line in Homecoming. Felt so forced and out of place to me.

I was always irritated by that line in Homecoming. Felt so forced and out of place to me.

It didnt sound forced to me but deft out of place

Archived