Johnny Rotten of Sex Pistols takes a Dig at GD

Akshat

Billie Joe told me that Johnny Rotten is like a crazy uncle that everyone just tries to ignore and avoid, and that as much as Johnny wants to get a rise out of Billie and wants him to respond to his attacks, he just isn't going to. I have a lot of respect for Billie for that.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Billie Joe told me that Johnny Rotten is like a crazy uncle that everyone just tries to ignore and avoid, and that as much as Johnny wants to get a rise out of Billie and wants him to respond to his attacks, he just isn't going to. I have a lot of respect for Billie for that.

Ha that's great! He's already got in a few digs over the years though ("You know who's another bitter old bastard? Johnny Rotten. He sounds like my grandmother, at times. He really sounds old. And he's so predictable in his comments about us. I mean, be a bit more novel. Try and come up with something new. On top of that, some of the stuff from P.I.L. was complete shit ,as far as I'm concerned." for example). Probably why he doesn't feel the need to anymore hehe :D

When isn't he moaning about Green Day. Never Mind the Bollocks is a superb album, but everything the pistols did after that was utter, utter shit. Green Day have 100 x the talent and fanbase the pistols had and he's bitter.

Here's the thing: he's completely entitled to his opinion. If someone asks what he thinks of Green Day, as someone did in the story posted by the OP, he's allowed to be as harsh as he pleases. But the countless videos like this, where he just starts randomly bitching about them without provocation really do suggest he has an issue with their level of fame or success rather than the quality of their music.

• 4 weeks later...

Here's the thing: he's completely entitled to his opinion. If someone asks what he thinks of Green Day, as someone did in the story posted by the OP, he's allowed to be as harsh as he pleases. But the countless videos like this, where he just starts randomly bitching about them without provocation really do suggest he has an issue with their level of fame or success rather than the quality of their music.

Not to mention he is bitching about almost everyone that have made it to the top.Be it Coldplay or Jay-Z.

Archived