¡TRÉ!

Liam

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just gotta say thanks to Green Day right now for always moving forward.

"Always move forward, going straight will get you nowhere!" (Green Day quote)

That's pretinous of you, like those lyrics.

Complexity shines through simplicity, like thin skin against bone.

Using a lot of complicated metaphors, analogies, or descriptions means nothing.

Intelligence is not measured by knowledge, it's measured by how that knowledge is applied. Take for example this song:

Half Light by Arcade Fire:

http://www.metrolyri...rcade-fire.html

Deep meaningful lyrics, that don't sound overly convulated or thought out.

It flows, it's simple, yet complex.

That's pretinous of you, like those lyrics.

Complexity shines through simplicity, like thin skin against bone.

Using a lot of complicated metaphors, analogies, or descriptions means nothing.

Intelligence is not measured by knowledge, it's measured by how that knowledge is applied. Take for example this song:

Half Light by Arcade Fire:

http://www.metrolyri...rcade-fire.html

Deep meaningful lyrics, that don't sound overly convulated or thought out.

It flows, it's simple, yet complex.

I love that song. Actually that whole album.

they could've just taken all the best songs and just made one album, it would have been better that way, the 3 album thing would have been great if all the songs on it were good

completely agree with you good sir!

I like the fact that 8th avenue seranade, x-kid, and 99 revolutions are going to be singles

If you take the verse from Dirty Rotten Bastards and the chorus from Amy... thats Shoplifter! :)

I love how with every song you can sort of make a connection back to another song from a past record. The trilogy is like a big nostalgic soundtrack to everything they are as a band and have been since "ninteen fuckin' eighty eight". It also looks forward to the future, though, and assures everyone that they're not giving up. I can't wait to see them, whenever they reschedule to

I think that shows their lack of creativity. We've heard this stuff before, give us new material. I like it when bands always give us something completely new every album. Nightlife was fucking great. We don't need a "Dookie" or "Foxboro" style album. That's why we have those specific albums to listen to. Don't revisit the past.

Guest Trotsky

I like the fact that 8th avenue seranade, x-kid, and 99 revolutions are going to be singles

How do you know that dude?:)

completely agree with you good sir!

The only problem with that is there are people that love songs others hate. I personally love all 37 of them so I'm glad they didn't do just one album.

Source?

What about Sweet 16, Rusty James, Oh Love, Wild One, Stray Heart, Wow! That's Loud!, Amy, Brutal Love, X-Kid, Little Boy Named Train, Amanda, Walk Away, Dirty Rotten Bastards and The Forgotten?

Of course its easy criticize the lyrics comparing Jesus of Suburbia (Very deep lyrics) with repetitive songs like Let Yourself Go and 99 Revolutions :dry:

I can easily compare Are We the Waiting, Know Your Enemy, Warning, Static Age, American Idiot (Repetitive lyrics) with Brutal Love, X-Kid, Dirty Rotten Bastards, The Forgotten, Walk Away or Amanda..

You could, you know, bring up other lyrics than the chorus.

Kid, have some humility. I've been in bands for 4 years, I play Bass, Guitar and Drums, I can sing, and "I don't know how to write a song". My bands is releasing it's 2nd EP soon and 5 out of 10 songs from our discography are almost exclusively written by me, but that doesn't mean it's easy or I "know what I'm doing". Oh, and it's Doom Metal, not Power Pop or Pop Punk.

To write hooks like Green Day you have to be Green Day, period.You weren't even born and I was listening to Green Day.

Number one. Don't call me kid. Number Two. Have you seen my lyrics? no. Number Three. Read my post. I said RIGHT THERE. MY LYRICS ARE NOT LIKE GREEN DAY'S. of course they aren't. 3/5 of Jesus of Suburbia has the best lyrics on earth. Lyrics that changed my life. NONE of the lyrics off of the trilogy are even comparable. Except maybe from the Forgotten.

For the rest of this. I am fucking done. I have had TWELVE quotes of people hating me for my opinion. Not counting a pointless argument where I've had to defend myself because someone didn't like my opinion. I truly am sorry I don't like this trilogy. But when Billie said "EPIC FINALE" for Tre, I thought we were going to get SO much more than this. Green Day had so much potential with some of these songs off of all three albums. This thread is for opinions. and frankly, I'm fucking scared to even post what songs I kind of like...

I think that shows their lack of creativity. We've heard this stuff before, give us new material. I like it when bands always give us something completely new every album. We don't need a "Dookie" or "Foxboro" style album. That's why we have those specific albums to listen to. Don't revisit the past.

I totally see what you're saying, but I don't think they are recycling their old stuff. That's not what I'm saying. It's just little things. Little musical references, if you will, to their past. I think as a band they should be allowed to do that stuff and reference their past while still moving forward. Cause let's be honest: you can't really see any of this stuff actually being on Dookie or Insomniac or anything because they matured as a band and that's just not how it is anymore. And i mean come on, you can't expect them to release something completely 100% different every time, because in the end they are still Green Day... and bands usually do have a style that they sorta stick to

But this stuff is very fresh and new! Do you not agree?

Nightlife was fucking great.

Okay I mean yes that was really reaching out there and stepping out of the comfort zone and I always respect that but they aren't really the kind of band that pulls that sort of thing off. I love that they did something different with "Nightlife," but I don't think it turned out well....at all. For example, St. Anger by Metallica was something different, but it wasn't what they as a band are good at.

Also the vocals were mixed really weird and Lady Cobra is really annoying haha. In my opinion

For the rest of this. I am fucking done. I have had TWELVE quotes of people hating me for my opinion. Not counting a pointless argument where I've had to defend myself because someone didn't like my opinion. I truly am sorry I don't like this trilogy. But when Billie said "EPIC FINALE" for Tre, I thought we were going to get SO much more than this. Green Day had so much potential with some of these songs off of all three albums. This thread is for opinions. and frankly, I'm fucking scared to even post what songs I kind of like...

That better not be directed at me at all because all I did was say one thing, which is true. Don't criticze the lyrics and include only the chorus which happens to be the song title, completely ignoring the rest of the lyrics that (in 99 Revolution's case) are well thought out and great, and then freak out when people disagree with you. I respect your opinion as much as I respect anybody elses, but that doesn't mean I can't disagree. :huh:

Only speaking for myself here.

I have not listened to the album yet since I am going to listen to it once I buy it next week, but these reviews have pumped my up for this album. I have heard the previews for Missing You, X-Kid, DRB, and 99 Revolutions, but I am excited for songs like Brutal Love, Sex, Drugs, & Violence, and Drama Queen. For now, I am just listening to Uno and Dos to pump me up since I love nearly every song so far.

Source?

Its in front of the album u know where they show TRE! Featuring x kid 8th avenue seranade and 99 revolution

That better not be directed at me at all because all I did was say one thing, which is true. Don't criticze the lyrics and include only the chorus which happens to be the song title, completely ignoring the rest of the lyrics that (in 99 Revolution's case) are well thought out and great, and then freak out when people disagree with you. I respect your opinion as much as I respect anybody elses, but that doesn't mean I can't disagree. :huh:

That's my problem. Every single song on here has potential. Stay the Night, 99 Revolutions, Walk Away. I loved all of them, until they hit the chorus. The chorus in my opinion, is the more powerful part of a song. It has to be worth repeating. 99 revolutions tonight= not worth hearing 30 times. It gives up the meaning of the song.

Its in front of the album u know where they show TRE! Featuring x kid 8th avenue seranade and 99 revolution

Could you show a picture? Considering the majority of us here probably won't have seen the hard copy in its case yet ;)

You must be a hammer.

That's my problem. Every single song on here has potential. Stay the Night, 99 Revolutions, Walk Away. I loved all of them, until they hit the chorus. The chorus in my opinion, is the more powerful part of a song. It has to be worth repeating. 99 revolutions tonight= not worth hearing 30 times. It gives up the meaning of the song.

Eh, I get what you're saying but I don't really think so. Stay the Night doesn't really have that repetitive of a chorus especially compared to Walk Away or 99 Revolutions or Let Yourself Go.

You must be a hammer.

And why's that? :lol:

Are you waiting for the release day too?

yes. honestly I was going to wait until the original release date in Jan because I don't want to shun my christmas music :P

but the temptation, haha

Could you show a picture? Considering the majority of us here probably won't have seen the hard copy in its case yet ;)

Its on instagram i dont know how to post pictures through my phone

Was listening to X-Kid in the car just then (burned it to a crappy CD, boy that was a fucking chore... the last song isn't even properly copied) and it surprised me how sad the song is. In the preview I was nodding my head to the crisp guitar, and getting ideas from the surf scenes of Quatro about it being this track about Bille/the band growing up and not quite feeling... I don't know, "famous". How wrong I was! The fact that it's such a good song instead of your every-day ballad makes it even more emotional. :(

Well it is about the band's friend who took his own life...X-Kid is another fine example of Green Day hiding some fucked up meanings into energetic and powerful songs.

Yeah, the lyrics of the trilogy... Can't tell whether I've gotten used to their simplicity or if Tre is actually more intricate/poetic. Going to be honest and say I do not like the one-line choruses at all. They're boring, uninspiring and a bit of a let-down. It'd be a bit cheeky to say it's intentionally half-arsed because they've gone to the trouble to release & write over 30 songs, so their work ethic can't really be challenged, but their creativity can. Really? So many choruses relying on repetition of the title? Why?

The Ramones built a career off writing songs like that.

Archived