¡TRÉ!

Liam

Yes! It´s so fantastic to learn more about the language. I can really brush up my English here... :thumbsup:

"wet reckless" and "wet and reckless" -is it a pun (would you call it "pun"...?)?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My favourite songs are definitely X-Kid, Sex drugs and Violence, Dirty Rotten Bastards, Little Boy Named Train, Missing You and Brutal Love. The brass in brutal love :wub:

Least favourite are The Forgotten and Walk Away. The forgotten seems too cliche :u it might be a grower though Walk away gets too repetitive near the end although the lyrics are nice.

I think the chorus is sd and v is pretty clever, well from what I've taken the meaning to be haha. The line before about regressing, then 'sex, drugs and violence' is like going back to your teenage years and then 'english, maths and science' is wanting to be a kid again (In primary school) That's just what I got from it :ermm:

All the other songs are okay, but my list of favs might change at some point!

Guest Trotsky

Yes! It´s so fantastic to learn more about the language. I can really brush up my English here... :thumbsup:

"wet reckless" and "wet and reckless" -is it a pun (would you call it "pun"...?)?

Is a phrase similar to DUI(Driving under the influence) although there are large differences."The result of pleading wet and reckless is a lesser fine, no jail time, and no record of a drunk driving conviction." :)

Just got back from Target, The album is 15$ there so I decided not to sell my kidney and wait til I get to a BestBuy where only the employees have to sell their kidneys..

Still haven't heard the album.

I never actually thought of "she's old enough to bleed now" as being about periods so I never really felt awkward about it. I always assumed it meant old enough to lose her virginity or old enough to bleed emotionally (especially with the song being about celebrities etc).

I agree 100% about people stating interpretations like it's fact. It's pretty awesome that you see such an imaginative and fleshed out concept to these albums, but to act like they are officially "that story" in your descriptions and review it as such without emphasizing that this is not necessarily the authors' intent just rubs me the wrong way.

Exactly, that's why I always try to stress that my interpretation is personal. I understand that people feel very sure of their opinion or that they assume people get it, but it's just something that's really annoying and unfair to the band.

Mail Innovations shipped Uno and Dos to me but i didnt see their name anywhere for Tre

interesting. It did for me

I listened to it for the first time today, and it's definitely my favorite album of the trilogy. I'll be honest, I listened to ¡Dos! once and never listened to it again because I immediately hated it. So my expectations for this album were absolutely zero, but I was pleasantly surprised. ¡Tre! isn't one of my favorite Green Day albums, but it's got some great, great songs. And like ¡Uno! and ¡Dos! it's got its filler in the middle, but I really think the rest makes up for it. It's a shame it doesn't seem like there are going to be any proper singles for it.

It's Mail Innovations. It is a sloowww and CHEAP way to ship. It has to go to certain M.I. facilities. One time I ordered clothes online, it was delivered to my local post office, then it went 80 miles south, and then back to my post office. It's seriously the stupidest way to ship

Yeah, the route it takes is ridiculous. I got Uno the Monday before and Dos the Friday. Who knows for Tre, but I'm leaving college Friday so if it's not here by then there will be hell to pay.

I've actually had the album since Friday but did not want to post something until now. The first listen was underwhelming, but every listen after that got better. My fav songs are Brutal Love, Missing You, Drama Queen, X-Kid, Walk Away and Dirty Rotten Bastards.

Uno is my fav and then Dos. I love the trilogy!

The lyrics are really epic! :D

" the bigger that you come, the harder you're gonna fall "

" It'll pass, the swelling never really lasts, but the scar remains, remind me that I'm still living "

" what the fuck does " OK " stand for? when the afterlife is nothing worth dying for "

" I'm 99 percent sure that something's wrong, it's all wrong "

" sometimes you're better lost than to be seen "

Well, you guys know better than me!!! IT'S AMAZING!!

Give it some time - that was my initial reaction too. Billie's songwriting has gotten a lot more abstract over the years (as often happens as artists age, I mean, take a look at what Springsteen is doing now as a point of comparison) and it takes more time to figure out what's going on in his head now. Til that happens, the songs hit as "well, meh, okay...." but when the light bulbs go off, look out -- turns out there's a lot of good shit in there.

By reading what was initially said, I want to say the person meant, Mwah, as in 'kiss'. Then said the first listen was enjoyable. So perhaps they truly like it rather then saying meh, and needing it to grow on them. I could be wrong though lol

Just got back from Target, The album is 15$ there so I decided not to sell my kidney and wait til I get to a BestBuy where only the employees have to sell their kidneys..

Still haven't heard the album.

Are u in the US? If so the ad says 9.99 the regular price is 13.99 so make em give u what their advertisment states...

Don't worry, I speak English and I had never heard that before, either.

Does anyone know if Best Buy is having that 7.99 coupon again? Funny that the other two have had it, but I haven't seen anything of the such for this one.

I am definitely warming up to Tre. Brutal Love, Drama Queen, X-Kid, Amanda, and surprisingly to me 99 Revs are my favorites. I really wish Walk Away had more chorus lyrics cause that would be a great one as well (Its still pretty good). But the others are growing on me for sure, especially The Forgotten which seemed a bit cheesy to me at first. Only song I don't like is 8th Avenue Serenade, but the backing vocals and the lyrics save it from being a skipper for me. Green Day did one hell of a job on this trilogy in my opinion. This is going to take quite a few months to fully digest and its gonna be a great few months :happy:

Also, can anyone tell me exactly why Brutal Love is credited to Billie and Sam Cooke? When I saw everyone posting that I assumed it was a joke about the similarities between Brutal Love and Bring It On Home To Me I didn't think it was actually credited to Sam Cooke. Its cool that they did that but I'm just curious. Thanks y'all :thumbsup:

Okay never mind, after listening to Bring It On Home To Me (which is awesome) I realize that Billie based Brutal Love off of the melody. Very cool!

Watching Quatro on Palladia right now and damn this is awesome. I love how it shows behinds the scenes shit!

Apart from the line 'she's old enough to bleed now', which I think is meant to be interpreted metaphorically anyway, drama queen is one of the highlights of the trilogy for me. The strum along sound is nice and quite simple. I think it would play well live.

Apart from the line 'she's old enough to bleed now', which I think is meant to be interpreted metaphorically anyway, drama queen is one of the highlights of the trilogy for me. The strum along sound is nice and quite simple. I think it would play well live.

I totally agree, damn I thought I was one of the only ones who thought that song was a highlight song on Tre

Also, can anyone tell me exactly why Brutal Love is credited to Billie and Sam Cooke? When I saw everyone posting that I assumed it was a joke about the similarities between Brutal Love and Bring It On Home To Me I didn't think it was actually credited to Sam Cooke. Its cool that they did that but I'm just curious. Thanks y'all :thumbsup:

Sam is credited because the music is pretty much the music Sam wrote for Bring It On Home if they didnt Sam's estate would have a lawsuit

Guest Trotsky

I totally agree, damn I thought I was one of the only ones who thought that song was a highlight song on Tre

I waited so long for the studio version of this song.Now i'm waiting for Dreamcatcher(maybe b-side to X-Kid single) and my life will be complete. :)

Alright, I've listened 3 or 4 times now.

Tre is certainly the best out of the three, and has some ABSOLUTE GEMS.

Brutal Love is breathtaking. It's incredible to see how far this band has gone. The homage to The Beatles, ah this song is incredible. wow.

Really all strong tracks here, though a handful could have been on Uno.

Would have liked to see the band experiment a little since this was the "epic" record, but damn. These songs are so damn catchy and fun.

Deff my favorite of the trilogy, ended on a high note.

Archived