Jesus of Suburbia vs Homecoming - Which 9-minutes song do you prefer?

LifeStream

Which one do you prefer?  

345 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely Homecoming... and here's why: It basically sums up the premise of AI, at the same time slowly building it up into a grand finale. And, as C-Lee said, it gives Mike and Tre shine time, and has one of the best themes I've heard in their music. I loved the hell out of it, and remains my *Second* favorite Green Day song to date.

I'm going to go with Jesus of Suburbia because I don't really like Mike's section in Homecoming very much. Besides that, I love them both.

If Dirty Rotten Bastards will be as good as these both, TRE will be the best one out of three without any question!

I prefer "Homecoming" musically—the guitar work is fantastic, and Billie's voice is just gorgeous—but I think that "Jesus of Suburbia" is without a doubt the better song. Its narrative is more tightly focused (sorry, but "Rock and Roll Girlfriend" ruins the flow of "Homecoming"), it can stand on its own, and I connect to the lyrics on a much deeper level.

Definitely Homecoming... and here's why: It basically sums up the premise of AI, at the same time slowly building it up into a grand finale. And, as C-Lee said, it gives Mike and Tre shine time, and has one of the best themes I've heard in their music. I loved the hell out of it, and remains my *Second* favorite Green Day song to date.

Just curious, what's your first?

I prefer "Homecoming" musically—the guitar work is fantastic, and Billie's voice is just gorgeous—but I think that "Jesus of Suburbia" is without a doubt the better song. Its narrative is more tightly focused (sorry, but "Rock and Roll Girlfriend" ruins the flow of "Homecoming"), it can stand on its own, and I connect to the lyrics on a much deeper level.

I don't see how Rock and Roll Girlfriend ruins the narrative. Isn't that the part where Jesus sees how successful his friends have become and realizes he has to change too? In the booklet it's written like a letter iirc, so I thought it was his friend writing to him about his life. Maybe I've been interpreting that wrong for all these years.

Homecoming is the better of the two imo. Favorite section is either East 12th Street or We're Coming Home Again(before chorus)

My favorite section in JOS is either City Of The Damned or Dearly Beloved

Homecoming is one of the best songs Green Day has ever made.

Jesus of Suburbia is one of the best songs Green Day has ever made.

Hard to choose, but I'm just that small amount more fond of Homecoming.

Favorite section: The Death of St. Jimmy

That part gives me goosebumps whenever I listen to it..

I love both of them equally but I have to choose JoS cause it's one of the first songs I couldn't stop listening to, and I was singing it like 1084835 times a day with my best friends

I prefer Homecoming too, especially because Mike and Tre are singing too :D but I really love all the song :happy:

Jesus Of Suburbia. To me, it describes how I feel almost all of the time. It's the song that instantly cheers me up when I don't feel good, the song that makes me feel like I'm not alone, that there are thousands of people like me in the world. It's more than just a song to me, it's the theme of my life.

I'm not even going to try choosing between those two songs, they're both masterpieces. Trying to choose my favorite between them would probably make my head explode.

Jesus of Suburbia is one of my favourite Green Day songs, but at this moment I have to choose Homecoming probably.. :happy:

Jimmy died today

He blew his brains out into the bay

In the state of mind

It's my own private suicide

DER DER DER DE DER

That's my favourite bit!

That's a difficult choice... I love the first part of Homecoming and I'd choose that over the first part of JOS any day. But as a whole I guess I'd say Jesus of Suburbia... it's close though. :P

why I've to choose between that two?

I'd take American Idiot as the best album I've ever listening to.

If I need to choose I'd vote for JOS

I love JoS, but I'm not really a fan of Homecoming. I don't know, it just doesn't seem as cohesive as JoS, musically or otherwise. It's got some cool parts, but it's altogether more forgettable.

Jesus Of Suburbia without a doubt. It's song perfection, possibly the best lyrics ever and the song has everything. Homecoming is great and all that but it doesn't really come near the epicness and perfection of JoS.

It's really hard to choose, Jesus Of Suburbia is the one that got me into Green Day and punk rock in general this song completely changed my life I've never been the same ever since I heard it, and Homecoming was a song that I immediately loved when I first heard it. But I'll go with Jesus Of Suburbia since it's the one that got me into Green Day.

Archived