¡DOS! Album

Liam

I've been told that some kids are putting Billie Joe Armstrong on the ballots. LOL.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I said whoa oh, I'm out of control

Oh baby, when I see your pretty face

I said whoa oh, God rest your fuckin' soul

love the part... Oh Baby Eyes stuck in my head :wub:

Don't know is it just me, but I really can hear some "My Generation" by The Who on "Wow! That's Loud". Actually, it is pretty The Who -style of song.

Favourites off this album: Stop When the Red Lights Flash, Makeout Party, Ashley, Stray Heart, Baby Eyes, Lady Cobra, Wow That's Loud and Amy.

Somehow can't get myself into Fuck Time very much. I don't know why, but it just doesn't do it for me as an intro. I would've preferred the order to be See You Tonight followed by SWTRLF followed by Fuck Time. Maybe then I would've liked it more but I don't know. I'll give it a few more listens. Wild One is slightly disappointing in my opinion, gotta give it more listens though.

Overall, very good album. Probably better than ¡UNO! at this stage. This would rank as my third favourite album released this year, behind Stone Sour's House of Gold & Bones and Enter Shikari's A Flash Flood of Colour. Great effort though, can't wait to hear ¡TRE! next month

Don't know is it just me, but I really can hear some "My Generation" by The Who on "Wow! That's Loud". Actually, it is pretty The Who -style of song.

Same here :)

Haven't listened to this album all the way through very much. I'm tending to focus on my favourites instead of full plays. Blasting Lazy Bones as soon as I woke up was the best thing ever this morning. :D

my download is just one huge file so its hard for me to listen to individual songs. i like that in a way though because i get the album as a whole and give all the songs a chance to grow on me before i can weed out my favorites when i have the album! :dance:

I haven't caved in on the album, and I hope I don't, because I never caved in on any GD album that ever illegally leaked. I'll admit I caved in on other of my favorites' albums, but I can't imagine doing it with GD, especially Dos!

at least its safe to say that the people on here will actually buy the album too

This sounds like all of the "3 sides of their personalities" (I mean Green Day, The Network and Foxboro Hot Tubs) had an orgy at a party, and the bastard son that was born from that was put on and album with Mike's face and called ¡Dos!. How couldn't it blow our fucking minds? xD

I haven't caved in on the album, and I hope I don't, because I never caved in on any GD album that ever illegally leaked. I'll admit I caved in on other of my favorites' albums, but I can't imagine doing it with GD, especially Dos! So really, I know that I'm missing out, especially after reading what you guys have been saying about the album.
It is easier to justify making an exception here - Tre is very close. That is why I grabbed the leak (well also because I am impatient), it will give yourself enough time to really get inside of DOS before your attention is distracted by Tre.

Just had an awesome idea! You know the instrumental part in Nightlife that starts at 1:40? So they could've made a whole instrumental piece out of that! A bit like Espionage... Wouldn't it be great? :D

Just had an awesome idea! You know the instrumental part in Nightlife that starts at 1:40? So they could've made a whole instrumental piece out of that! A bit like Espionage... Wouldn't it be great? :D

I would just love an instrumental of that song in general. IMO, the vocals (both Billie's and Lady Cobra's) in that song are meh, but my god, that instrumental. MY GOD, THAT BASS LINE.

I've been told that some kids are putting Billie Joe Armstrong on the ballots. LOL.

a bit of a waste of a vote... unless you mean like kids kids, in that case why do they have ballots

Billie said it was an instrumental jam but then he met lady cobra and asked her to put lyrics to it.

It's in one of those magazine articles that was just recently posted here.

My first thought was that that part sounded remarkably like a James Bond theme :D

Seriously? I would rather go with Baby Eyes

both, ashley and baby eyes, are highlights on dos. they bringing back some classic, yet fresh, green day punkrock

I personally think Dos is the best Green Day album to come out since American Idiot. But I think the trilogy as a whole will be really amazing all together.

Surprised by how much I'm digging Amy.

Amy don't you gooOOO

Some of the notes he hits sound terrible though

But I'm still drawn to it. Love the guitar too.

I really wasn't into Baby Eyes the first time I heard it, and I actually felt like Ashley was just filler. Love them both so much now though! I think Baby Eyes is my favourite now (after Stray Heart of course). There actually isn't a single song I think is bad or even meh on this album.

Archived