¡DOS! Album

Liam

if you dont like it you dont like it dont force it if its not feelin natural just listen to the stuff ya like

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if you dont like it you dont like it dont force it if its not feelin natural just listen to the stuff ya like

Well yes, and I do. I listen to the songs I like from it. I just expected more after the quality to match Uno, and it didn't but Tre did

Anybody else think the live version of Amy sounded so much better? The partially muted guitar and lyrics just made that song for me. Plus, Billie's voice live sounds tenfold more emotional.

I think the guitar intro was better in the live version, it's not exactly the same in the studio version.

Gonna put this out there, but Lazy Bones is one of the best songs Green Day has ever written.

Personal favourite on the trilogy :wub:

Gonna put this out there, but Lazy Bones is one of the best songs Green Day has ever written.

My second favorite of the trilogy after the almighty X-Kid :P

I found out today that the album is being sold with no censorship right-fucking-now. And I was the fool who bought it censored last year :mad:

But nevermind, I'll see if I can get it the way it was supposed to be :P

Am I the only one who feels both Lazy Bones and X-Kid are both extremely overrated? I mean, they're good songs, but wouldn't even make my top 5 for their respective albums. Don't get why everyone goes crazy over them.

Am I the only one who feels both Lazy Bones and X-Kid are both extremely overrated? I mean, they're good songs, but wouldn't even make my top 5 for their respective albums. Don't get why everyone goes crazy over them.

tumblr_lm2wv1mFGr1qfc9t2.gif

HA, just kidding.

:P Everyone is entitled to their opinions. I don't understand why Rusty James is so fucking popular. It's just OK.

But seriously X-Kid is so fucking amazing...

:o How can you not feel it?

Dos is just....I WANT to like it, but songs on there are nowhere near what I'd call Green Day standard.

Renamed "Fuck time!" and brought out under Foxboro would be fine. It's got the making of a good album, but just not Green Day. Songs like FT, Makeout Party, and even Nightlife would fit. Songs like Ashley, Lazy Bones, Baby Eyes are all what I'd call good Green Day songs,even Stray Heart and Wild One they have the right sound (I feel).

As an album, it's very inconsistent. It doesn't know if it's Green Day or FoxBoro. Billie even said it was essentially the second FB

I desperately want to like it. Uno and Tre are superb albums and the quality feels like what Green Day should be producing after 20 years. Dos feels like something that should have been between Warning and Idiot.

Also, Amy feels so insincere...he didn't know her, but he's sad she died, but....I dunno. Easily one of the ones I skip, like The forgotten too

I know exactly how you feel. Standouts on this album are good, but low points are very low... I just pick and choose my favorites, usually.

I probably wouldn't say overrated but they definitely don't come into my top 5s, either.

So, I checked the charts of Belgium's biggest rock radio station, and to my surprise Stray Heart is at 3! It's been climbing slowly ever since it was released. Never expected that! Kill the DJ did quite good here as well.

If Green Day were to adopt one of these three albums' sound for future albums (like to mark their new style) I'd love if they used ¡Dos!' style. But I'd prefer a little deeper lyrics from now on. Trilogy lyrics have their own feel, but to me they kinda lack the strenght in the 90s songs and the deep metaphores in AI and 21st CB.

This is very good album. I only dislike the rap in Nightlife. It is weak in my opinion. Other than this it is a good record. My favorites song are Ashley, Lazy Bones, Stray Heart, Wild One, and Wow That's Loud. I have hard times picking favorites, but these are great.

It's ok if you dislike Nightlife, but please stop saying it's weak and/or bad because it's not. It's has an amazing bassline, that marks a good rythm with Tré's drums and makes the song good to dance to, therefore getting that objective Green Day has said to have in some songs of the trilogy, and also fits a lot with the rap parts. Then again, there's the effect in Billie's voice that makes you feel that drugs-alcohol feeling in the song. And then, to add to the sex subject there's Lady Cobra's seductive voice singing that filthy rap. The lyrics in this song perfectly make you realise the situation where the guy's all drunk/high and confused, and then that girl takes advantage of it. So no, it's not a bad song wether you like it or not.

If Green Day were to adopt one of these three albums' sound for future albums (like to mark their new style) I'd love if they used ¡Dos!' style. But I'd prefer a little deeper lyrics from now on. Trilogy lyrics have their own feel, but to me they kinda lack the strenght in the 90s songs and the deep metaphores in AI and 21st CB.

This! I wouldn't complain if they kept doing those standard punk rock songs, but Billie should step up with the lyrics again. I listened to 21st Century Breakdown again, and Christian's Inferno, Murder City and maybe even Horseshoes and Handgrenades are examples of fast and simple punk rock songs but with amazing and deep lyrics. Especially Murder City :wub:

For example I love Makeout Party from the music, but the lyrics are kinda embarassing. I would love the song way more if it had great lyrics, too.

And I think the lack of "strength" is because of the production... Rob Cavallo is awesome but the production didn't have that "kick in the face" :lol: The nice thing about the trilogy's production is that you can hear every instrument clearly, but sadly it loses its punch a bit. Like the "punch" you get in the face when you listen to American Idiot or F.O.D. when the guitars start crashing in. Butch Vig also did it right, listen to Before the Lobotomy when the heavy guitars come in. It's like WHAM! :lol: Songs like Let Yourself Go, Fuck Time and Makeout Party would sound way better if it had that production.

It's ok if you dislike Nightlife, but please stop saying it's weak and/or bad because it's not. It's has an amazing bassline, that marks a good rythm with Tré's drums and makes the song good to dance to, therefore getting that objective Green Day has said to have in some songs of the trilogy, and also fits a lot with the rap parts. Then again, there's the effect in Billie's voice that makes you feel that drugs-alcohol feeling in the song. And then, to add to the sex subject there's Lady Cobra's seductive voice singing that filthy rap. The lyrics in this song perfectly make you realise the situation where the guy's all drunk/high and confused, and then that girl takes advantage of it. So no, it's not a bad song wether you like it or not.

I don't dislike Nightlife. I just think Lady Cobra's rap part is weak. I'm allowed my opinion as you are yours.

I remember folks kept sayin how GD needs Rob back during the 21st period now he's back and it's "they need a new producer"

I still think the trilogy has been a success Out of 37 songs I only dislike a handful. Dos has actually improved, it's still not Uno or Tre quality, but I've just listened to the trilogy as a playlist Nuclear Family-The Forgotten and it's really good.

I don't dislike Nightlife. I just think Lady Cobra's rap part is weak. I'm allowed my opinion as you are yours.

But it's just not weak. It accomplishes its objective perfectly well. You cvan dislike it, but it's not weak. Assuming weak is something that is simply not good.

But it's just not weak. It accomplishes its objective perfectly well. You cvan dislike it, but it's not weak. Assuming weak is something that is simply not good.

when-a-website-tells-you-youre-already-a

Personally I really enjoy Lazy Bones. Baby Eyes, and Wow! That's Loud! In my opinion Ithink they have strong lyrics and I particularly enjoy the guitar and drum arrangements.

I think it is very interesting that people think Dos is Foxboro 2. I honestly think that Billie did a poor job pitching this album. Yes I hear some Foxboro influences, and I hear some garage influences as well, but in my opinion it is the most varied album (and best of the Trilogy. The only two songs I dislike on this album are Fuck Time and SWTRLF. I agree with many critics who have said that Fuck Time is not nearly as fun as it wants to be, in fact it is quite dark sounding. I understand why it is needed to create the part vibe but I wish they kept this a live-only song. SWTRLF is just very blah to me. I hope it doesn't become a live staple. I really enjoy the rest of the record though.

The folk of See You Tonight, the alt-rock of lazy bones and wild one (awesome harmonies), the pop of Stray Heart, the blues of Amy, the pop-punk of Ashley, the garage of Lady Cobra, Makeout Party and Wow! That's Loud and the rap of Nightlife make for an interesting mix of many genres.

I do think that Dos has its shortcomings, the songs don't have a great flow as they do on Uno, and some of the lyrics are a bit weak, and despite being billed as garage rock, it sounds nothing like a raw record, but I still think its a pretty great collection of songs. Although only Nightlife really experiments, I think that Dos shows the band stretching their boundaries in some new directions.

In response to the many people who say Stray Heart sticks out, I actually feel like its one of the few songs that feels Foxboro-ish on the record as the bounce of the verse reminds me quite a bit of Mother Mary. It does feel like it interrupts the flow, but Drama Queen would have felt much weirder than Stray Heart in this spot on Dos.

This is my defense of Dos, it is actually the only one I have been listening to for a while, I tend to just pick some songs from the other ones, I do Really enjoy the Trilogy, I just burnt myself out of Uno and dislike a few too many songs on Tre to listen to it front to back. I understand that everyone differs in opinions, but Dos gets so much hate that I felt the need to stick up for it. :happy:

Yeah I think Lazy Bones is overrated, nothing special with that one if you'd ask me.

I'm confused to why some people hate Nightlife too. I think it's a great song. Just because Green Day did something different doesn't make it horrible. But that's just my opinion. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. Doesn't mean I can't be confused about it though!

:)

I go back to Stop When The Red Lights Flash, Fuck Time, and Wow! That's Loud the most these days.

Archived