Press Release: December tour canceled; Jan & Feb dates postponed

jtdscape

Of course I'm a bit disappointed that my show is being postponed. But if I'm being honest with myself, I definitely saw this coming, and in all honesty, I'm happy the band isn't trying to rush things. I'm glad Billie has time to do what he needs to get better, and I'll still be there when they reschedule.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mike said that Billie's doing well so I think it's okay to discuss about other things.

Billie Joe come first , he is not fully recovered !

I'm sorry for all the american fans who have bought the tickets to see the shows.

Anyways, Billie's health comes first, and is good to hear that he's doing well, he needs to take all the time he needs to come back.

And I must say that I'm glad to get Tré earlier, it is a nice gesture to counter this difficult situation

Yes , you are right ;) !

Glad that Tré is being released earlier, then you can appreciate the albums to its fullest earlier and not just think about the upcoming one (even though it's good to look forward to stuff). Also good to hear that Billie Joe is doing well and they don't rush. But sad for everyone that were going to these concerts.

My eyes actually welled up when I saw this, even though I knew it was inevitable.

I wish I could send them my support.

This is a little off topic but isn't New Jersey and stuff getting hit by like a really strong storm and stuff

I created a new topic for ¡Tré! release date change. Please use it to talk about that bit of news

Please use this thread to just talk about tour changes.

Fuck. I was hoping my concert wouldnt get cancelled, at least it's just postponed. Hope the resceduled date works for me :(

This is a little off topic but isn't New Jersey and stuff getting hit by like a really strong storm and stuff

Yes

I have a question guys. The show that I was going to was planned on January. Since it's postponed, do I have to buy a new one or they will just change the date on the tickets?

Thank you

I have a question guys. The show that I was going to was planned on January. Since it's postponed, do I have to buy a new one or they will just change the date on the tickets?

Thank you

It says that current tickets will be accepted, so you dont have to.

Unless their record company wants to turn the thing into a "Where's Billie Joe?" obsessive and repetitive loop with a commercial purpose, I've got to say I did was skeptical, but I'm beginning to think that's true.

They moved Tre because the world is ending. :lol:

No, but i really feel sorry for the american fans who were going to these shows.

Get well soon, Billie

well..i know what ill be doing when we reached the 7th Dec ^^ 24/7 UNO-DOS-TRÉ-marathon :D 37 songs from front to back..~2hours duration=12 times possible to do this in one single day :D

I have mixed feelings on the change of date of ¡Tré! Of course it's awesome that were getting it sooner than before but it just feels out of place when its September, then November then December, i dunno :huh: And now they have to go and redo all the ads that say 1/15 to 12/11 and like in the youtube videos they can take those out so people might get confused! And are the people who have the box set gonna get it on 12/11 or what (I'm guessing they'll probably get it on december 11th). oh well still happy either way! :yay::runaround::dance:

P.S. Get Well Soon Billie!!! :D

well..i know what ill be doing when we reached the 7th Dec ^^ 24/7 UNO-DOS-TRÉ-marathon :D 37 songs from front to back..~2hours duration=12 times possible to do this in one single day :D

The Trilogy isn't that good

It's really for the best.

Billie Joe is getting better and we get ¡Tre! a month earlier.

I don't mind if the shows are post-poned because I'd rather have a great, kick-ass show, then a so-so one.

I am beyond pissed off.

Don't get me wrong, I want Billie to get better more than anything.

but POSTPONING is the stupidest thing they could've done. I want my money back!

I spent $300 on this tour because I knew I'd have off from school.

If they postpone it instead of canceling, refunding, and then rescheduling, that means there will be a lot of people who won't get their money back even though they can't go.

Billie, take your time on getting better.

but please please PLEASE consider on us giving our money back if we can't make the new dates.

I can only speak for myself, but I know that my disappointment over this is not meant as a way to blame or be angry at Billie. While Billie's issues may have lead to all of this, that doesn't mean that I am mad at Billie, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. I'm sure the band is bummed about canceling and postponing these dates, so it's unreasonable to expect that we aren't upset, either. But, expressing our disappointment doesn't mean that we're angry at Billie and the band. I can be angry about my show being postponed while also wishing for the best for Billie. So, please don't act like we're horrible people for being upset. Now, if I said something like "BILLIE JOE SUCKS HE'S MAKING ME MISS A SHOW!" then, yeah, that's dickish. But please don't hold it against us for being upset about this, no matter why it came about. Some of us are more upset than others, but that doesn't mean we're trying to lessen Billie's issues.

I agree. I don't think I'm being selfish. I'm concerned about Billie's health and I want him to get better, however it doesn't change the fact that I was really excited about the upcoming concerts. I was already planning my trip to Illinois and everything. Oh well. I'll just have to accept it and move on.

I really hope Billie gets better as soon as possible, and I'm happy that he's getting medical treatment.

I am beyond pissed off.

Don't get me wrong, I want Billie to get better more than anything.

but POSTPONING is the stupidest thing they could've done. I want my money back!

I spent $300 on this tour because I knew I'd have off from school.

If they postpone it instead of canceling, refunding, and then rescheduling, that means there will be a lot of people who won't get their money back even though they can't go.

Billie, take your time on getting better.

but please please PLEASE consider on us giving our money back if we can't make the new dates.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think you can still get a refund once the show is postponed. I think that's what happened for shows scheduled in September and October

The Trilogy isn't that good

uno is in my top3 gd albums :D

OT: to bad they have to cancel the 'more intimitate' shows in the theaters :D

I'm not 100% sure, but I think you can still get a refund once the show is postponed. I think that's what happened for shows scheduled in September and October

I would be very happy if they show us the dates first and then if we can't go, honor our refunds. That'd be very nice. Hopefully they'll do it.

OK here's my thoughts on the matter.

As many of you have already pointed out, there's no denying that Billie's health is the top priority here. His focus now is to get it together and get well before worrying about the tour and album promotions. I'll wait as long as possible for BJ to get well because his health is much more important than my desire to see him live. I'm not really saddened by the fact that the shows were canceled since they weren't scheduled to play close to where I live (I was initially disappointed that a date in Cincinnati or Louisville, KY wasn't announced because I'm very close to both cities). I do, however sympathize with all the disappointed fans who had already bought tickets and were anxious to see their favorite band live. I have mixed feelings about Tre being moved earlier. Sure it's nice to get the album earlier, but it seems a little too soon to release it a month after Dos. There needs to be time to you know "absorb" or take Dos in if you will.

Billie's whole rehab incident reminded me of Eddie Van Halen's rehab incident. EVH was drinking WAAAAAAAY too much, which led to alcoholism and terrible playing live. He checked into rehab, gradually recovered over time and now is at the top of his game playing unbelievably well with Van Halen. I saw VH in the winter and Eddie looked very healthy (more than he did in years) and his playing was absolutely fantastic.

So anyway, my prediction is Billie will proceed through rehab and return to the spotlight at the top of his game with Green Day playing the live shows they've been known for better than ever.

Didn't they cancel a tour once during the Insomniac era?

I'm pretty sure they cancelled dates during Warning era, not sure about Insomniac, but either way, short answer is "yes, they have done it before."

I think we all knew in the back of our minds that this was coming...BUT I'd rather have Billie take his time to get ready than have to be pressured to be ready by these tour dates. AND at least all the guys get to spend ALL of the holidays with their families! :) And I think that is absolutely wonderful! They deserve it!!

That's a nice way to look at it :)

Also, I'm not sure if I believe the whole releasing Tré early to "make up for cancelled tour dates". I think Warner just wants to get the trilogy over and done with, but maybe that's just me.

I'm like 90% positive that moving the album up was Warner's decision, BUT that doesn't mean what Tre said isn't true. The cancellation of the tour was probably a huge factor in their decision to move the release date. WBR is a business, after all, and businesses want to make money *and* keep their customers happy. Giving your customer something to make up for something that went wrong is Customer Service 101.

You can't help shit going wonky sometimes, but you can do stuff to appease the people affected, so they don't bite your head off. :P

My limited understanding is that Billie started drinking again around the time that American Idiot on Broadway was wrapping up in NYC. It's complete speculation as to whether that led to other substance abuse as well, but regardless, one thing has got to be clear to his mates and family now: Never, ever, ever leave Billie Joe Armstrong alone with his thoughts in New York (remember, his D.U.I. in 2003 came after he returned from a few months alone in NYC, even though that time led him to write BOBD which eventually led to American Idiot -- see a pattern?) He epitomizes the statement that "idle hands are the Devi's playground" -- and there's just way too much temptation there for someone with a history of addiction and substance abuse. Trouble will find him, and then St. Jimmy comes roaring back from out of the woodwork.

Anyway, if that timeframe is true, it's more likely than not that he'd have been pretty juiced in the studio. Again, they're a family with an alcoholic brother -- you make do, explain away, cover as best you can....until you can't anymore. Then it's time to get help...and they're all damn lucky that there was still time enough for that.

I just feel the need to say here that Billie Joe *wasn't* alone for the entire two months he was in AI. He had one week off each month for him to go back home with his family, and Adrienne and the kids took turns flying out to NYC to visit him during the other weeks, as well. I remember Mike and Tre stopping by too, at points, and many of the cast and crew have become friendly with the band (but especially with Billie). NYC is definitely a city full of temptations, but the scenario then was very different than the self-imposed isolation of the pre-AI period.

I have a strong feeling that Warner is done with Green Day.

This is just laughable.

I would be very happy if they show us the dates first and then if we can't go, honor our refunds. That'd be very nice. Hopefully they'll do it.

Exactly! At least let us know what dates the shows will be moved to so ticketholders can plan ahead.

I agree. If the concerts get postponed to March/April/May/June I probably won't be able to attend.

I agree. If the concerts get postponed to March/April/May/June I probably won't be able to attend.

Exactly. I was so happy when they planned the tour for my winter break. That's why I planned on going out of state. but if they don't postpone it until at least the summer, I won't be able to go to any, except the one in NYC because I can easily get there after class.

I'm not complaining about being only able to go to one show, because I know people who can't go to any, but if I paid for the other three shows I was planning on going to, and I can't go, well, I just paid $300 for one show! :ermm:

Archived