Stop When The Red Lights Flash - Studio Version

Breakdown_EE

What are you talking about? Nothing I said was a joke....... but you can take it that way if you want.

Oh. You're making this awkward!! That's not what I meant!

"It's too long! It's too short! It's too average-lengthed!" :P

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To those who aren't finding enough 'energy' in the song: play it as loud as you can on speakers. MAXIMUM ENERGY.

The kind of song you listen to while driving and then you realize you drive waayyyy too fast. I FUCKING LOVE IT!!!!!!

I like it. And do not agree that it's "slower" than the live versiones, the ones I've heard sound the same pace as the studio version, but that's just me. I found it really catchy and energetic, you just have to be at the right place.

Maybe this is just me but does the intro guitar kind of sound like the "I don't Care" section from Jesus of Suburbia..or is that just me imaging things?

ANYWAY..

It seems like people either really or really don't like the song.

I think it's great!

And I haven't listened to the live version, but I thought this version was relatively fast! By the other posts in this thread it seems like this was going to be like "Oh Love" speed. But I thought it had a LOT of energy! This makes me excited for the album, though.

Green Day NEVER disappoints (:

Love it :wub:. And I think it has PLENTY of energy! Takes me right back to that sweaty Shepherds Bush pit.

I don't see why people are complaining that this is slow .... If it was faster the song would only last 1 mintue 50 seconds ( or something like that ) which would lead to people complaining that it is too short :lol:

It seems like as if this song is gonna be what kill the dj was on Uno; very repetitive and catchy.

I'd compare it more to Let Yourself Go.

It seems like as if this song is gonna be what kill the dj was on Uno; very repetitive and catchy.

They are both repetitive and catchy, but other than that they are worlds apart.

I guess you can compare it to Let Yourself Go. I picked kill the dj because it really doesn't have a meaning and this new song doesn't really have a meaning either. They're both just catchy and repetitive.

I don't know about this one just yet. I need to listen to it a few times to get the full effect. So far I like Stray Heart a lot, and fuck time is already a favorite of mine. Really can't wait for 99 revolutions... I think that's gonna become a Green Day "play at every tour" song. What do you guys think?

What the hell are you talking about? I said that I think the production is a little sluggish sounding to me, and that I hoped they would include that little solo during the palm muting that's in the live version. It gave the song a little "something-something".

ummm...

I don't know if its just me, but a lot of these songs sound like the band just try to get through them as quickly as possible, not letting them really expand and become something more, like they do in the live setting. Almost like they're trying to get the song finished at a set time. It really hurts them.

They are both repetitive and catchy, but other than that they are worlds apart.

Yeah i know, they don't have a relation to each other. I was just comparing the two songs position on the album

Please stop bitching about it being slow....

As a musician, one of the first things I was told is how much faster bands play live (like up to 15-20% faster). Adrenaline and what-not...

Fucking Amazing. With the way these new songs are going Dos is gonna be even better than UNO... If that's possible.

i respect everyones opinion about the song.. but damn, will anything ever be good enough for some of you? some of the people here complained about EVERY song/single that was released. i don't know if it's because of how different everything is or what. some of you here would bitch if you were hung with a new rope. open your mind up a little bit.

Yeah i know, they don't have a relation to each other. I was just comparing the two songs position on the album

To me, the obvious comparison is between Kill the DJ and Nightlife. Also Kill the DJ is leaking meaning. Like, out the ass.

boring, boring, boring. skip track. nice start, you expect a fast punk song and then its just a slow non melody annoying song.

Archived