Green Day Instagram Photos

Fuzz

Billie, this is not the face of "having fun with guitar remixes".
this is the face of "I had fun once and it was terrible but at least I've got a semi-stache"

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Billie looks so sexy in this new picture!:eyebrows:

Theyre pretty good, the singer sounds like Billie

this is related to instagram pics...how...?

this is related to instagram pics...how...?

Maybe it was meant for the Green Day news thread.

Tre is commenting back!! On the deer photo

Fan #1. Did you ride it

Tre: your mom?

Fan #2. Do you ever think about how they do it?

Tre: They get buck wild.

1.) There is a secret Rolling Stones show at a tiny tiny venue like the Echoplex?! :blink:

2.) Mike is there?!

I am loving the fact that all three of them are having different kinds of fun on their time off and they are sharing it with us too :3

I wonder what kind of remix they're having fun with...maybe going for a different sound? Makes me wonder if they'll release some or all of the trilogy songs with less production?

I really got the feeling from the comment Billie made in the RS article that if he could go back and record them with a more live sound...he would at least consider it.

Something tells me that it'll only be some of the popular titles, i.e. Oh Love.

Something tells me that it'll only be some of the popular titles, i.e. Oh Love.

Hey, that'd still be great to hear!

A part of me is bothered by the fact that they're doing remixes (or maybe it's just Billie... since Mike is in LA...) ... it's almost as if he's unhappy with the way they recorded the albums i.e. has regrets, second thoughts, etc. I know it can also just be a positive thing, improving, continued experimentation, but I kind of feel like he's unhappy with the originals.

The famous Mike Dirnt pose. Seriously, in every picture of him in this era I've seen, it's that pose.

A part of me is bothered by the fact that they're doing remixes (or maybe it's just Billie... since Mike is in LA...) ... it's almost as if he's unhappy with the way they recorded the albums i.e. has regrets, second thoughts, etc. I know it can also just be a positive thing, improving, continued experimentation, but I kind of feel like he's unhappy with the originals.

It would make sense, as he said he loves 'shitty sounding recordings', and obviously a large portion of the trilogy is anything but. The part from Cuatro where they're talking about the new sound, and he mentions it's fucking with his head, that could be interpreted as him maybe having reservations about the cleanness of the tracks.

I don't see it as a bad thing though, if anything I got really excited when I saw the photo, and the idea of hearing some of these songs with more distortion, rawness, etc.

Even in the Rolling Stone article he talks about how he wishes they just recorded the trilogy live in a room together, so yeah, I'd say he's not totally happy with how it came out. I think it's just that he put so much into the actual songs that the production was kind of an afterthought.

And personally, I agree with him. I'd love to hear how they wanted the guitars to sound.

I would certainly like to hear remixes of songs like Carpe Diem, but I'd rather have the band keep that low-fi mindset for the future, rather than the past. With Dookie's 20th anniversary coming up, it would be great to hear a return to how they sounded back then.

johnny depp was there too :lol:

Owen Wilson, Bruce Willis, Sonny Moore (Skrillex), and members of No Doubt were there too!

Archived