Bruno Mars on SNL doing Green Day

Jet Taman

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SOMEONE KILL ME NOW MY HEART CANNOT TAKE THIS LIKE DYING DEAD BURIED EVERYTHING IS PERFECT AND NOTHING HURTS FUCKING GREEN DAY AND FUCKING SNL

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN MY FANDOMS COLLIDE I DIE OF JOY I CAN'T CONTROL THE CAPS

And I must say it was terrible. He WAAAAYYY overdid the whole "Billie sounds like he's trying to sound British" thing (which I never understood)

I remember when Jimmy Fallon did an impression of Billie, and it was very funny :P

I have no idea about this though :P

Um OK why couldn't my bb Sudsy sing more Green Day, too? Because I would have just LOST IT. More than I already am.

And guys remember when this happened in April? When the cast sang Good Riddance?

http://www.dailymoti...od-riddance_fun

I JUST HAVE A LOT OF FEELINGS ABOUT GREEN DAY AND SNL YOU GUYS

I was in another room and was like 'Who the hell is butchering Green Day?!'. My mom on the other hand was laughing her ass off. :dry:

His MJ impression was great, though!

Bruno Mars........ you're alright with me.

I mean, yeah, he was wayyyyy over the top, but he also did Steven Tyler pretty over the top, same with MJ, and he didn't even try with Katy Perry (he just kinda sang it in his regular voice). He also could've done that BJ impression much worse.

Green Day should've been cancelled when Tina Fey left.

And that is my contribution to this thread.

Wow, you hated 21CB that much, huh? ;)

Ugh Tumblr is disappointing me I still haven't found video

And I must say it was terrible. He WAAAAYYY overdid the whole "Billie sounds like he's trying to sound British" thing (which I never understood)

I haven't seen the clip yet, but given how completely ignorant people are, it's quite possible he actually thought Billie was British :lol:

But seriously, I never thought of Billie as *trying* to sound that way. He just sucks at enunciating when he sings. And his speaking voice is all California nasal. It's just the way he sounds, people!

LOL wut? :lol:

This is what happens when I type while significantly buzzed.

God, you guys, it's so obvious, at least to me, that the writers seem to enjoy GD. I just want the band to go back on the show again for appearance No. 4 :( maybe they can play Jan. 5, before the 2013 dates begin. I'll hold out hope for that! :lol:

Holy shit! That was fucking awesome! Yeah, the Billie impression was way over the top, but it was funny! All the other ones were hilarious too!

Yeah, it wasn't anything negative towards the band. He was just supposed to sing Basketcase like Billie, and obviously he exaggerated it.

I actually thought the whole segment was good, he has a really nice voice.

Archived