What's your favorite song off ¡Uno!

Fuzz

Favorite Song On ¡Uno!  

341 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Angel Blue, because it's the only song on the album that I can listen to a couple times in a row without getting bored. Plus, that guitar melody thing is stuck in my head all the time and I love it.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went for Troublemaker, but I also love Rusty James and Sweet 16.

Went with Rusty James. The chorus is really significant to me at this point in time. It makes me all nostalgic. I love singing the chorus at the top of my voice :)

I don't really have a favorite, though, I'll have t choose Loss Of Control cause it's just so damn true. Also Nuclear Family cause it's catchy and I've got a huge love for bass;) Well, maybe Trouble Maker to, it just makes me happy, just like all of them... Also every other song on the album cause as I said, I can't choose:/ Forgot Kill The DJ, geez, this is so hard. Still Loss Of Control, I feel bad for all the other songs, I love them all so much:(

Stay the Night. Musically, it's a "complete" song. "Complete" meaning that is has a beginning, a buildup, a release and a definite ending. Seeing the song performed live, I was expecting it to have a fade-out ending, leaving it without a conclusion. I'm happy to say that I was proven wrong, and the badass fanfare is there on the album version, too.

Lyrically, it's got some of Billie Joe's famous wordplay going on it: "I wanna know if you're the one that got away, even though it was never meant to be". It's not Jesus of Suburbia or anything, but the simplicity of the lyrics play well against the depth that's really there if you listen closely enough. The last song GD did this with that I can think of off the top of my head is Maria, which, not coincidentally, is another of my favorite GD songs.

And then there's just the epic feel of it. To me, it feels like the solo guitar intro could be played as the beginning of an encore, or as a low-key follow-up to Good Riddance. The overall theme of the song has this great "epic closer" vibe to it as well: "I don't wanna say goodbye". This song needs to, at a minimum, replace Minority on all Green Day setlists from now until the end of time. Within the context of the trilogy, though, it fits perfectly as a very early song. "Stay the night" and listen to the rest of what's there.

I think if any one song off of Uno really defines the abum for it, it's Stay the Night. Subtle brilliance.

I do not understand the appeal of Sweet 16 or Rusty James. Both are decent songs, but I don't consider them anything that special. I like Rusty James more though.

Rusty James is just a fun song, and the meaning of it adds a lot. Sweet 16 is just catchy as hell. It's got that '60s bubblegum pop vibe to it. I could see it as a Beatles song, tbqh, and I could also see a girl band from the '60s singing it. It's just a cute, fun song with a nice tune behind it.

say heeeeyhoooo.. i gotta go with Stay The Night :wub:

btw, i think Oh Love is the best live song!

Just till Fuck Time is released :lol:

Such a hard choice. I love every single song on the album.... I can name some specific parts that stand out for each song. Like the "Babe-babe-baby it's a blowout" in Nuclear Family, or the "Your heart can't even break when it doesn't even pound" in Rusty James. I love the "Oh" in the end of the bridge of Stay The Night, and Billie's beautiful flitting in and out of falsetto on Sweet 16.

So here's my top 3:

#1: Oh Love - I've adored this song since I heard the Red7 recording from last year. Everything about this song makes me happy. The classic rock sound (it reminds me of Muddy Waters, Chicago blues rock), the stoptime feel, the uplifting celtic-sounding sing-along chorus. The lyrics are brilliant too - poetic yet not too abstract. And Billie's vocals are flawless. I LOVE Oh Love so much! I can't get enough of it! :wub:

#2: Kill The DJ - this song is epic in a totally different way. So dance-y and smooth and sexy. I love the thought-provoking lyrics of Christianity and culture wars and everything, and the ironic paring with the clubby music. And the song is so funky and jivin' and fun - ahh I love it. VERY close second to Oh Love.

#3: Troublemaker - it's just so hilarious and naughty! :lol: I like the word play and the riffy tune. And the lyrics just make me laugh. Like Hermione said, it's like a perfect mix of Network and Foxboro, and I love that.

Hmm. After that I really love Sweet 16... and Stay The Night... and Fell For You... all of them, really.

Bottom two are Let Yourself Go and Loss Of Control. But they're both good too. Actually, there's only one part in the whole record that I really don't like - how Billie sings "trying to find my better angels" in Angel Blue. Just his voice doesn't sound so good on that line.... no me gusta.

I was discussing this with my little brother while listening to Uno, still have no idea. "I love Nuclear Family, and Troublemaker and Loss of Control and Rusty James. Oh, and Carpe Diem. And Let Yourself Go. And Kill The DJ" "So basically all of them" "Yeah, pretty much" :lol:

Ugggggghhhh. Rusty James or Nuclear Family? Or? Or? No, I can't choose.

It was difficult to choose! I hesitated between Stay the Night and Carpe Diem, but I finally choose Stay the Night... I love the beginning of that song! :happy:

I don't feel as though I can accurately vote yet. I need to let Uno sink in before I can confidently choose a favorite. But Stay the Night is absolutely lovely. Not only is it unfairly catchy, but you can really feel the band's emotions. Mike, Tre, Billie, and Jason are all playing like they mean it. I adore Sweet 16 because the lyrics are sugary, but not to the point of diabetes. Plus I've always been a sucker for falsetto. Kill the DJ is rad because, like Kelsey said, you just want to strut down the street like you own the world. Additionally, the guitar sound evokes California surf culture. You can tell Billie's been hitting the waves.

Troublemaker! The lyrics are killer line after killer line, clever and hilarious and sung with a delicious snarl. "I like your BMXcellent tits" :lol: and "I wanna get inside of you" :eyebrows: are two favourites, and the almost rap-like last verse is pretty much the most badass thing I've ever heard, especially "I wouldn't say I'm straight 'cause I'm bent out of shape". Music wise it's both Network-y AND Foxboro-y which is awesome, with the chorus reminding me a lot of Alligator which can only be a good thing. It's retro and weird and funky. And the guitar solo! Oh my :wub:, it's freaky and fabulous and I think it must be my favourite Green Day guitar solo of all time. I love the leery "Hey!"'s, I love the "woo-oo-oo"'s. I love every single little thing about this song.

I also LOVE Kill The DJ, Loss Of Control, Let Yourself Go and Fell For You. But it pains me not to list more because there really isn't a song on this album that I don't love.

You said everything I wanted to bring up about Troublemaker. "Freaky and fabulous" is a wonderful way to describe it. I'm always excited for them to reach the rap-like bridge, as "I wouldn't say I'm straight 'cause I'm bent out of shape" is one of the most delightful lines from Uno. Honestly, I just want to rent a convertible, put on some sunglasses, and cruise around with this song blasting into the wind.

I don't even have that song on my iTunes. Lol I never ever liked this song. I tried. But nope.

At first I didn't like it too but the more I listen I'm finding it a good song

I picked Fell For You, but Let Yourself Go and Oh love are a close second and third for me. :happy:

I'm starting to warm up to Troublemaker a little, but I'm still not that much into it. Funny song though, the lyrics and the way Billie says "Hey" crack me up. :lol:

i have no idea what to chose. i love all of the songs so much.. I really love Rusty James, Sweet 16.. all of them o.o

and yes, Oh Love is one of my favorites, actually.

Angel Blue, the solo just seems so happy and it's fucking fun to play on guitar, Stay the Night a close second. XD

I particularly love Loss of Control and Angel Blue, but I think Let Yourself Go is my overall favourite so far, literally can't get enough of it.

Though I think I'll have to go back and re-evaluate my opinion of Rusty James, seeing as so many have voted for it! :blink:

Archived