Alanis Morissette covers "Basket Case"

pdx2ord

As badass as Alanis Morissette is (I mean, she's God ffs), I'm not a fan of a slowed-down Basket Case. Just feels like it drags on too much. Really a nice gesture from her, though.

Also, and I'm a horrible person for this, I will never be able to listen to Basket Case again without hearing, "Grasping to--ah fuck it."

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As badass as Alanis Morissette is (I mean, she's God ffs), I'm not a fan of a slowed-down Basket Case. Just feels like it drags on too much. Really a nice gesture from her, though.

Also, and I'm a horrible person for this, I will never be able to listen to Basket Case again without hearing, "Grasping to--ah fuck it."

Yes, you are a horrible person for that. *coughs*

Although it was a little slow (Probably 'cause I'm just not used to hearing it that way), I think it was beautifully done. What a classy and touching thing for her to do. She could've played one of her own songs from her new album, but instead played one for Billie Joe.

Did she replace Green Day on Kimmel? Was she scheduled, too?

Although it was a little slow (Probably 'cause I'm just not used to hearing it that way), I think it was beautifully done. What a classy and touching thing for her to do. She could've played one of her own songs from her new album, but instead played one for Billie Joe.

Did she replace Green Day on Kimmel? Was she scheduled, too?

Pretty sure she was the replacement.

Always a big fan of her, now even bigger - good job on her part. Really gave the song new life and showed support for Billie at the same time!

It's a great cover, but it would have been better if she had done it a bit faster. :P

Really nice of her to do that, though. :wub:

Pretty sure she was the replacement.

Yeah, I thought so, but wasn't sure. It makes me feel so good that BJ and Green Day are getting support all over the place, including peers. :)

Yeah, I thought so, but wasn't sure. It makes me feel so good that BJ and Green Day are getting support all over the place, including peers. :)

Yeah, for sure.

It's hearbreaking to watch, though.

I really liked this - big respect to her. Whilst I obviously love the original a million times more, i think this cover really brings out the lyrics

Now all i want to do is listen to the original - and i shall!

I think that was really nice of her. :) I didn't really like the cover much, but she did sound good and it was nice anyway.

Showing Avril Lavigne how its done

I think Green Day must be a very hard band to cover... Nobody seems to really pull it off

(I don't mind Alanis' cover though)

What an incredibly sweet thing for her to do (even moreso now that I know she was the replacement), when she could have easy taken the time to play another of her new songs. I don't normally like acousitc covers, especially of faster songs, but this was really beautiful. And the 'love you Billie Joe' made me a bit teary.

As badass as Alanis Morissette is (I mean, she's God ffs)

Nice reference. ;)

It's refreshing to have such an original cover of a classic . It gives the song an entirely new meaning and tone. Love it. :happy:

She's very talented and this was great of her to do. Though I don't think anyone will ever be able to cover Green Day successfully.

She delivered that with a shocking amount of emotion. It felt like I was watching a funeral. Thankfully I was not.

Archived