Alanis Morissette covers "Basket Case"

pdx2ord

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just going to post this :)

I don't really like that cover but I think she did a great job, and it's cool that she did it.

She did? How sweet!

I think it was pretty cool of her even though I'm not spectacularly fond of her cover, it's still pretty good and ... well it makes me happy/sad.

What an unexpected show of support from someone IMO completely random!

If you think about it it is maybe not that strange, they both became popular in the 90s and have some iconic angry/punchy songs for the decade.

I was watching Kimmel last night and he mentioned BJ's meltdown and then made a fake sign of the "1 Minutes" thing lol

It said something about getting better.

That's a really sweet way to show her support, she could have done one of her songs but decided to do this cover, great!

She did a really good job i just think it was the wrong song. Its hard to make "or am i just stoned" sound sweet and lovely. BUT! I'm so happy she did it and the i love you Billie joe at the end made me go awwww. finally some support for our man, it's pretty scarce in the media

Even though I don't like this version, it's a really lovely gesture by her to show her support for BJ. She's got my respect for that!

I love acoustic covers, I think the meaning of the song is more powerful like that

I saw this and loved it. I was a huge fan of her album "Jagged Little Pill" when it came out back in 94/95. I HIGHLY recommend listening to it if you haven't heard it. It would not surprise me at all if her and the band are friends. Very sweet of her to do.

Loved it. This is a bit weird, but for me it's actually easier relate to the song when Billie's not singing it. It might be because when I listen to the original version, I always think about what a killer track it is and how great it is live. This version made me reflect more about the actual lyrics.

We love you Billie Joe.

I really enjoyed that. Beautiful. And I usually don't enjoy any covers. I did really wear out her Jagged Little Pill album around the same time I got Dookie too. She's great, and that album is so good! :)

What a beautiful cover, such a nice gesture from Alanis, especially the "love you Billie Joe" at the end.

Archived