Billie getting treatment for substance abuse.

Jaddedkitten

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow.

I'm chosing to believe that by substances they mean alcohol. I really don't think that at this point in his life he'd be doing drugs, I don't think his wife would allow it or his children would be affected by it. But that's just what I think :P ... He's the only one that really knows what's going on.

Also, kinda sucks they apologized for the rant. What's done is done and I still don't think it was offensive or embarrassing. It's not like he does it at every show.

So yeah, wishing nothing but the best for Billie.

Damn. Just wow. I really don't know what else to say except I really hope he gets better and I'm sure he'll bounce back, he's a tough guy. :(

If this is true, then this is really stupid.

If I went to this concert and they only played for 25 minutes because Usher or whoever ran over. I would be really mad. These tickets were expensive, people payed to see Green Day and they get cut off. His outburst was really no big deal. I understand it was a little outrageous, but I would probably do the same. People need to calm down. Rock stars smash their instruments all the time, and now it's a big deal? Lay off.

He's an adult, he didn't hurt anyone, please, calm down.

How the hell is it stupid? Reread what you just wrote... It seems to be now they were pulled off by management or someone who knew something wasnt quiet right with Billie. Hes getting freaking treatment for christ sakes its got nothing to do with th whole Usher shit we thought it was. :dry:

Ugh, it's on TMZ now. Like you guys said, I'm thinking its for alcohol, not drugs, but who knows. To be honest, something seemed off about for this era, so far. I don't know what it was, but he just seemed off of his game, even before the incident in Bologna.

Again, hope all is well with him. At least he has the balls to go to a help center, that's a huge step in the right direction.

Alcohol is a drug, and from a medical standpoint an alcoholic is no better off or functional than a "complete junkie."

You don't need to tell me that. Alcoholism is a very serious problem that I take very seriously.

And it's complete officially. It's up on GD.com.

I'm glad he's seeking treatment and I sincerely hope that rehab is successful for him. I think he made the right decision to get help, and it's quite a courageous move since it's hard admitting that you need help.

I wish him the best.

Edit:

By the way, what makes alcohol addiction any better than drug addiction?

Both alcohol and hard drugs severely affect the individual who takes them and the individual's family and friends. There's no stating that one addiction is "better" than the other, so please... just stop.

If Justin Bieber had pulled this crap it wouldn't have been such a big deal...

I'm pretty sure it'd be a hell of a lot bigger.

This is really gonna throw of the promotion for the trilogy so I think that really staples how serious his state must be...

I was one of those people saying that I thought his antics were hilarious on Friday, and they were. I also made a point of saying that I'd be disappointed if it became a trend, rather than the exception. It's clear that he felt (and maybe his friends and family) that he had a problem and has to deal with it. That's not funny in anyway and just because someone does something funny while fucked up isn't encouragement for them to continue doing something that could hurt them.

Okay but I'm not saying it's funny that Billie Joe is getting fucked up or drunk all the time, I am just saying that to me, the rant remains funny regardless of whatever fueled it.

So let me be clear, I'm not saying he should keep drinking. I'm saying he should get clean but not hold himself back. Who knows, sobriety could bring even more inspired rants.

so the thing italy was probably not dehydration.

The single thought of that is literally freaking me out!

friday night was hilarious but embarrassing....not just the rant, but calling a girl up on stage to "dance?" he was on more than alcohol to be that wasted..

I think that's true, unfortunately. =/

So sad to hear this :( .

I hope that he gets the best treatment, take the time it needs and then comes back ready to rock the world again.

I wish that people would stop saying that the only reason that Billie is going to get help is because of Friday's incident. There is probably much more to all of this than we realize and this just happened to be the breaking point. This is an all around good thing.

I really didn't see this coming. Regardless, I hope he can get whatever help he needs. I'm at a bit of a loss for words right now.

Fuck. I don't want this to be everywhere. TMZ is going to kill him.

I'm just praying that the paparazzi don't hound him, the last thing I wanna see is his face all over magazines with some shitty untrue headline.

I thought the incident in Italy was a parasite. Although dehydration from too much alcohol also makes sense.

Wasn't there a recent article where Billie said he layed off the drinking? hmm yeah.

Hopefully this doesn't turn into a James Hetfield fiasco where he's gone for like 9 months and the band is on the brink of breaking up

I hope so... The "St.Anger" thing was devastating for everyone...

I'm so sorry to hear this, I hope he gets better soon.

The only thing that could possibly be positive about this is their might be a very small tiny chance that they would play On The Wagon live. Other than that, I wish I could help. The only thing that can help me now is Christie Road. Deeply saddened for Adie, Joey and Jakob. :sorry:

I don't like hearing this either. I first chose not to believe it, but when I read about it on their official Facebook page, I was like.. oh no.

I could care less if this means they cancel tour dates. I just want him to take care of himself and get the help he needs.

I agree, but like I said in my previous post re: cancelled promo appearance, people do deserve notice if they are. So I don't think it's necessarily rude for people to be curious and ask. :P

Wow. So drugs then not drink?

"Substance abuse" can still mean alcohol....why is everyone assuming it's drugs?

so the thing italy was probably not dehydration.

friday night was hilarious but embarrassing....not just the rant, but calling a girl up on stage to "dance?" he was on more than alcohol to be that wasted..

hope he can get the help he needs and hope he is alright, pretty shocking news.

Actually, alcohol dehydrates you...as do many other drugs. But yes, usually there'd be other problems too at that point.

Archived