Billie getting treatment for substance abuse.

Jaddedkitten

I looked through some. All I saw were people supporting him.

Well, then it's good, I was a little worried + annoyed when I read comments blaming MIKE on his own pictures.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Being the only hardcore Green Day fan in my friend group, I had to do a lot of explaining today. I really do believe this was a PR mess, and Billie's health is probably fine. I do believe that the media had something to do in it as well. This has been blown out of proportion and I hope Billie gets the rest he needs whether its rehab or not. Lets just enjoy ¡Uno! this week and support the band everyday!

A man posting pics of Cleo isn't in rehab :)

Yet. And who's to say he's not in an outpatient program?

I do believe that the media had something to do in it as well. This has been blown out of proportion and I hope Billie gets the rest he needs whether its rehab or not.

I'm wondering in the back of my mind if this will become a class discussion in my social media and PR class in the next few weeks, depending how it all pans out. The media's use of "rehab" instead of "treatment" intrigues me. To me, it's two separate things completely. I'm only trusting AP and the official GD statement, which just says "seeking treatment." I think the mental image of "rehab" is making people think this is worse than it really is, but who am I to judge? It's all just speculation.

I agree with whoever said that it is so strange to see news outlets talking about Billie in this way. I mean, obviously he's this amazing rockstar, but I never really think of him in that way. He's just one of the guys. To my mind, he's not a "celebrity" like the celebrities that People and Star talk about, you know? It's so bizarre. And honestly, it scares me.

All I care about is that he gets whatever help he needs and gets well. What this means for their promotion or for the tour is so far from my mind right now. Nothing matters more than a person's health. That's the first priority here. Once he's feeling up to it, then we can get back to the excitement of the trilogy tour. With the album I want to enjoy it and not let all this overshadow it, because I know that's what the guys would want. At the same time, I think it's important to recognize that Billie getting well is the most important thing right now.

As for it being a cover-up/blown out of proportion/not a big deal - whatever. We don't know enough to really say if it's very serious or not, and it's perfectly fine if they don't share any more information, because it's not our business (even though we're all understandably very worried). All I know is that the Billie I saw up on stage at iHeart was not a person I recognized, and it seemed like there was more going on than him just being mad/drunk. So, if he needs help, I'm glad he's getting it. I'm glad it didn't spiral out of control to the point where someone wound up getting hurt.

Just keeping him and his family and the band in my thoughts. Sending all my love. Green Day has been there for me through thick and thin, and now it's time to return the favor. I'm not going anywhere. :)

couldn't watch the whole video but isn't it ironic how he posts a video about billie joe bitching while he's bitching about billie joe's bitching. what a geek.

I only watched a couple seconds after he started talking and that was enough for me, he's obviously looking for attention

To me at least, he has seemed more intense than happy. I thought it was weird that recent interviews had NOT been his usual, bumbling and awkward self.

It was like he had become ultra focused or something. Like the Ivring show; something about the way they moved and acted then was different than a normal Green Day show. I thought it was just the size of the venue but now thinking about it maybe it was something else. I could be imagining something, it could be I'm just be uncomfortable with the new albums, but there is some feeling I've had that just has not sat well.

Foxboro shows were alarming at some points, I agree, but a lot of the was just them putting on a persona for that band and openly partying. This is different.

Also some people seem to be reading into this announcement as Billie having trouble with drugs; I'm not sure that is the case, and it's too soon to say (we might never know for sure, it is a private problem after all.) I think it's alcohol paired with the stress of taking on way too much work.

I totally agree. I kept thinking that he really, REALLY wasn't himself during these recent interviews. Like, the guys didn't seem like they were getting along well or something. It was weird, but Billie seemed very... serious? I know he's always a little more serious for the interviews about his writing process and whatever, but not to that extent. "Intense" is a good word. He was acting very different. And at the time I was like "Maybe I just think he's acting different because I haven't seen him interviewed in a while." But no, something was definitely not right there. There was this huge shift in his personality between the interviews he did regarding the musical and now, and those interviews weren't very long ago.

As for those talking about maybe a mid-life crisis? I don't know. Maybe. I think the point of the new albums was to just kind of let loose and have fun, which doesn't necessarily mean any of them are having a mid-life crisis - it's just a change of pace.

Dammit! I just woke up and see this! I'm so confused right now and I even don't know what to write.. That's just bad.. :(

Haven't posted on GDC in ages. Hi to everyone who may or may not remember me.

I'm glad everyone is calming down. Adrienne's tweets should be drunk like a nice hot tea. Really.

Now, I do have to say, I'm honestly surprised at the uproar this has caused amongst us megafans. The people here who are "disappointed" or "shocked" are making me sad. Most of you should have a pretty fair portrait of Billie Joe's issues in your head. He's been painting it "since 19-80-fucking-8". Have any of you actually really listened to Billie's lyrics? He's revealed so much of himself in them, and now it seems like a lot of fans have never really been listening. :ermm:

His demons and how he channels them so beautifully into music are what make him such a remarkable human being. That's why I respect him so deeply. I would have always put "fucked up" on a list of Billie Joe adjectives. Ha. But so what? Everyone is fucked up in one way or another. What sets this guy apart, is that he has been brave enough to share his raw pain and passion through his music. He makes us all feel slightly less alone and I will always love him for that. And when I see him having to deal with this kind of shit under the ridiculously nosy and judgmental eyes of millions, my love for him grows tenfold. It's why I've been compulsively listening to Green Day all day (not normal for me).

I'm in support of sending good thoughts his way, letting his friends and family help him deal with whatever issues he is having, and NOT pretending like I know real fucking thing about it. :thumbsup:

Rage and Love. <3

My laptop is being stupid, I can't see all the writing on the sign, can someone share?

^ It says "For almost 20 years Green Day has been my rock through all my dark.. hopeless.. times. I now return the favor! You have my full support Billie Joe. Much love from Detroit."

Billie just posted a photo of his dog on instagram, so he hasn't disappeared from the world.

A man posting pics of Cleo isn't in rehab :)

just because he has agreed to get treatment or enter rehab doesn't mean he has started already

I'm glad everyone is calming down. Adrienne's tweets should be drunk like a nice hot tea. Really.

Now, I do have to say, I'm honestly surprised at the uproar this has caused amongst us megafans. The people here who are "disappointed" or "shocked" are making me sad. Most of you should have a pretty fair portrait of Billie Joe's issues in your head. He's been painting it "since 19-80-fucking-8". Have any of you actually really listened to Billie's lyrics? He's revealed so much of himself in them, and now it seems like a lot of fans have never really been listening. :ermm:

His demons and how he channels them so beautifully into music are what make him such a remarkable human being. That's why I respect him so deeply. I would have always put "fucked up" on a list of Billie Joe adjectives. Ha. But so what? Everyone is fucked up in one way or another. What sets this guy apart, is that he has been brave enough to share his raw pain and passion through his music. He makes us all feel slightly less alone and I will always love him for that. And when I see him having to deal with this kind of shit under the ridiculously nosy and judgmental eyes of millions, my love for him grows tenfold. It's why I've been compulsively listening to Green Day all day (not normal for me).

I'm in support of sending good thoughts his way, letting his friends and family help him deal with whatever issues he is having, and NOT pretending like I know real fucking thing about it. :thumbsup:

Rage and Love. <3

^ I couldn't've said this better myself. I totally agree with this post and tomorrow I will be listening to Green Day all day myself, which isn't normal for me either. I usually have my iPod playing a punk mix :lol:

I wrote this couple weeks ago when they cancelled the show in italy.

Billie should rest. He seems tired.. based upon his instragram updates they suggested that he was missing home and was not well during their latest little tour. :(

I'm feeling it for him. Poor guy. He's had a hell of a year. First on broadway, then the record, touring.. maybe just few days off. He needs a little break but can't take any kind of vacation right now.

He's health is the most important thing. Who would like Billie to have some kind of break down or burn out.. I'm feeling it for the fans but i think they still want him to continue to make music rather than die in exhaustion. He is not young anymore. I'm 26 and my hangovers last 3 days now, and i get tired and need more sleep than 10 years ago. wonder what it feels like when you reach 40:P

Peace and love.

I'm wishing you well Billie Joe.

I wrote this couple weeks ago when they cancelled the show in italy.

I'm wishing you well Billie Joe.

Wow. Guess you're the exception to the "stop acting like you knew this was coming" rule.

Apparently "Fuck the media" has been said about this, in that case:

louis1.gif

Can someone put a tv where the guy is humping?

65544_o.gif

Or replace this with a tv?

That would be epic and it would only take ONE-FUCKING-MINUTE!!!!! Hopefully

Rage and Love. <3

I have to say this is the best post I have seen all day. I couldn't agree with it more.

As a fan that has been to alot of concerts, I could tell immediately when he came out in Vegas that he was not the same BJA I usually see. Hell not even the same one I saw 6 days before in NYC. I have no clue what he is doing or what he is on, I am just glad the problem has been addressed and he has agreed to the help.

I got the news from my sister via text. She knows I don't check this site or GDA as often anymore.

here's her text

"Billie Joe blew up on stage...well not like "kaboom" exploded but you know what I mean!"

You know, not going to lie, it feels weird to see Billie go into rehab (If he does) because i'd always see other crazy rockstars and popstars doing it, but with him it's different. I know if he does it it's because he truly needs it, and i'm completely okay with it. I think it's great that he's taking immediate action and WANTS to get better before it gets worst and bad things can happen. All my love and prayers go out to that wonderful, strong man. <3

Rage and Love. <3

That was beautifully and elegantly put. Thank you so much for saying that. I think it was something we all needed to hear.

I really hope things go as well as they possibly can for Billie Joe. And I hope it's not anything too serious. Of course I always worry about anyone with a substance abuse problem - I'm a psychology major and I've taken several classes and written several research papers on abnormal psychology, especially drug abuse and what it can do. It's even scarier not knowing what exactly the substance is and leaving it open to speculation. But Billie is a very intelligent and sensible person so I'm sure whatever he's dealing with right now, he'll have the ability to work through it.

Archived