¡Cuatro! DVD

PasalacquaPete

Please someone upload photos :D I still wait for mine :(

i did screen caps earlier, but some are in poor condition

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its really good, but I still think there could have been more. This was basically a summary of the creative process, but not really the full thing. I feel like there was alot more that they did, but cuatro was just a generalized version of the whole process for recording uno, dos, and tre. I think there could have been a lot more when it came down to recording the songs, and the band coming up with parts of the songs (the real creative thinking and processing). There could have been a lot more to show, but overall, at least the public gets to see what its like to be in studio with green day.

I agree. I liked Cuatro and I enjoyed watching it, but it didn't live up to my expectations I guess. Could've been more in-depth. But then again if it was more in-depth and if they had put more effort into it, it probably would've been a bigger 'thing' instead of this little documentary movie thing that you can't even get at a store.

Anyway, hearing raw versions of songs and seeing Green Day in studio is always awesome. Cuatro has lots of absolutely golden scenes in it.

Idk if I'm even making any sense, it's late and I'm tired. Sorry :shy:

I don't know if somebody has posted this before, sorry. Quatro in one link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHKq5DucqzM&feature=youtu.be

Of course it's fucking shitty quality. Otherwise, I'd download this fast as a beaten donkey on meth in the middle of a busy mall.

I'm doing it in HD but I don't know if I will upload it

Does yours have the bonus features built-on like the digital download, or just the main movie rip?

Mine hasn't come yet :( hopefully tomorrow! My tracking number hasn't been updated since April 6th. Makes me nervous!

I caved and watched it on youtube. I didn't get the box set, so I didn't get Cuatro. I hope they try and release it soon for individual purchase.

Of course it's fucking shitty quality. Otherwise, I'd download this fast as a beaten donkey on meth in the middle of a busy mall.

Does yours have the bonus features built-on like the digital download, or just the main movie rip?

Just the main movie

Okay, so that was an awesome hour and 15 minutes to relax to whilst I have the flu. Loved the whole thing, only wish there was more of it!

Ps one bit with Mike was heartbreakingly sweet and sad.

"Why do you have to go to work, daddy?"

"So I can make you miserable to make other people happy... Ugh"

I've seen Cuatro yesterday and my favorite part was when they were jamming to another version of Nightlife in the studio and Jason was sitting nearby at a couch. His facial expression then = perfection. Someone should seriously gif this.

I realy appreciate Cuatro, watching the band messing around, jaming and all the stuff but I'm a little disapointed of the length of the movie.

The band was filmed during weeks and weeks and we have "just" a film of 70 min.

I hoped have some more stuff like interview, live, or rehearsals.

And like I said before, the fact that there's no subtitles it's a pity

I've seen Cuatro yesterday and my favorite part was when they were jamming to another version of Nightlife in the studio and Jason was sitting nearby at a couch. His facial expression then = perfection. Someone should seriously gif this.

I thought exactly the same thing! There was also a great bit where Mike was dancing to Kill The DJ

No subtitles that I know of :(

Anyone used the 5.1 audio. Does it make much diffrence

I'm curious about that too, wondering if I can rip the 5.1 files and isolate for some cool audio.

No subtitles that I know of :(

really? even in the set up? ohhh i don't understand nothing!

Of course is shitty. But while we´re waiting the DVD on stores is ok, I think!

I'm doing it in HD but I don't know if I will upload it

I'm gonna make it easy to you: DO IT, PLEASE. ILOVEYOU. :wub:

I realy appreciate Cuatro, watching the band messing around, jaming and all the stuff but I'm a little disapointed of the length of the movie.

The band was filmed during weeks and weeks and we have "just" a film of 70 min.

I hoped have some more stuff like interview, live, or rehearsals.

And like I said before, the fact that there's no subtitles it's a pity

Billie said he didnt want to do sit down interviews, so that's out. And there is a lot a live footage so i dont know what you mean by that... unless you wanted more (as we all do!). And there also was rehearsal footage so once again i'm not sure what you mean. Maybe you wanted so see the really early rehearsals with them messing up and stuff? i'm not sure they started being filmed that early in the process.

Anyway, for complaints about the length, this is marketed as a "movie" to be shown at film festivals and the like. The intention of the project wasnt to make a nine hour documentary. Yes if we had it our way cameras would follow green day where ever they went but then its a reality show. Yes i want more but i also think the film was a fine length. Even after having it spoiled by VH1 i felt like there was so much more footage that wasnt on tv. felt like a new movie

My copy arrived and I watched and I really really enjoyed it...I loved the little extras they included on the DVD :lol:

For a feature-length documentary (which it was billed as) it's perfect. Run time is appropriate, it shows the serious side, and fun side of the band; and it also shows their amazing live talent. It's a great peak at who they are, and what the Trilogy is all about. It is a snapshot in their history, and it was done tastefully in my opinion. Though granted, I would really want to see Heart Like A Hand Grenade too. The trilogy songs don't resonate much to me in terms of the scope of creating it the same way American Idiot does. Seems as though this documentary shows Green Day trying to recapture who they were, all the while finding out, they already did years ago.

My copy arrived and I watched and I really really enjoyed it...I loved the little extras they included on the DVD :lol:

This is what I miss seeing it on youtube...I want my copy!

Got the download link Monday night. It's going to be awesome when I finally have some time to sit down and watch this damn thing :woot:

Archived