¡Cuatro! DVD

PasalacquaPete

imagine if they were adding more to the movie..im sure they aren't but that would be interesting

Such as Billie's time in rehab and how it all affected the band in the long run.... that would be very interesting to see.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Such as Billie's time in rehab and how it all affected the band in the long run.... that would be very interesting to see.

That's the point of the Rolling Stone interview. As far as Billie is concerned, that's all in the past - he really doesn't want it to be brought up anymore, and I doubt it would help anyone if that kind of thing was put on the movie.

so noone actually knows the release date?

Box set owners supposedly March 26th

Non box set buyers there's no date so far for a general release date just yet

That's the point of the Rolling Stone interview. As far as Billie is concerned, that's all in the past - he really doesn't want it to be brought up anymore, and I doubt it would help anyone if that kind of thing was put on the movie.

didnt think about that. You have a point. Billie did state that it he tries to not look back on it. I dont know then, all I can guess coming from a film maker myself is that it has just been editing and trying to make it perfect.

The premiere at Austin makes the most sense so until then we wait.. :ninja:

imagine if they were adding more to the movie..im sure they aren't but that would be interesting

I have thought of that, but not getting any hopes up!

I have thought of that, but not getting any hopes up!

haha same! i almost didn't post it at risk of someone being like "WHY WOULD YOU EVEN THINK THAT" haha

Yea... like the whole Irving Plaza Show?! :D

Three weeks left and it hasn't been pushed forward? Maybe this will be the definite release date :) , at least we can hope

One Day in the post zombie apolocypse world in 2125...Cuatro will ship to box set owners

They do have hours and hours of footage that got cut out. It would be extremely counterintuitive for the movie not to include extras like that. Cuatro doesn't seem like the kind of movie that benefits from being a "finished product". I'd rather it stick to its claim of being an accurate documentation of the recording of the trilogy, and in that case, add as much content as possible.

I never understood the way bands and perhaps especially the managements behind them hold back material and other stuff without any intentions of making profits of it later. I get why an album with high ambition can benefit from being stripped down to keep a standard, like American Idiot did. I'm glad they didn't include the b-sides on the actual album, but there would be no sense in it if they had just kept them private. If it's something that is not embarrassingly bad or perhaps damaging, then I don't see why it can't be thrown out there. This is the reason why I don't quite believe in the whole story about Cigarettes & Valentines. Clearly it couldn't have been terrible, and as I don't believe every trace of recordings could have gone missing all at once, I'd say it either wasn't really there in the form we assume, or they are holding it back in case they'll need it later. Enough with the C&V theories, I think that whole discussion has been going on quite enough, but it just crossed my mind.

This same thing goes with Cuatro. If they want to make an ambitious to-the-bone rock-doc, that the public and the critics might enjoy, then they should go ahead. But I don't see why the DVD couldn't have hours upon hours of extra footage, which doesn't have to be carefully edited. In my head I imagine a whole extras menu with specified videos along the lines of "recording the records" where we see them doing takes and setting up the equipment, "rehearsing and planning" them talking about the song and album structures, and rehearsing the material, "live at ??" a full or partial video of one or more of the surprise gigs, "backstage" preparing for shows, and finally a goofing around video might be doable as well. Maybe also some footage from the set of Oh Love and Kill The DJ while we're at it.

I never understood the way bands and perhaps especially the managements behind them hold back material and other stuff without any intentions of making profits of it later. I get why an album with high ambition can benefit from being stripped down to keep a standard, like American Idiot did. I'm glad they didn't include the b-sides on the actual album, but there would be no sense in it if they had just kept them private. If it's something that is not embarrassingly bad or perhaps damaging, then I don't see why it can't be thrown out there. This is the reason why I don't quite believe in the whole story about Cigarettes & Valentines. Clearly it couldn't have been terrible, and as I don't believe every trace of recordings could have gone missing all at once, I'd say it either wasn't really there in the form we assume, or they are holding it back in case they'll need it later. Enough with the C&V theories, I think that whole discussion has been going on quite enough, but it just crossed my mind.

This same thing goes with Cuatro. If they want to make an ambitious to-the-bone rock-doc, that the public and the critics might enjoy, then they should go ahead. But I don't see why the DVD couldn't have hours upon hours of extra footage, which doesn't have to be carefully edited. In my head I imagine a whole extras menu with specified videos along the lines of "recording the records" where we see them doing takes and setting up the equipment, "rehearsing and planning" them talking about the song and album structures, and rehearsing the material, "live at ??" a full or partial video of one or more of the surprise gigs, "backstage" preparing for shows, and finally a goofing around video might be doable as well. Maybe also some footage from the set of Oh Love and Kill The DJ while we're at it.

I'd even take footage of Tre brushing his teeth over nothing at all. As a matter of fact, I bet they could get away with making Cinco out of extra footage and charging twice the price of Cuatro. Shame on me, I'd buy it.

I'd even take footage of Tre brushing his teeth over nothing at all. As a matter of fact, I bet they could get away with making Cinco out of extra footage and charging twice the price of Cuatro. Shame on me, I'd buy it.

If they stick to what they've done after the last two albums, I'd guess Cinco could be reserved as the name of the Uno, Dos, Tre equivalent of Bullet in A Bible and Awesome as Fuck.

Just a wild guess, though it does seem like that would be the choice if they made another live cd/dvd. Don't know if I want it or not though, it would have to be a lot different.

If they stick to what they've done after the last two albums, I'd guess Cinco could be reserved as the name of the Uno, Dos, Tre equivalent of Bullet in A Bible and Awesome as Fuck.

Just a wild guess, though it does seem like that would be the choice if they made another live cd/dvd. Don't know if I want it or not though, it would have to be a lot different.

I think a small club show would fit the vibe of the trilogy well in contrast to gigantic arena/stadium shows.

So what's the deal?

Apparently March 26th is legit

Is it bad that I saw that this thread had been bumped and my first thought was, "oh dear lord, how much farther back did they push the release date"?

^ It'd be logic to think that.

I entered to the thread thinking that maybe someone stills remember about it and came to ask if the date hasn't change yet. :lol:

They could still push it back. I'm pretty sure the February 12th date that was on there didn't get changed until the day before.

I don't get why they have told there US customers that it will be released on the 26th march but don't tell the europeans or asian customers who bought the boxset the date. you would think warner would have decency of telling everybody not ignoring half of there customers

Archived