¡UNO! Album

Sanity Loan

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Overall I give it a 5.4. I'd have loved it as a 12 year old.

out of 10?

If it's out of 10 I'm giving it 7, and I'm only not giving a 10 because of the ridiculous choice of a leading single.

Its pretty damn good, now i cant wait to hear Dos and Tré, such ambicious :D

Kill the DJ is still very blah. Catchy guitar, but it doesn't sound like Green Day.

I really like Kill the DJ but I think the live version is way better.

If i could change one thing of this album it would be Stay The Night. I dont like the way it's so slow at the start and then speeds up into the song which is why i created how it should sound to me.

See, that's part of why I love it. It gives the whole song an epic, complete feel instead of just jumping in at full speed.

Let yourself go is probably the only song whose studio version kicks more ass than the live version.

Hard to kick much more ass than Maria 2Let Yourself Go.

out of 10?

If it's out of 10 I'm giving it 7, and I'm only not giving a 10 because of the ridiculous choice of a leading single.

Eh, not really my style. They kind of started going downhill after American Idiot, which is understandable. It's hard to top that album.

5.4/5 :) or 5.4/10 :mad:?

I'd make it 20 but I'm feeling generous.

It feels weird not listening to it when everybody does. But I will try to resist the temptation even though I'll have to wait. it's much more fun hearing it from the stereo with the book in my hands.

This. #firstworldproblems

9.5/10

Oh Love is the weak spot and, particularly as a lead single, weakens what is (as a whole) an amazing album.

Let yourself go is probably the only song whose studio version kicks more ass than the live version.

Seriously?

The 'damn' thing at the beginning is awful.

I also prefer 'don't stop fucking with my head now' to 'always fuck-fucking with my head'.

Eh, not really my style. They kind of started going downhill after American Idiot, which is understandable. It's hard to top that album.

And they're coming uphill after 21CB. Understandable; it's hard to get much lower than that.

Fell For You kind of drags. Good song, this time merging a Ramones feel with that of a 60's bubblegum pop bit (creative as hell), but the execution isn't as good.

Just waiting for it to download to my iPod. See you guys in 41 minutes (or whatever it is).

Yes I caved...

Seriously?

The 'damn' thing at the beginning is awful.

I also prefer 'don't stop fucking with my head now' to 'always fuck-fucking with my head'.

I don't care about the beginning, I think it's all awesome. And the scream in the middle makes me chuckle like I'm watching a feel good flick with Hugh Grant when he says he loves the girl.

Well, here they are my two cents, if anybody is interested. I have to say that, since my mother tongue is not English, I have paid more attention to the music itself than to the lyrics, which I will consider in a deeper way when I get the cd with the lyrics.

Nuclear Family: it is the first one and it is a good start for the record. It still has that "AI touch", but it leaves clear that the album is going in a different direction. However, once I heard the whole album, this song is not one of the best. 7,5/10

Stay the Night: what can I said that has not been said yet. I LOVE this song. It is perfect. I knew it wouldn't disappoint me. I really think it is one of those hymns that would last forever (which is good since there is no hymn in 21CB). 10/10

Carpe Diem: for some reason, I got the feeling that this song could perfectly be in 21B. The "Carpe Diem/seize the day" topic is not really original, but I still like it. It's not awesome, but it will be at the concerts. 7,5/10

Let Yourself Go: this is a HUUUUGE song. It definetely is Old Green Day. The chorus is repetitive but I don't care, it is not annoying as in Kill the DJ. 8,5/10

Kill the DJ: this is the "weirdest" of the album. It is a totally different style for GD, but it has grown on me so I can't say it is a bad song. It is too repetitive and it won't get into the history of the band, but it is kind of fun. 6,5/10

Fell for you: if you tell me this song belongs to Nimrod, I believe it. I could understood most of the lyrics of this song and I loved them, The lyrics, the melody...This is one of the best songs of the album. Unfortunately, I am afraid this is one of those songs that, despite its quality, are not played live. Let's hope I'm wrong... 9/10

Loss of Control: again, a catchy, kick-ass song just like LYG. It would be better with louder guitar sound, but I still like it a lot. 8'5/10

Troublemaker: this one is the weakest of the album. It's funny the whole sexual thing, but I find it repetitive and boring. It may grow on me in the future, but now I don't like it specially. 6/10

Angel Blue: what can I say. This song has been, with Stay the Night, the one I was more hyped for. It has a KERPLUNK sound, which is awesome. I hope they play this song live for a long time, because it is such a good song...10/10

Sweet 16: I am really surprised by this song. It is the poppiest thing they have ever done, both the music and BJ's voice. And, still, I have been mesmerized by it since the first moment. I can't get the lyrics, but it has a nice, sweet vibe to it that I'm sure would make me like it even more once I read the lyrics. 9/10

Rusty James: I wanted to say something really special about this song: MELANCHOLY One of the reasons why GD is my favourite band is that their music has a melancholic, bittersweet vibe in a lot of songs. Not just the lyrics, but also in the music. I couldn't perceive that sensation in the last album (lyrics had that feeling, but not the music), so having it back makes me extremely happy. 8,75/10

Oh Love: this song has grown on me too and it is a good end for the album, but it is not something really special. 7/10

And that's my opinion. I really appreciate the fact that it is a short record (41 minutes is perfect, the 70 min. of 21CB were too much) so it doesn't get tedious or boring, which would be a bad point considering we still have to listen to other 2 albums. Quite the opposite, this album makes me be even more hyped for Dos and Tré. I can´t wait.

To reiterate:

No asking for or posting download links here. YouTube links are one thing, but asking for a download link will result in your post being embarrassingly edited.

Wow, that album is very good. Troublemaker sucks so bad, but the rest is really good. A more detailed review is coming tomorrow!

Archived