Green Day live tonight, 7pm on the UK BBC Radio 1

Harry Potter.

And this is Reading? Or something? Or just that they go to radio and play?

Reading is a music festival. www.readingfestival.co.uk/

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was one of the best moments in Green Day history :lol:

I had to go out that day but I had one of my best luck in the world moment and I could listen the entire show. :dance: It was so unbelievable... "play another one!!" haha

I love them for being so unpredictable ♥

So they are gonna play whatever? New songs and old songs? I hope we get something they don't usually play... Like I Was There :D C'mon babyz we need some 1039 - Kerplunk!

If those two fucks had come through on an American radio station, the station would've been fined a shitload of money by the FCC.

Because endless bloodbaths of violence on television? A-okay. A naughty word on the radio? WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!?

I fucking love and I fucking hate this country.

So they are gonna play whatever? New songs and old songs? I hope we get something they don't usually play... Like I Was There :D C'mon babyz we need some 1039 - Kerplunk!

This thread/topic is about an interview that already happened, two days ago.

This thread/topic is about an interview that already happened, two days ago.

Shit. I'm dumb :mellow:

Edit: Just listened to some of the song previews on GDA. Stray Heart sounds epic. It's a shame we couldn't hear the vocals in Crape Diem, I'm very curious about this one. And It's Fuck Time sounds very good :)

Edit: Just listened to some of the song previews on GDA. Stray Heart sounds epic. It's a shame we couldn't hear the vocals in Crape Diem, I'm very curious about this one. And It's Fuck Time sounds very good :)

Nah, no worries; the thread title still says "tonight" ;).

Fuck Time sounds good. The way it slipped through, and they all freaked, was hilarious.

Can anyone please, please let me know if there's a separate link snippet of Stray Heart? I really want to hear and I can't find it :cry:

They only played Stray Heart for a few seconds and it wasn't studio quality because it was just playing through Billie's iPhone speakers.

I really wish we got to hear what X-Kid sounded like. As much as I was happy to hear some of the studio versions of "fuck time", "wild one", and "makeout party", we've already heard what those songs sound like thanks to the live shows. I guess for now, X-Kid will remain a mystery.

They only played Stray Heart for a few seconds and it wasn't studio quality because it was just playing through Billie's iPhone speakers.

Arrgh seriously? :dry: The others sound good! :pinch::(

Ok, thanks.

I really wish we got to hear what X-Kid sounded like. As much as I was happy to hear some of the studio versions of "fuck time", "wild one", and "makeout party", we've already heard what those songs sound like thanks to the live shows. I guess for now, X-Kid will remain a mystery.

We're going to hear it all soon enough! No need to jump the gun :lol: .

Yeah those two are pretty average as well, but the chorus of Carpe Diem and the actual phrase itself is horribly cliched and over used. If the song was called YOLO and he shouted that in the chorus at least it would be ironically funny.

But he knows it's a cliché! He says it himself: "Living a cliché/Gonna seize the day" which I happen to think is really clever songwriting.

But he knows it's a cliché! He says it himself: "Living a cliché/Gonna seize the day" which I happen to think is really clever songwriting.

Eh, everyone knows Carpe Diem is a cliche that means seize the day, and cliche rhymes with day, so you know.

I personally prefer the line "Another promise to make a change" over "Life's a gas and it's running out".

Since the first verse is so different, the second one probably will be as well.

We're going to hear it all soon enough! No need to jump the gun :lol: .

Yeah, in about 4 and a half months.

Did you intentionally spell Carpe Diem as Crape Diem or is that just a coincidence?

Because if not, that was genius.

Yeah, in about 4 and a half months.

Yeah, but between then and now we will have two other albums to focus our attention on.

Billie always uses some cliches in his writing, especially in Nimrod and Warning. He usually sort of turns them inside out or uses a little wordplay with them, though. Hello, anyone remember Horseshoes and Handgrenades? That is also a cliche.

He uses cliches and people's individual understandings and recognitions of them to help him get his point across. He isn't just repeating the words as if they are something new.

Yeah, but between then and now we will have two other albums to focus our attention on.

Billie always uses some cliches in his writing, especially in Nimrod and Warning. He usually sort of turns them inside out or uses a little wordplay with them, though. Hello, anyone remember Horseshoes and Handgrenades? That is also a cliche.

But I don't ever listen to Horseshoes & Handgrenades...or 21st CB for that matter...

I understand that, but the whole "Live your life! Do what you want!" thing is so overdone...

But I don't ever listen to Horseshoes & Handgrenades...or 21st CB for that matter...

I understand that, but the whole "Live your life! Do what you want!" thing is so overdone...

Just because you don't listen doesn't mean it isn't there. Everything is overdone. Does that mean that everyone in the world should just suddenly stop? Rhetorical question.

I fear we are veering from the topic at hand.

Just because you don't listen doesn't mean it isn't there. Everything is overdone. Does that mean that everyone in the world should just suddenly stop? Rhetorical question.

I fear we are veering from the topic at hand.

Nothing is original sure, but that's like the whole "Be yourself and you can be anyone!" sort of thing.

It's like, we KNOW.

Archived