Green Day Play At Reading Festival

Jaymee!!

Neither the band nor the festival is likely to confirm it (Billie aside perhaps, we all know what he's like!) as its likely to cause huge security & safety issues with the amount of people who'll try to cram into the tent (presuming it's on the NME/Radio 1 stage as has been suggested).

This makes me nervous. :ermm:

Do you think they'd tell us on the day? Can't risk watching some other crappy band and missing them, and it would be insane to walk from stage to stage all day every day (though I would do it).

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Normally you will end up hearing around the campsite or it'll seem obvious from gaps in the times on the schedule. NOFX were unbilled rather than having a secret name but I figured from the gap that there was something going on.

Ok so this is what I've found out so far:

1. Unlikely playing Sunday as they are in Paris that day

2. Most probably in NME tent early on

3. I checked to see if any of the bands looked fake, weren't at Leeds as well (since they're only rumoured at Reading) but they all seem legit

4. On Saturday, Post War Glamour Girls are the only band on NME to not have a time allocated yet which i think is odd :/ and the band after don't start til 1:15 which seems late? maybe a gap for GD? :D

can anyone add anything else? I hope they play, it will be awesome, GREEN DAY IN MY HOME TOWN :D

Green Day are doing these secret shows to promote their new material so of course they are going to announce the gigs at some stage. If they want to cause a massive impact and get everyone talking about them they will announce the gig in advance or what would be the point. So I don't think we need to worry about no one saying anything and hope we just stumble across them at Reading... They'll definitely announce something!

Also they'll probably just play a small set with mainly new songs and a few classics thrown into the mix too. I imagine they'll play for 45mins up to an hour. That's the way secret festival shows have worked in the past from my experience

Just noticed the times are on the Reading website for the top 2 stages but there's nothing yet for the other stages, possibly to keep us in the dark a little longer? I've heard Bloc Party are going to do a secret set too (not sure if that's been mentioned on here) so it's possible that there's going to end up being two time slots that could be filled by Green Day

i am so excited about this..but also mega mega worried i'll be swanning around somewhere drunk when they're on and have no idea! they better announce or else i'm gonna have a breakdown

When the fuck did you move to Italy?

/totally off topic! :)

Just under a year ago. I study it at uni, so i have to live there to practise it.

Just under a year ago. I study it at uni, so i have to live there to practise it.

Cool. Nice to see you around again, btw! :)

I've been having a look at gaps in the lineup and my bets are on Saturday at the NME stage between Post War Glamour Girls and Pure Love. Seriously hope it is Green Day playing then! Would hate to miss them!

I've been having a look at gaps in the lineup and my bets are on Saturday at the NME stage between Post War Glamour Girls and Pure Love. Seriously hope it is Green Day playing then! Would hate to miss them!

^Yeah that, or on the mainstage after Kasabian.

Look how small their set looks?! compared to the cure and the foo's.

http://clashfinder.com/s/reading2012/

:lol: Looks hopeful!

Oh no, they wouldnt be after Kasabian. All acts have a curfew of 11:30, so not to disturb the town at night.

But the shortness of their set is a little odd, hmm ....

i'm just praying that i'll lok at this thread at some point and see a post that says

green day are definately playing at this time at this tent on this day (and they will be naked)

the last part isn#t a neccesity but hey it would be a perk

I love the colors, too!! Everything they are doing now just seems fun, even down to the merch. It's like Foxboro is being infused right into Green Day. :toocool:

That's basically what I've been saying, too. It's like the alter ego is becoming the primary ego. But better, cause there is no pretense...

I'd say I'm jealous of all the UK fans, but... here in Michigan we get at least a show every tour, soo... could be much worse off! And I *loved* the teasing way he dropped that news.

I think it will be the NME tent on saturday and second on for a small set. at reading 'Pure Love' are on at 1:15 where as at leeds they are on at 12:50. Kasabian have the same stage time at Leeds so they won't be fitting in then. But the space is only 25 minutes and bearing in mind in that time they would have to change stuff around probably so that would take at least 10-15 minutes for total stage change over time. It will only be about a 10 minute set.

The internet connection is going to be pretty bad at Reading, so checking for a leak in location will be out for me.

Is there anyway a text system can be set up to alert GDCers attending Reading as to when/ where they will definitely be playing, if say, it was only announced 1 hour before Green Day are set to play. I'm not very technologically minded, and don't have a smartphone, so have no idea if this is even possible.

Just an idea though. I can't handle all this guess work as to where they'll be, speculation sucks, I just want the facts!!

The internet connection is going to be pretty bad at Reading, so checking for a leak in location will be out for me.

Is there anyway a text system can be set up to alert GDCers attending Reading as to when/ where they will definitely be playing, if say, it was only announced 1 hour before Green Day are set to play. I'm not very technologically minded, and don't have a smartphone, so have no idea if this is even possible.

Just an idea though. I can't handle all this guess work as to where they'll be, speculation sucks, I just want the facts!!

Aha! You can set up texts from twitter when certain people tweet... if someone from GDC made an account simply for texting when Green Day are playing/ if they are playing anywhere different. I'll set mine up for the Green Day/Billie Joe/GDA/Reading Festival twitters

saw this on twitter not sure if it reliable, he is a concert photographer so maybe they gave him the lineup?

jules annan@jules_annan

GREENDAY TO PLAY SECRET GIG AT READING FESTIVAL AT 12.30 SATURDAY ..........

Think they might make an announcement on Radio 1 tonight. Green Day on with Zane from 7pm and seeing as Radio 1 are sponsors it would make sense

great another date :)

Lots of fun to all of you who are going to this festival.

Would be very surprised if the photographer had been given the info - I went to Leeds yesterday (I'm volunteering) and there's no mention of a secret set in the handbook we were given, only that PWGG had a time 'tbc'.

Cool. He could've also just said something like ""Hello England! Went to a store called Bedding & Sheets, oh baby baby it's bed time!!"" :lol:

Archived