CSI NY Episode to feature songs from the 3 new albums

jetsrule128

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:D I'm not saying I won't watch it and like it!

Exactly. :) I'm real curious to see how the music and the story fit together. I'm sure it'll give us something to think about.

My own bias is that I just don't like to see Green Day in such a commercial setting, even though so many of their settings are just as commercial nowadays -- and I don't like any of them either. It's not a matter of keeping Green day just for the fandom, but wanting to see Green Day from a more pure and authentic perspective. That has been truer in the past, when their earlier albums (pre AI) were released.

We are living in a completely different environment than we were back in the 90's or pre AI.

Artists and bands are now looking for different ways to promote their music and albums because you can't simply stick to the old day rituals that used to be enough back then to help with album sales.

I personally love the way they are promoting the album trilogy by collaborating with CSI: NY and Twilight even though I am not a big fan of the latter and I must confess that I do not always watch CSI: NY. But both are quite strong concepts when it comes to marketing and audience, so I find it a very smart move.

Green Day is not an underground band and I don't think it is quite fair of some fans to want to claim the band for the "real" fans, while the music clearly is open for a much wider audience. When I became a huge Green Day fan somewhere around '94, I've always thought it was wonderful when they would appear on TV or when I would hear them on the radio and always wanted their music to reach out to as many people as possible so that hopefully they would feel the same as I would while listening to the music.

But whether they do or not, I don't think we are to judge those people for not being true fans when they only like 1 or 2 songs. And even though CSI and Twilight are far from what Green Day's music may seem to be applicable for, the fact that those sources are wanting to use their music is quite awesome. At least that is how I think about it.

Also, I doubt the makers of CSI would use Green Day's music when they would not be able to use it correctly in the episode.

Billie's writing has always been quite dynamic, and I am so curious how those songs will work when taken out of their original setting that they were originally written for.

DVR's set for HD capture. After the show airs I'll rip the first half-hour for y'all.

DVR's set for HD capture. After the show airs I'll rip the first half-hour for y'all.

and I love you :)

You sir are awesome!

Im in two minds, dont want to spoil too much, but im so curious as well. If/When the audio for these songs turns up its going to be a battle of willpower!! :lol:

The same for me. I don't know what to do!!! :runaround:

Maybe I should wait 'til November when season premieres here...

The same for me. I don't know what to do!!! :runaround:

Myabe I should wait 'til November when season premieres here...

If you feel any kind of doubt to watch it and to hear some of the Dos songs early, then I would suggest to not watch it and wait til the album is released before watching the episode :)

If you feel any kind of doubt to watch it and to hear some of the Dos songs early, then I would suggest to not watch it and wait til the album is released before watching the episode :)

Oww... ok :sorry:

Both, Twilight and CSI, are putting out "The Forgotten." It seems like this song gonna be a kick-ass hit

Both, Twilight and CSI, are putting out "The Forgotten." It seems like this song gonna be a kick-ass hit

Well, its the final song of the trilogy, it better be kickass :P

If it turns out to be like Oh Love part 2, oh man talk about anti-climatic.

Source: Geektown. In the UK CSI:NY Season 9 will air on Channel 5 in early 2013.

Thanks for that, it's not one of the programs I watch, and don't want to be sitting through loads of them 'till the 'Green Day' one. Hopefully someone will be able to give an exact date nearer the time.

Have you heard it in full version? :D

the song snippet of SWTRLF in the new dos trailer is too awesome :) i always turn my audio boxes up so that it nearly hurts listening to that insane drum-snare hitting of tré :D

That's a lot more intriguing than I was expecting... I figured the music would be faded, sporadic background noise. The fact that it's narrating the episode is so exciting. And those songs are so diverse, I can see how it would work. I'm surprised 99 Revolutions isn't used seeing as it's a political episode, but whatever!

You're right, it's gonna be so awesome! I usually don't follow the show but I can't wait to watch this episode!! :D

Oh man, I'm going to have to be bad Green Day fan on Friday 'cause I'm not about to miss an episode of Grimm. ^.^

Archived