CSI NY Episode to feature songs from the 3 new albums

jetsrule128

They did not know she actually had eye contact with the shooter until she regained consciousness and told so herself.

Oh jeez...apparently I shouldn't try to think while on pain meds. I'm going back to bed. :lol:

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's not what I said.... Sure, piano ballads do sound similiar since they usually only contain a piano, a slow drum beat and Billie Joe's voice, the same in The Forgotten. I hated LNOE, the beginning of RHS wasn't good either and I don't like this new song now. It just doesn't fit to Billie's voice in my opinion (!!!!) and is really lame.

:o It's so sad that you don't like those songs. I love them all - so beautiful!

I don't think piano ballads really sound similar to each other. That's like saying all songs with just a guitar, bass, and drums sound the same. Different melodies, tempos, styles, etc all make the songs unique. There's more than just the timbre of the instrument to pay attention to. I think LNOE, RHS, and The Forgotten all have really different moods and they all sound pretty different to me.

In my opinion, piano ballads work really well for Green Day, and they show off Billie's voice in a nice way. It's like the other side of Green Day. I love how versatile they are, and how they can pull off different sounds so well. Only GD can go from a uptempo punk angry song to a funky dance track to a grimy rap to a bittersweet farewell to a fun sex song to a mature and uplifting ballad that can bring you to tears. I love how they can do all of that, just on this trilogy alone. It shows their true musicianship. :)

A song could never make me cry. Sorry no offense haha, I've just never understood why someone would cry over a song...

You're the opposite of me! Songs always make me cry - sometimes even songs that aren't actually that sad. Then if the accompanying video is sad too, I'm just a weeping mess. Happens with movies and book as well... and if I hear something unfortunate on the news... Too emotional or empathetic or something. Haha! But in a good way.

Do any of you know if Amy was leaked before? cause i've listened to the studio version loooooong time ago!! it just that the album version was remastered!

Do any of you know if Amy was leaked before? cause i've listened to the studio version loooooong time ago!! it just that the album version was remastered!

Uhhh no u havent...

Ummm, what...?

I just watched the episode. I'm a little disappointed that they were played in such quick succession.

Anyway, I would say I wasn't totally won over by "Night Life" but "The Forgotten" is just out of this world amazing!

I want more!

You're probably thinking of the live version when they played it at a show last year. The studio version is just Billie's original demo plus some bass and strings (in theory).

But no, Amy never leaked.

You're probably thinking of the live version when they played it at a show last year. The studio version is just Billie's original demo plus some bass and strings (in theory).

But no, Amy never leaked.

yes!! i have the song! :o that's why im asking that xD mm i cant remember where i've found it tho

yes!! i have the song! :o that's why im asking that xD mm i cant remember where i've found it tho

The only version of Amy that exists is the bootlegged audio from the Tiki Bar and another bootleg from Red 7. You could've easily found these files in any part of the internet, at this point. But this is the first we've heard of the studio version.

Is there guitar at all in The Forgotten?

Anyway, I'm having a fantasy of Billie Joe actually playing this on piano and singing. It wouldn't be hard (not to mention he wrote it LOL), and it wouldn't be necessary (Freese can just as conveniently do it), but there's just something so powerful watching someone sing while sitting at a piano. Probably a pipe dream, but if this is a true piano ballad with just strings and light drums it would be nice.

So this album is suppose to be the "Party Album?" most of the songs that i have heard are very chill and somewhat slow.

I believe Tré plays piano on ¡Tré! so I think that's him in the Forgotten...or so Wikipedia says, and this doesn't surprise me if it's true, all the guys are great multi instrumentalists.

Sorry for the delay on the HD cap upload y'all, hit some shitty rendering problems that have now finally been resolved. I've got a 44-minute 1080i HD H.264/AAC MP4 with 12mbps video and 256K audio streams, and all the commercials are edited out. It's uploading to Sendspace now as a 15-part .rar file; uncompressed it's a (hopefully!) manageable 3.8GB. It all should upload overnight tonight and I'll have download links posted in the morning. Thanks for waiting!

Is there guitar at all in The Forgotten?

Anyway, I'm having a fantasy of Billie Joe actually playing this on piano and singing. It wouldn't be hard (not to mention he wrote it LOL), and it wouldn't be necessary (Freese can just as conveniently do it), but there's just something so powerful watching someone sing while sitting at a piano. Probably a pipe dream, but if this is a true piano ballad with just strings and light drums it would be nice.

I remember in the Guitar World for 21st promo Billie said he cant play piano and sing at same time if he still like that I'm sure it'll be Jason F doing the piano live

Plus i cant picture Billie sittin down that long enough at a show to play the piano lol

So this album is suppose to be the "Party Album?" most of the songs that i have heard are very chill and somewhat slow.

Dos is supposed to be the party album, not Tre. The episode used songs from all three albums.

Since Drama Queen got moved to Tre, Amy is the only confirmed ballad-type song on Dos. Though "See You Tonight" may also be, since I think someone mentioned it being Simon and Garfunkel-esque?

I remember in the Guitar World for 21st promo Billie said he cant play piano and sing at same time if he still like that I'm sure it'll be Jason F doing the piano live

Plus i cant picture Billie sittin down that long enough at a show to play the piano lol

He doesn't have to sit and play. Jason stands.

The coordination would be the bigger issue. He might be able to get there, if he practiced at it. But I don't know if he's motivated enough :P

He doesn't have to sit and play. Jason stands.

The coordination would be the bigger issue. He might be able to get there, if he practiced at it. But I don't know if he's motivated enough :P

But if Billie was serious in Guitar World he said he doesnt know how to play piano and sing at the same time so even standing or sitting would be an issue

Of course that interview was in 09 so he could easily learned that now

I'm gonna close my eyes, take a deep breath, and pretend that Nightlife never happened....

I feel sorry for you.

Nightlife is amazing song from what I've heard.

But if Billie was serious in Guitar World he said he doesnt know how to play piano and sing at the same time so even standing or sitting would be an issue

Of course that interview was in 09 so he could easily learned that now

which is why I said the coordination would be an issue. You basically just reiterated what I said in order to get the last word in :P

which is why I said the coordination would be an issue. You basically just reiterated what I said in order to get the last word in :P

No i took the coordination as the moving around part lol my bad

Sorry for the delay on the HD cap upload y'all, hit some shitty rendering problems that have now finally been resolved. I've got a 44-minute 1080i HD H.264/AAC MP4 with 12mbps video and 256K audio streams, and all the commercials are edited out. It's uploading to Sendspace now as a 15-part .rar file; uncompressed it's a (hopefully!) manageable 3.8GB. It all should upload overnight tonight and I'll have download links posted in the morning. Thanks for waiting!

Sounds like you've had quite a hassle with this, so if this is a pain then don't bother but any chance you could upload it not as a .rar? Macs don't open those :(

I love all the previews of the songs!

The Forgotten was a big surprise when I heard it for the first time. This song is so beautiful, I love the way the piano sounds and the strings. Is a very emotional song. I think it's perfect for closing the trilogy.

Amy is a great song too, an acoustic song with a good and catchy melody. Also a good tribute to her. I like Amy Winehouse, I have her album Back to Black and I love it. So sad about she passed away, she was a great reference for soul music in the 21st Century, she was really good.

Nightlife probably is my least favorite, but I like it...Well, I think I will love it! It's probably the weirdest song that Green Day have made, but I like when the bands experiment with other styles. And the bassline in this song is awesome!

About Stop When The Red Lights Flash... man, what can I say? I totally love this song! This is pure Rock & Roll! The choir singing "I'll make you surrender" is so catchy! Is stuck in my head right now!

Archived