Green Day References

Liam

Not to sound like an old fart, but.....who's Alex Day? :P

He's an english musician/ youtube vlogger. Got to number 4 last christmas with no record company. And I hugged him at a signing in April. :D

Today my dad was like "Can you give me a minute!?"

I looked at him and replied...I am not Justin Bieber and walked away...

I don't think he understood what just happened :P

Ahahaha!!

A few weeks ago I saw a motorcycle shop named "Burnout". It made me smile :)

Maybe someone's mentioned this before but in the movie Crazy, Stupid Love there's a scene in a kids bedroom and he has a Rolling Stone Billie Joe cover on his wall :) It was just unexpected so my parents looked at me really weirdly when I just shouted out "BILLIE JOE!!!"

• Like 1

I'm drawing a picture of billie Joe in my colour class and my tutor came over and said "there's a blast from the past, didn't know they were still about. A lot of people liked them here 5 - 6 years ago. They must be one of those bands that are old enough to like now that aren't cool anymore!"

I didn't know what to say :P

I'm drawing a picture of billie Joe in my colour class and my tutor came over and said "there's a blast from the past, didn't know they were still about. A lot of people liked them here 5 - 6 years ago. They must be one of those bands that are old enough to like now that aren't cool anymore!"

I didn't know what to say :P

Same thing happened to me when I took my laptop in to Best Buy to get it fixed this summer. I had a Green Day background from the Boulevard of Broken Dreams video and the guy was like "Who's that?" and when I told him he was like "Holy fuck, they're old now! I remember when 'Dookie' came out. Are they still cool?" I was like "Hmm... doesn't that make you old too?" :P

• Like 1

I was watching the American Music Awards last night...the winner of the "Artist of the Year" award quoted during his acceptance:

"I'm at lost for words..."

Makes me so furious. How dare he quote Green Day.

I had to get this off my mind so I thought I would post it here.

I was watching the American Music Awards last night...the winner of the "Artist of the Year" award quoted during his acceptance:

Ahhh, the AMAs. Makes me sad thinking that Green Day probably would've been there, if not for everything...

As for the rest of your post, I do hope you're not serious.

• Like 1

Today I was at the store fnac to get some CDs, and they were playing ¡Dos! I heard Wow! That's Loud and then Amy.

They also had a whole display for Green Day, with a zillion Uno and Dos CDs, plus their vinyls above that. It was pretty cool. :)

• Like 1

I was at campus today on GDC (and wearing a AI t-shirt) and just as I got up to leave I saw someone with a GD wristband. And it turns out we both decided it was too creepy to start talking and she is a GDCer. :lol:

• Like 1

My English teacher likes to mess with me, so when he was explaining about oxymorons he goes: "For example, a good one would be Green Day as actual musicians." I was the only person who understood, but it was still funny.

Lol, that's not even an oxymoron. Sure this guy was a teacher?

• Like 1

I hope to hell youre not serious. lol

• Like 4

I was reading an interview with Mike Ness from Social Distortion and there was this question: "Are there any bands that have cited Social D as an influence that make you particularly proud?" Mike: "We’ve become good friends with Billie Joe from Green Day and I know the guys in Offspring and they’ve mentioned Social Distortion, and so has Rancid."

:wub:

• Like 1

Not really a GD reference, but neither are most of these. :P I was watching an episode of Cowboy Bebop inwhich people kept trying to guess the name of a character called V.J. or something and someone suggested Adrienne.