Green Day Dreams

Liam

Dreamt about Billie in cartoon form, where one of the Looney Tunes characters (couldn't see which one clearly, might have been Wile E. Coyote) had him flung over his shoulder while figure skating.  Then it switched back to live form, and was Billie making a drink for someone, but it turned out to be soup.

Off to dream dictionary. :lol:

• Haha 2

Had a dream of Billie holding a newborn baby.  Adrienne was sitting next to him and they looked happy but exhausted. 🤷‍♀️

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Vintage Disciple said:

Had a dream of Billie holding a newborn baby.  Adrienne was sitting next to him and they looked happy but exhausted. 🤷‍♀️

You astral projected straight to their grandkid :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

You astral projected straight to their grandkid :lol:

Wait, did they have one?

6 minutes ago, Vintage Disciple said:

Wait, did they have one?

I don’t know :lol: Your dream sure makes it seem like it though.

1 minute ago, Beerjeezus said:

I don’t know :lol: Your dream sure makes it seem like it though.

Hmmm...I've been known to have these types of dreams before.  😳

• Surprised 2

1 hour ago, Vintage Disciple said:

Hmmm...I've been known to have these types of dreams before.  😳

See?! I kinda believe it tbh

45 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

See?! I kinda believe it tbh

It was a weird dream to have about Billie...

• Like 1

So I had a dream that GD were playing in Wigan and that my train happened to stop at Wigan on my way home from London (even tho it goes nowhere near Wigan irl lol). So I got off to be nosy and see what was happening. The stage was just like to the side of this dirt road and there was like zero security or fences or anything, and a tiny crowd (maybe about 500-700 people). They had the merch stands up but for some reason instead of selling GD merch they were selling these stuffed/cuddly cushions that were in the shape of those Among Us things but they weren't supposed to be those. And they looked exactly like something that I already owned 3 of in the dream so I was like wtf, how do I have GD merch before it was GD merch 🤔 I'm taking photos comparing my ones to the GD ones and sending them to my bf like look at this shit, they're selling my stuff as merch lmao

At some point I met Tre and we talked but I can't remember what was said. And then I saw Billie and Mike talking to eachother not too far away, nobody was with them. Then Mike turns and starts walking towards me, says "see you later" to me as he walks past but I don't have time to say anything. I wanted to get a photo of his leopard print hair so I start following him at somewhat of a distance, secretly trying to get a decent pic. He keeps slowing down or walking back towards me and I think he knows he's being followed and trying to get me to back off, so I go back and find Billie again. He's running around and jumping in the air, I assume trying to get his energy up for the show. I'm taking videos and in one video he sort of jumps in the air and lands about 10ft away from me, and I get it on camera. I send it to my bf like OMG LOOK HOW CLOSE I AM TO BILLIE. And then I see Mike in the distance and go after him again to try and get a pic of his hair. I don't know if dream me ever did get that pic.

I stayed to watch some of the show too, only had time to see a couple songs. Can't remember which songs they played but they were good, lots of pyrotechnics.

Then on the way home I bumped into a random GDC user and they told me their daughter was supposed to be at the GD Wigan gig but she didn't know if she got there or not and for some reason she hadn't gone with her. And I was like "oh I was just there, I met Tre, Mike spoke to me and Billie was standing 10ft away from me, I could've spoken to him but I didn't" and she was super jealous lmao.

• Haha 2

"I could've spoken to him but I didn't"

Humble brag right there 

• Haha 3

So, at least I had a dream with Billie in it, still far from what I hoped for and god alone knows what it means.  It started with what looked like a picture of three Billie’s on split zoom screen but stacked horizontally.  On zooming in, the top one was some child actor’s dad who looked very like him (?) and the bottom one was Corey Taylor in a cowboy hat! Billie was in the middle looking like he did in that pic of him in a cafe in Amsterdam, glasses, black leather jacket, very nice.  Kept zooming in, they were all talking and laughing, to Corey’s living room which had a huge coffee table with enormous plastic pillar legs with flowers in them and dozens of boxes of OMO washing powder all round the room, which was apparently, a protest against plastic use.   Getting these beautiful pics and my brain is doing this!!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...

Had a dream that GD was making a music video including Kevin. Don't remember much, just that it was Mike and Tre on one side and Billie and Kevin on the other, with people in the YouTube comments asking who Kevin was.

• Like 4

Had a dream that was kind of a Hella Mega/Riding in Vans with Boys combo, but with different bands. The HM tour had just ended, and GD was releasing behind the scenes videos of their times with the other bands. But the other bands were The Offspring and Avenged Sevenfold (couldn't name you a single AS song, so I don't know how they got into my subconscious). GD had shared a house with AS, so most of the videos centered around that.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Had a dream this morning that GD were given an award to mark 20 years of AI. As they were posing with the award they were covered in green slime (a nod to the AI video). Billie took off his slime-covered jacket, he was shirtless. Mike said that some of the slime was in his underwear.

I immediately had a second dream that a taxi pulled up outside my house. I got in and was shocked that GD were inside, Billie was the driver, Tre in the passenger seat, Mike in the back alongside me. I went for a ride with them in the taxi.

• Love 2

Had a dream that some guy was impersonating Billie online, but his tattoos didn't match. He also only had one arm. Otherwise he did look like him.

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

Something about the three GD wives simultaneously taking pregnancy tests.  They were all negative.  And something about Mike being in a movie with Rosario Dawson.

Why was all this floating around in my subconscious?  I don't know.

• Haha 2

Billie was in my passenger seat in my dream last night. I don't remember exactly how he got there but I think Green Day were playing in my city and they trusted me to drive Billie around now I've passed my driving test. Anyway, a bird shat on my windscreen and I tried to park to wash it off, but the handbrake wouldn't work and even the footbrake had gone to shit because the car just rolled everywhere. Billie even had a go at the handbrake but it didn't help. At some point I must've got the car stationary and I tried to use the screenwash to get rid of the bird poo, but it wasn't working. The screenwash was clear at first but it was apparently full of gunk and horse poo. It eventually exploded all over my windscreen and flooded the engine until it sounded like the car was about to explode with us in it. We jumped out and I was like "Billie! You know all about cars! Do something!" And then I saw Mike getting a parking ticket so I ran to the machine, but the only options for parking there were "getting a bus" and "shopping" and I was just like "my car is exploding, don't give me a ticket!" I started to get quite annoyed with Billie because he was just staring at the engine and walking around the car. Then he got back in and tried to drive it. I don't know if it ever exploded. The dream changed to something else I don't remember. Green Day, you can trust my driving, but you can't trust my peasant wagon. It might be full of horse poo.

Anyway, this was definitely a driving anxiety dream featuring Billie and Mike, not a Green Day dream.

Edit: I just remembered what the dream changed to... we discovered that "I never had a problem dissecting the math" was FAKE NEWS and the true lyric was "I never had a problem dissecting a man" after all. I was going to post about it on GDA but something delayed me (probably the exploding car) and then I wasn't sure if it was worth posting anymore. How foolish! Of course that would be worth posting!

On 4/12/2022 at 7:46 AM, jengd said:

What I would give for a GD dream.  Last night I dreamt about Victor Orban and a tardigrade…!!!!! Send help 😂😂😂😂

I'm very late to this post but it made me snort my chocolate bar, thanks :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

41 minutes ago, solongfromthestars said:

I'm very late to this post but it made me snort my chocolate bar, thanks :lol:

Great dream, now you know why I am happy to be in someone’s dream! 🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I love these dreams lol. They're so vivid! Meanwhile MGK appeared in my most recent dream. In the distance but still 🤢

• Haha 3

I rarely dream at all but last night I was somehow at a weird small club for a GD show. It had a two tier stage and at one point Mike appeared on the top floor in a red check maxi skirt, chunky boots and a shaved head :lol: Billie was dressed exactly like he was for New Year 2019/20. There were about three rows of faceless people in front of the stage and I was sat at a round table on a big white wooden chair at it behind them. My shoe broke (random I know). Next thing a woman pulls a curtain round the stage and Billie says something to everyone about going for a helicopter ride :lol: We were flying over water (Caribbean looking?) and I woke up :lol:

10 hours ago, Slave To The Network said:

Wow, after months of no Green Day dreams I had a pretty in depth one last night:

I was in some bleachers/seats that I believe were in an arena, because Billie was on the stage, but it just seemed to be him and he was talking instead of playing an instrument (all the details are fuzzier now because I didn’t get to write it down in the morning right after). I realized that I could get closer, pretty much right up to the railing/barrier, because there actually weren’t that many people there. Whatever this was seemed to be fairly informal and Billie was talking with the audience. I went up close to the front and got pretty close to him and was fangirling a little because he walked past me.

Don’t remember much more from that part, but it somehow morphed to a different situation with all the same people there. Some of them were GDCers (@jengd and @Rumpelstiltskin2000 I think even though I don't know what you look like! :lol: I think it was like your avatars or something). It seemed to be Billie’s house (?) but it was small and everything looked very old (like “old person” style). Billie was messing with setting up a very small, black and white antenna TV from like the 50s or 60s that he had apparently restored because we were all going to watch something. The other TVs in this house were old as well. He did not appear to have a flatscreen anywhere. I was looking at the TV thinking ‘are we really going to watch something on this?’ and was right up in front of it, inspecting it. Billie was right next to me, fiddling with it and trying to get it to work. All I can remember about his appearance is he had shorter hair and was wearing a brown sweater. He got the TV working and it started playing something. It was this weird old timey thing about fur trappers and hunters or something that lasted about 10 mins and ended up just being a commercial for cigarettes. I turned to Billie asked him if he had finished Stranger Things because I wanted to tell him about Fear Street (a new slasher movie trilogy on Netflix) since Sadie Sink (who plays Max in ST) is in a couple of them as well as Maya Hawke (who plays Robin). However, before I got the chance to say anything to him about it, my alarm went off and I woke up. :mad:

I love that we looked like our avatars :lol:

• Haha 3

Well, I guess when it rains it pours because I had another in depth GD dream last night:

I was seeing signs of Green Day everywhere when I went to visit family in another state and thought that was odd because they haven’t done much recently in regards to new content. There was a rental car (I think) and in back pocket of the front passenger’s seat there was a stage play magazine that had them on the cover and a blurb about an article inside. I opened it and looked at the table of contents to find where the article was and flipped through the magazine to it, but went a little past it and ended somewhere in the middle. For some reason, this was a massive magazine and the Green Day thing was somewhere around page 233 or something. I wanted to go to the beginning of the article so I flipped back through and it kept going and going. This was at least a 25-30 page thing and was basically step by step of what was in a current play going on. I found out where it was and went, and it ended up being along the side of a really famous street or something.

It wasn’t really a play, but each snapshot of what was in the magazine, but extremely strange and surreal. The only way I can describe it is as you walked by, it was almost like you were transported to these particular moments in time and it felt real, but you were just a witness and still remained where you were in reality. This “play” encompassed the entire early history of Green Day and focused on things that were previously completely unknown. It covered everything from the disgusting to the utterly fascinating of what goes on behind the scenes that people never see of when they tour. There was so much detail that I can’t remember all of it, but highlights are probably that they often get into drag to go out without being recognized, Tré kissing a wild duck on the beak on an off day when they all went to a lake, and recalling the handful of times they’ve gotten so “piss” drunk that there had to be changes of pants for a couple of them. :lol:

All of this seemed to be mostly Dookie through Nimrod eras, but there was some of late AI towards the end and Billie had longer, fluffy hair in those parts. There was a place to buy it in different forms, such as a matchbook sized, duct tape cover booklet, a CD case that opened to reveal the content, or zine. The purchased versions were basically what had been in the magazine article.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

I had a proper Green Day dream last night. They were on a tour I didn't really get the concept of and the last show was in Detroit. Me and @Rumpelstiltskin2000 flew out for this Detroit show even though we didn't get the tour, but she fell asleep at the airport (which was also the NASA headquarters, so there were astronauts everywhere, but I digress), causing us to be so late to the show that it was already an hour in when we got there. The venue was like a mall and there was a furry convention with people dressed as foxes. They were totally baffled by why we weren't dressed as foxes and had no idea Green Day were playing. We passed Kevin on an escalator as he left a toy store. Hmmm! Kevin wasn't onstage! Just what was this tour about? Because of the furry convention, the floor was empty and we just walked to the front. Billie was on his own with an acoustic guitar and played some Green Day songs, then covered Begin Again by Taylor Swift. I asked if he knew All Too Well, fully expecting him to say no or "male bonding?" like he did when I requested Wild One in real life, but he said yes! And played All Too Well! My favourite song ever! It was a mediocre cover, but it was still Billie covering All Too Well. We'll definitely never experience that in real life, but at least I got it in my sleep! Down the stairs, I was there! :ga:

• Like 4

I will never forget that "male bonding" moment. It's the only thing I think of now when I hear Wild One. So honored I got to witness that in person!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1