Green Day Random News

Fuzz

I didn't even realize what was happening until halfway through the song. I think I was talking to Aaron Cometbus at the time and we both sorta stared at the stage in the middle of the song.

You talked to Aaron fucking Cometbus? Sick! What's he like? What'd you guys talk about?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen this before, got it from here, when megaupload still existed =/

Love it, he was very nice. I like when he offers her the cheetos :lol:

Top Ten Pop-Punk Bands of California

2. Green Day:

It’s tough to position Green Day anywhere else other than number one, but we have done so and we will explain why. Despite being named by many as the most influential punk-rock band ever to take the stage, that is what they are best credited for. Blink-182 however will be known as the band that continued the journey from punk-rock to pop-punk and seeing as this list is for pop-punk, that is exactly our reason.

With all that said, without Green Day, there may have never been a pop-punk genre. In 1994 the band released their second album, ‘Dookie’. This was one of the first punk-rock albums that was played on commercial radio, and bridged the step from underground clubs to mainstage arena success, not just for Green Day, but for a plethora of other historic bands such as The Offspring and Blink-182.

The voyage Billie-Joe Armstrong and company have been on since they started back in 1990 has been nothing short of tremendous. From punk-revivalists to pronounced ‘sell-outs’ we have learnt so much from them. Anything is possible in the world of music and no barrier is too thick to break down. Green Day will be forever remembered and should be celebrated from this. Thank you, Green Day.

http://poppunkworld.com/blogbeta/

if Green Day is the reason Punk-Pop exists then their reasoning for why Blink is #1 is irrelevant. Also this is loaded with typos...just saying.

A Brief Guide To Green Day

Brush up on the punk trio's essential tracks

Before Green Day won over Broadway with an ambitious anti-war album, it was a simple-minded punk trio from Berkeley with an album called "Dookie" and song titles such as "Geek Stink Breath" and "Words I Might Have Ate."

While the band's sound has evolved greatly since forming in 1987, Green Day has maintained a knack for writing songs with lasting appeal. Here are five that still hold up well.

"Who Wrote Holden Caulfield?" (from 1992's "Kerplunk!")

This isn't the best song for name-checking the protagonist of "The Catcher in the Rye" (that honor belongs to Piebald), but like many of the songs from "Kerplunk," this track exemplified singer Billie Joe Armstrong's ability to write a catchy hook.

"Longview" (from 1994's "Dookie")

The video was an MTV staple and for good reason: Nothing from the '90s captured suburban malaise, and the angst that comes with it, like "Longview." Also, that bassline.

"86" (from 1995's "Insomniac")

A punk band goes mainstream and can't go home again (in this case, "home" was the Gilman Street punk scene in Berkeley). Never a band to apologize for its success, Green Day used "86" to come to terms with its rising profile.

"Brain Stew" ("Insomniac")

Straightforward and all the better for it, "Brain Stew" sounds like it could have been written in any garage in America. For an act that had just made millions of new fans with a breakthrough album from the previous year, it was a welcome return to basics.

"Redundant" (from 1997's "Nimrod")

The chorus is arena-ready, and it hints at the pop-minded heights Armstrong would eventually reach.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/music/midnight-sun-blog/bs-ae-american-idiot-sidebar-20130503,0,1272210.story

BACKSTAGE: FOX THEATER - OAKLAND, CA

He talks about Green Day at 6:52

A Brief Guide To Green Day

Brush up on the punk trio's essential tracks

Before Green Day won over Broadway with an ambitious anti-war album, it was a simple-minded punk trio from Berkeley with an album called "Dookie" and song titles such as "Geek Stink Breath" and "Words I Might Have Ate."

While the band's sound has evolved greatly since forming in 1987, Green Day has maintained a knack for writing songs with lasting appeal. Here are five that still hold up well.

"Who Wrote Holden Caulfield?" (from 1992's "Kerplunk!")

This isn't the best song for name-checking the protagonist of "The Catcher in the Rye" (that honor belongs to Piebald), but like many of the songs from "Kerplunk," this track exemplified singer Billie Joe Armstrong's ability to write a catchy hook.

"Longview" (from 1994's "Dookie")

The video was an MTV staple and for good reason: Nothing from the '90s captured suburban malaise, and the angst that comes with it, like "Longview." Also, that bassline.

"86" (from 1995's "Insomniac")

A punk band goes mainstream and can't go home again (in this case, "home" was the Gilman Street punk scene in Berkeley). Never a band to apologize for its success, Green Day used "86" to come to terms with its rising profile.

"Brain Stew" ("Insomniac")

Straightforward and all the better for it, "Brain Stew" sounds like it could have been written in any garage in America. For an act that had just made millions of new fans with a breakthrough album from the previous year, it was a welcome return to basics.

"Redundant" (from 1997's "Nimrod")

The chorus is arena-ready, and it hints at the pop-minded heights Armstrong would eventually reach.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/music/midnight-sun-blog/bs-ae-american-idiot-sidebar-20130503,0,1272210.story

BACKSTAGE: FOX THEATER - OAKLAND, CA

He talks about Green Day at 6:52

I fucking love that list!

Guitar signed by @GreenDay is up to $575 in our online auction. Thanks @BJAofficial and @mnnesotagirl!

Signed by Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong, Mike Dirnt, and Tre Cool, with a special addition of "Burrito!" added to Billie Joe's signature because Billie Joe is a fan of Burrito from the sanctuary and even named one of his own guitars after him! This Harmony H54 rocket Hollow Body Electric Guitar is for any fan of rockin out.

http://chimpsnw2013.afrogs.org/items/view/index.html?item_id=50239

From http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/entertainment/top_10_greatest_punk_songs.html :

Top 10 Greatest Punk Songs

7. GREEN DAY "Longview"

Green Day's first major label single started life as a bass riff written by Mike Dirnt when he was on acid. "I was frying on acid so hard," he said. "Later, it took me a long time to be able to play it, but it made sense when I was on drugs."

Israel Nash Gripka is definately one of my favorite artists of all time. He once recorded an acoustic EP where he covers famous songs in an acoustic setting. Just a man and his guitar. He took on Basket Case as well. I think it's great but I have feeling a lot of you will think different ^^ If you don't like this cover, be sure to check out his song 'Evening' from his first album. You won't regret it ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bf_39byAvJI

Just a note to say I split the Idiot Nation pick contest news into it's own thread, so you can talk about it there :)

Don't know if this belongs here but, there you go :P

Tre Cool taking in a San Jose Sharks ice hockey game at the HP Pavilion tonight!
PHOTO via alx_green_chemical_182 ~ So I'm watching the sharks game and look who I see @treleparc #trécool !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #holycrap #sj #sharks

947295_10151558666863961_914417247_n.jpg

via Donnie Eifert @deifert5

Tre Cool is at the Sharks game and the San Jose announcers started using songs to describe the series.
via Megan Seling @mseling
Tre Cool is at the San Jose Sharks game and CNBC announcers are trying to top each other with Green Day puns and it's hilarious.
via Josiah LeRoy @JosiahDLeRoy
Tre Cool is front row at the #Sharks game! Sick.

Via Green Day Live on tour :happy:

Don't know if this belongs here but, there you go :P

Tre Cool taking in a San Jose Sharks ice hockey game at the HP Pavilion tonight!

PHOTO via alx_green_chemical_182 ~ So I'm watching the sharks game and look who I see @treleparc #trécool !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #holycrap #sj #sharks

947295_10151558666863961_914417247_n.jpg

via Donnie Eifert @deifert5

Tre Cool is at the Sharks game and the San Jose announcers started using songs to describe the series.

via Megan Seling @mseling

Tre Cool is at the San Jose Sharks game and CNBC announcers are trying to top each other with Green Day puns and it's hilarious.

via Josiah LeRoy @JosiahDLeRoy

Tre Cool is front row at the #Sharks game! Sick.

Via Green Day Live on tour :happy:

:wub:

Green Day has been voted for the Kerrang! awards 2013 as best band and best event:

BEST INTERNATIONAL BAND
Green Day
Black Veil Brides
All Time Low
Fall Out Boy
Pierce The Veil

BEST EVENT
You Me At Six: The Final Night Of Sin
The Kerrang! Tour 2013
Green Day's 'secret' show at Reading
Dave Grohl's Sound City Players at London Kentish Town Forum
Fall Out Boy at London Camden Underworld

http://www.kerrang.com/blog/2013/05/relentless_kerrang_awards_2013.html

Was that really news NME??? What's next, 'Billie Joe Armstrong takes a shit!'?

This Billie vs Psy better not turn into another pants on a plane incident! :lol:

Was that really news NME??? What's next, 'Billie Joe Armstrong takes a shit!'?

That's British press for you. They turn nothing into a stupid story.

NME has a small article about Billie regarding something negative he said about Psy :lol:

http://www.nme.com/news/green-day/70174

Apart from being pointless, does anyone else reckon the journalist was trying to make a very subtle slur against Green Day?

Maybe I'm reading too deeply into it, but in the last paragraph the writer seems to be making a point of Green Day 'going and then coming back' just like Psy and herpes...no? :ermm:

Apart from being pointless, does anyone else reckon the journalist was trying to make a very subtle slur against Green Day.

Maybe I'm reading too deeply into it, but in the last paragraph the writer seems to be making a point of Green Day 'going and then coming back' just like Psy and herpes...no? :ermm:

I didn't even pay attention to that :lol:

oh dear, nice one NME :lol: billie is right, this guy is just infuriating, i wish he would go away.

Bethany Cosentino Talks Green Day,

This summer, Best Coast will follow up The Only Place with a new EP, and this Thursday, the band heads to UCSB for a show at The Hub. We recently caught up with Cosentino to talk about touring with Green Day and her newfound celebrity.

As a California kid who grew up in the ’90s, the opportunity to go on tour with Green Day is a pretty big deal. Did you freak out a bit when you found out? Yeah, I was definitely shocked when we got asked. Like, I couldn’t believe they wanted to take us on tour. I grew up listening to Dookie, so it was like one of my childhood idols asking to take my band on tour. It was totally awesome.

How did the shows go? They went really well. It was a weird adjustment for sure — to play on huge stages like that to audiences that don’t really know who you are, in venues that hold over 10,000 people. That’s not something we are used to, but it was a cool experience for us. Green Day have a lot of young fans, and young people seem to really like Best Coast, so there were some nights where kids would get really excited about us.

http://www.independent.com/news/2013/may/07/best-coasts-california-love/

Archived