Green Day - Uno! - Official Trailer!

Harry Potter.

Maybe what we've heard is the solo

That's quite interesting..

It could also be 2 different parts from the song pasted together, and for the trailer they left the vocals out, but I think it seems more right if it is the intro of the song.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's quite interesting..

It could also be 2 different parts from the song pasted together, and for the trailer they left the vocals out, but I think it seems more right if it is the intro of the song.

I'm leaning toward your view - intro stitched together with an instrumental bridge is what I'm thinking.

Yeah, actually it sounds more like an intro, but what a long intro! I hope intros are much shorter than in 21CB

Yeah, actually it sounds more like an intro, but what a long intro! I hope intros are much shorter than in 21CB

Why? If this trailer was just an intro, it was still awesome. As are a lot of 21CB intros.... The way 21CB builds is genius.

That is a good point. For quite a few of the songs, I would fast forward through the beginning. Ex: 21CB, Before the Lobotomy, EJN, etc

Why? If this trailer was just an intro, it was still awesome. As are a lot of 21CB intros.... The way 21CB builds is genius.

I means what Matt said. I just prefer the vocal part to start soon. The only song I'd like a longer intro to is She, and I'd probably end up sick of it. I prefer the song to "fully" start (with all the instruments) as soon as possible, because that's always my fav part. I didn't enjoy then long, slow intros in 21CB, plus many of them were like bad-quality radio. First time you listen to the album they're pretty awesome, but when I decide to put some 21CB in a playlist in my phone it just gets boring.

Also, I love the vibe the album gives. Although I see it more similar to Warning than to Nimrod in the sound of instruments. And the bass is just as lovely as it could be, it has a very nice sound. Guitar is also epic, it has a nice rocky chill sound. Talking by now about the trailer song, because I can't listen to anything else.

They said they write a lot from a live point of view. So intros kind of build up the anticipation until it explodes into the pre-chorus/chorus. Especially with 21stCB live. If it will benefit the song - long intros don't bother me.

Really can't wait to hear some studio recorded vocals now :) I'm hoping Billie Joe won't sound too overproduced like in 21CB, that raw kinda rough voice that you hear during live performances would fit really with the new songs I think :)

I completely agree with this. His vocals sounded too forced & overproduced. I don't think he sounded bad but I think his vocals from Nimrod to AI were top class. 21stCB was a bit of a let-down regarding this (for me).

They said they write a lot from a live point of view. So intros kind of build up the anticipation until it explodes into the pre-chorus/chorus. Especially with 21stCB live. If it will benefit the song - long intros don't bother me.

They bother me in playlists, because I usually use playlist while I'm on my way to pool and back home, but I most often watch live recordings so I can deal with them. I'd prefer getting radio edits this time though.

Really can't wait to hear some studio recorded vocals now :) I'm hoping Billie Joe won't sound too overproduced like in 21CB, that raw kinda rough voice that you hear during live performances would fit really with the new songs I think :)

I reckon they’ll be at their best ever. This will be the first album since his Broadway training, so I have high hopes...

They bother me in playlists, because I usually use playlist while I'm on my way to pool and back home, but I most often watch live recordings so I can deal with them. I'd prefer getting radio edits this time though.

I guess it's just a matter of preference really :)

If i had to take a guess, I would say it's partly intro and a little chorus/1st verse. If you listen to the video, around 22 seconds it goes into a different guitar riff- I would guess that around there it would go into the chorus/1st verse.

248177_452139728143918_1458063490_n.jpg

If i had to go by the charts that were given in the video, I would assume it's this one (spoiler) based on my thoughts.

Another complete and wild guess- I think the song being played is Trouble Maker :) If the tracks given

166039_452140401477184_589612897_n.jpg

are on Uno, then I would take a guess that it's trouble maker. To me, it has a kinda old western feel to it, and I associate old west with trouble lol. It kinda reminds me of Peacemaker now that I think about it. Like a more western version of it.

Oh, and the pix are in spoilers purely because they take up a crapload of space and i don't feel like resizing them :lol:

I means what Matt said. I just prefer the vocal part to start soon. The only song I'd like a longer intro to is She, and I'd probably end up sick of it. I prefer the song to "fully" start (with all the instruments) as soon as possible, because that's always my fav part. I didn't enjoy then long, slow intros in 21CB, plus many of them were like bad-quality radio. First time you listen to the album they're pretty awesome, but when I decide to put some 21CB in a playlist in my phone it just gets boring.

I listen to 21CB on my phone when I go somewhere very often and I like these intros and I've never got bored of them. In my opinion intros make song more interesting.

I reckon they’ll be at their best ever. This will be the first album since his Broadway training, so I have high hopes...

I hope so. Maybe he'll sing some part like in "Last of the American Girls/She's a rebel" on Broadway? That would be very pleasant to hear he's singing in that way.

I'm also very curious if you can hear some improvements in his vocals. Or maybe he is using some new techniques. You never know, his vocals for Drama Queen were quite dynamic. But it will also be nice to hear some more rawness in his vocals, kind of like he did with Foxboro Hot Tubs. It will be amazing I think.

That video where Billie was eating a slice of watermelon was a clue about what colors ¡UNO! Would be. Can't believe we didn't get that. /sarcasm

But I'm excited to hear a studio version of It's Fuck Time. I figured when Billie said it was now a Green Day song that it would be on one of the albums.

Has Mike taken any Broadway training? Haha Mike's voice would sound cool and weird with Broadway's style

That video where Billie was eating a slice of watermelon was a clue about what colors ¡UNO! Would be. Can't believe we didn't get that. /sarcasm

NICE ONE!

I didn't remember that xD

Has Mike taken any Broadway training? Haha Mike's voice would sound cool and weird with Broadway's style

i doubt it, the only one who really sang in the musical was Billie...though Mike might have taken some training for fun ;D

i doubt it, the only one who really sang in the musical was Billie...though Mike might have taken some training for fun ;D

That's what I was thinking. Or maybe he was going to sing but it got scrapped or something. Or maybe Billie tries to practice with Mike? If I see Mike songs I'll love them all! Also, I'll be most satisfied by ¡Dos! I think. Not to be a fanboy, but Mike's life story is pretty interesting, his instrument is my favorite one and his lyrics are like... they get right to the point of what he wants to say, but they are still very beautiful.

That's what I was thinking. Or maybe he was going to sing but it got scrapped or something. Or maybe Billie tries to practice with Mike? If I see Mike songs I'll love them all! Also, I'll be most satisfied by ¡Dos! I think. Not to be a fanboy, but Mike's life story is pretty interesting, his instrument is my favorite one and his lyrics are like... they get right to the point of what he wants to say, but they are still very beautiful.

maybe, i don't know :D

to me all that fits best to Billie...i like his instrument the best, his lyrics are amazing and his story is also very interesting...and i can totally relate to his songs...though i gotta say Mike's songs are also amazing and JAR is one of my favorite songs, the lyrics are just amazing...if Dos really has songs written by Mike on them i'll be totally satisfied, too (whether he also sings those songs or not)...anyways i'm getting slightly off topic now :lol:

Well, I know people prefers Billie singing, but if each one sang one album I wouldn't be dissappointed at all. Only for the trilogy, of course, later Billie would be the singer again. But for this time, I'd like to get more Mike and Tré stuff. If they don't, I'll be happy anyway because it's still Green Day and Billie sings incredibly well.

Looking at your ages, are you lot ever in school? just wondering because some of you never leave this thread!

The cover looks Sooooo shitty. It looks like a bad fan made thing...

Looking at your ages, are you lot ever in school? just wondering because some of you never leave this thread!

Yes, but since you're in the UK maybe you're sleeping when I'm at school

Yes, but since you're in the UK maybe you're sleeping when I'm at school

The UK is only 1 hour different from Spain. That doesn't have anything to do with the trailer though, and neither does the idea of Mike singing on the albums (which has already been discussed approximately 10000000 times). Let's get back on topic.

Archived