Ticket Prices?

BCap

I just got into Green Day a few years ago, and I've never been to one of their concerts. I was just wondering, how much do the tickets generally cost? I'd like to be able to be right up front in the mosh pit, but I'm concerned that it might cost too much and/or that I'd have to be a member of the Idiot Club to be able to get such a good ticket. Also, do tickets that get you right up front go on sale at the same time as seated tickets, or are those only general admissions? I've only been to one concert (Springsteen in Baltimore, back before Clemons died), so I don't really know much about these things. Also, do they sell backstage passes or anything?

Floor tickets are usually cheaper than seats. Floor is also just floor most if not all of the time, no front or back floor or something like that. They don't sell backstage passes. Floor tickets go on sale at the same time as seats, but the IC sometimes does presales, so if you're an IC member you can buy tickets a week or so before non-members. They don't do that for every show though.

Ticket prices... Idk where you live, but I paid around €50 for my floor ticket, if my memory serves me right.

I live in Maryland, so they'd probably come to Baltimore, Annapolis, or D.C.

I don’t know what €50 translates as, but I payed under £30 for my ticket on the last tour. GD keep their prices relatively low so everyone can go :)

Ahh. Not sure about US ticket prices, but I'd imagine they're the same or a little cheaper. Between $40-$60 is my guess, depending on the venue. Someone from the US could answer that question better though.

it all depends...

my seat tickets last year cost 60 bucks a pop. getting pit tickets can be a challenge, i hope you get lucky. some people try for years and cant get them (case in point)

I don’t know what €50 translates as, but I payed under £30 for my ticket on the last tour. GD keep their prices relatively low so everyone can go :)

€50 is about £35 I think. It might have been cheaper, I don't remember it that well :lol: not much though, I can't imagine it was less than €45 with all the extra fees and whatnot.

It kind of varies among countries and venues... Paris was quite expensive, think we paid over €60 for seats... Granted, they were the best seats (though nothing beats the floor *sigh*), but still.

I wouldn't say their prices are cheap, bur for such a big band it's definitely not a high price!

From my experience I'd say that for an arena or stadium, pit tickets are the cheapest and easiest to get. It's if you want good seats that you need to worry about price/Idiot Club presales etc. Although it does depend on the type of venue... some (like stadiums) do have a 'gold circle' which is a bit right at the front of the pit that's separate from the rest. But a lot of places don't even have those.

I think my Arizona pit tickets were about $80... that was an amphitheatre though, which is different to an arena or stadium. In the case of those, pit tickets are the most difficult to get. So it really varies. No idea about US prices for arenas.

I'm probably not even making sense. :lol:

You can buy them as soon as they go on sale, which is usually at least a few months before the show. :)

It's hard to tell because ticket prices usually change naturally between tours. The price has risen so far with every tour they've done, but given that it's only been two years since the last tour i'm hoping they haven't risen much. It also varies - arenas are usually cheaper than stadiums or outside shows, for example.

That said Green Day always seem to try and keep prices as cheap as they can.

In 2009 I paid around €50 for a floor ticket. If you want to be in front of the stage/against the barrier, it's probably the best to buy your tickets as soon as they go on sale. Most of the shows on the last tour sold out pretty fast, at least floor tickets. I'm going to the Green Day show in August this year, and a floor ticket is around €60 this time. So I guess the price in Europe is like 50-60 euros now.

Ticket prices are based on a couple things.

First, the amount of money the venue (whether it be club, area or stadium) had to pay the band to get them to play there. The venue has to make that money back, obviously with a preferred large profit. Generally, the bigger the band, the more expensive they are to book (Paul McCartney vs. LMFAO, for example). They make that money back through ticket sales, promotions, and media coverage.

Usually, the larger the venue, the more expensive the ticket (I paid $54 for my floor ticket in Ottawa [which was in an arena], and $90 for my floor ticket in Toronto a year later [which was in an amiptheater]). If the venue knows that the band can bring in large numbers, ticket prices will also be raised slightly in order to make a larger profit for both the band and the venue without fear of having a smaller attendance.

It's also determined by the band's tour management how pricing levels will work. Pricing levels vary from artist to artist. Some will have GA floor and seating, others will have no GA on the floor at all. Some will divide the pricing levels on the floor if it's seating, some may have 'gold circle' or VIP sections on a GA floor (both of which will obviously cost more).

Fortunately for us Green Day fans, we're in the good. They've always been well-known to have reasonable ticket prices, and Billie has mentioned himself on more than one occasion that they want to keep ticket prices as reasonable as they can be. 99% of the time, their floor plan works as a GA floor and seating. They do have a Golden Circle on occasion (the section of the floor in front of the stage separately barricaded from the rest of the floor), but getting in there does not cost a penny more than the rest of the floor. It's first come, first serve.

With the Idiot Club, they have presales for members to purchase a select amount of tickets before they go on sale to the public (certain venues may also have a separate presale going at the same time). Concerts will never sell out through presale tickets alone, since the entire capacity is never released to those promotions. Presales are really your best course of action if you plan on buying a seated ticket, though they don't necessarily include the best viewing sections to presale promotions. Once tickets go on sale to the general public, you have the entire venue to choose from!

I talk too much.

First, the amount of money the venue (whether it be club, area or stadium) had to pay the band to get them to play there. The venue has to make that money back, obviously with a preferred large profit. Generally, the bigger the band, the more expensive they are to book (Paul McCartney vs. LMFAO, for example). They make that money back through ticket sales, promotions, and media coverage.

#1 - LMFAO tours?

#2 - People pay money to see LMFAO?

THE FUCK?

It's also determined by the band's tour management how pricing levels will work. Pricing levels vary from artist to artist. Some will have GA floor and seating, others will have no GA on the floor at all. Some will divide the pricing levels on the floor if it's seating, some may have 'gold circle' or VIP sections on a GA floor (both of which will obviously cost more).

Also, important notice to anyone: buy GA floor no matter how much more it costs. Who the fuck wants to watch a show in a seat? The same people who buy LMFAO tickets, that's who.

In all fairness, their concert is in my Top 20 of best shows I've worked.

But you can buy pit tickets in advance for most venues?

Yes. The only exception to this would be when they announce secret shows... in the past the announcement for secret shows has been done a day or so before the gig, and they're usually Idiot Club members mostly. But for tour dates and such the tickets go on sale months before the concert, and pit and seats always go on sale on the same date. Pit tickets are very difficult to get if you don't have access to presales, because they sell really fast.

I saw them at the Madison Square Garden in 2009, I had pit tickets for both nights, and the price was nearly 60$ per ticket.

Archived