Green Day to be covered on GLEE

Likearollingstone

And a bunch of animated gifs and people saying 'no' is any better? I just don't get why people get so worked up over this sort of stuff. Like, it seems as if people get embarrassed about it, like, what will people think if my favourite band do this? Like what other people think actually matters.

I don't see anyone actually getting super worked up over this... I personally was just trying to be funny, I honestly really don't care that they're covering Good Riddance. :ermm: Like you said earlier, if you don't like it, don't watch it.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys, guys, guys! Where can I find one of those gifs so that I can get a lot of rep too??

Why_So_Serious_Cat__by_Skeleton_Boy.png

*runs* :P

I was just waiting for Glee to do this... remember, the cast went to see AI on Broadway, and several of the cast members were in Spring Awakening... I really hope they use the musical arrangement of the song. It'll be nice. I have nothing against it. The song has long been misunderstood and it's a really cliche choice for the show.

I'd rather them do something cheesy like this than butcher a song like American Idiot :D

I'm not surprised. They are graduating high school and it's Good Riddance, the ultimate graduation song.

Good Riddance was originally going to be on the Broadway cast recording but was cut to make room for "When It's Time."

tumblr_m2hna5iwnf1qevfck.jpg

My reaction to this news, I was hoping Green Day would avoid this tripe like Guns N Roses and Foo Fighters have. Alas it was not to be

Come on, is it really this bad?

Good Riddance has been covered by so many different artists and went through so many different sources.

It's one of Green Day's most played songs for occasions like weddings, funerals and graduation.

We are not going to die because some youngsters are going to cover the song. And since it is not the first time that the song will be covered in a TV show episode, I don't see what the problem is exactly.

Oh, please don't. They will rape this song.

This is not something glee should do: Mess with the great ones ... :I

:sick: Ah For Fuck Sake!!! This is fuckin terrible. Glee is a steaming pile of shite!!!

Why oh why didn't they just say "NO" :angry

I thought by Green Day having their own musical that they would avoid this awful excuse for a show.

Worst case scenario:

Youtube top voted comment on Green Day's version: "I like Glee's version better, Green Day suckzzzzzz so much!!!!11"

as a glee fan, i'm laughing at all of your reactions. admittedly, i don't want glee to do this song, at least not in this context. but you guys are blowing this out of proportion. of course good riddance is called good riddance for a reason and it's not really this nostalgic "oh man i'm gonna miss you all so much" kind of song that most people think it is, but well... it's glee.

glee has its fair share of problems; almost any glee fan will tell you that. but the majority of people who are on glee and who work for glee are extremely talented and very very hard working. they do their best to put out good work, especially with what they are given. for some people, glee's just not their cup of tea. but to say that the people who work on glee suck and that glee will wreck anything it touches is just bullshit. i know i'm biased, but there are many songs glee has covered that i actually prefer to the original versions. sure, some of them sound like kidsbop, but not all of them. they are talented singers. i really don't see what the problem is. i'm actually surprised glee hasn't covered green day before now.

anyways, stop getting your panties in a bunch.

I was wondering how long it'd be till they covered Green Day. I love Glee! Well, after initially expressing my disgust at a tv programme which I thought to be similar to the pile of wank that is High School Musical, I decided to not be so narrow minded and actually watch an episode. Really enjoyed it, it's funny, I watched the first series or two and thought they were great. I'd quite like to get back into it. Surprises me that it is advertised so much towards children though, it really is not even slightly appropriate.

They'll probably murder the song, I don't like the majority of the songs they do on there, but oh well. Don't see how making Green Day's music accessible for a wider audience to enjoy could possibly be detrimental to us in any way. I'll look forward to hearing their rendition.

as a glee fan, i'm laughing at all of your reactions. admittedly, i don't want glee to do this song, at least not in this context. but you guys are blowing this out of proportion. of course good riddance is called good riddance for a reason and it's not really this nostalgic "oh man i'm gonna miss you all so much" kind of song that most people think it is, but well... it's glee.

glee has its fair share of problems; almost any glee fan will tell you that. but the majority of people who are on glee and who work for glee are extremely talented and very very hard working. they do their best to put out good work, especially with what they are given. for some people, glee's just not their cup of tea. but to say that the people who work on glee suck and that glee will wreck anything it touches is just bullshit. i know i'm biased, but there are many songs glee has covered that i actually prefer to the original versions. sure, some of them sound like kidsbop, but not all of them. they are talented singers. i really don't see what the problem is. i'm actually surprised glee hasn't covered green day before now.

Yeah I agree that they made some good and some bad versions of songs at times. It maybe kind of depends who sings it. I'm still not a big fan of Fin as his vocals are quite limited compared to the rest.

I'm confident that they will nail Good Riddance in their own way.

And besides, there will always be haters with anything someone is going to do at some point. This is no exception.

My reaction to this news, I was hoping Green Day would avoid this tripe like Guns N Roses and Foo Fighters have. Alas it was not to be

At this stage, appearing on Glee would probably be a step up for Guns N Roses, at least they'd be actually able to sing the songs.

Worst case scenario:

Youtube top voted comment on Green Day's version: "I like Glee's version better, Green Day suckzzzzzz so much!!!!11"

And you are afraid that Green Day fans will be saying that?

There are always people who dislike Green Day and will always be saying something like that. But your dislike towards Glee and its fans is quite comparable to the dislike you described they would have towards Green Day. So how is that fair from both sides?

look on the bright side, people will find more about green day?

Of course they're doing Good Riddance. It's the most predictable thing ever. But in all seriousness, I think it might turn out pretty good.

Of course they're doing Good Riddance. It's the most predictable thing ever.

it seriously is. i'm pretty sure i called this one months ago.

I used to watch Glee and then it moved channels over here and was on one I don't have in my room, I might try to get back into it though to see their cover, I really hope they do a half decent job of it...

Seems to me that most of the people "getting their panties in a bunch" are just having a laugh. No need to take it so seriously.

They could do a good job, or they could completely slaughter it.

Not gonna hold my breath for either way, though. Just....ugh.

Archived